From the momment we arrived at the resort we were greeted with smiles from everyone. The staff was very helpful in helping us decide which activities to do and where the best places to eat were. We road from the airport on a bus which takes travelers to all the nearby resorts, the cost was only about $18 per person round trip.-much cheaper then a taxi. The bus will pick you up right outside when you leave. The beach is only a nice walk down the road at the end of the resort gate to your right. We loved the beach!!
1) If you end up heading down to the main tourist gift shopping area don't shop till later in the day, they will make deals with you. If they don't make a deal upfront they will take offers.
2) The beach by the main shopping area isn't the only spot. Like stated just down the road if you keep going straight you will find a nice unpopulated beach. Just keep walking along the beach, it gets a little narrow and appears to not continue but you should keep going to the right (right when facing the ocean) and see the conch shack, at sunset he feeds the sting rays!! When you keep walking there are umbrellas and chairs which are for the guests so I suggest bringing blankets or extra towels along.
I can't remember the name but if you ask the staff about the restaurant where they feed sharks that is a must see!! The seating area is right over the ocean and sharks actually come up underneath of you to eat scraps. But I would ask the staff to find out when the sharks get feed in order to go around that time and you will need a taxi to go. Not the cheapest but definately the best!! And the food was bliss!! Our taxi driver was so friendly too he actually waited at the restaurant for us to enjoy our dinner to us a ride back.
As for activities they have it all!! There's on site activities like learning to scuba dive, dance night, poker night, billards, pools, spa, and a beautiful dock area for the sailors.
Downtown they have many activities as well, they have the fish fry every week which is more for party goers, dolphin encounters (amazing!), sorkeling and booze cruizes, they have everything anyone could ask for. We even went on a day tour of the other side of the island where we toured through the park and saw an underwater cave!!
This place is absolute heaven!!! If anything comes across your mind just ask they are so friendly and extremely helpful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club Hotel Freeport
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club And Resort
- Ocean Reef Yacht Hotel
- Ocean Reef Yacht Resort
- Bahamas Ocean Reef Yacht Club
- Ocean Reef Yacht Club & Resort Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island