Staying at the Bell Channel Inn was the best choice we made. Our travel advisor tried to get us to "upgrade" to an all inclusive resort in which I am very happy I didn't choose the upgrade. The Bell channel was a quaint boutique hotel with a very friendly staff - especially Genie, Lizbeth, and Clo. The hotel was clean and perfect for what we were looking for. We came down to Freeport for diving and the hotel was ideal for it. Our back sliding doors lead us right by the dock for the dive boat. The dive operation (Caribbean Divers) was amazing thanks to Presley and Jerry. They were very knowledgeable and safe - not "commercialized" at all! They gave you very intamate dives, saw all the best locations and most of all they were safe and trusting. Caribbean Divers far exceeded my expectations. The dive and hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a great trip.
The food in the Upstairs resturant was affordable and great with nice size portions. Service was also great. The hotel was a short walk from Port Lucaya and a short cab ride to the International Bizarre. However it was away from the touristy hustle and bustle which made it peaceful and relaxing. Hotel staff was able to direct you to local places to get an authentic experience for an affordable price.
Highly recommend this place and will be visiting again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bell Channel Inn is a family operated hotel, run by 3 generations. It has once again achieved the prestigious " Certificate of Excellence" awarded by Trip Advisor for its 4 star rating reviews.Bell Channel Inn is a small hotel with 32 spacious rooms, equipped with air-condition, dining room area, cable T.V., free wireless internet access, telephone, refrigerator, hairdryer, alarm clock, daily housekeeping, private balcony with a view over the water and Port Lucaya or a direct exit to the pool deck and your choice of king size or double beds. Should you need: coffee maker, kettle, shampoo, iron & ironing board or a roll away, laundry service or maybe a cab or a shuttle to the beach, then just call the front desk and they will be happy to assist you.Friendly and knowledgeable staff are available at the front desk 24 hours-a-day and the tour desk assistant, Genie, will give you a welcome drink and an orientation after you check-in regarding how to get around and which tours are being offered and she might even be able to find a discount or two on selected tours! The lobby has been newly updated and fitted with a comfortable sofa and a TV so you can catch up on all the news or get a chat with the ladies in the lobby while you wait for a taxi. You will also find a safe at the reception for your valuables. Bell Channel Inn also has its own restaurant & bar/lounge known as "Upstairs" where guests can enjoy drinks in the "No Stress Zone" after a long day in the sun. Upstairs is located on the top floor and has a beautiful view over the water, it is open from 7:30am -11pm, with Happy Hour from 5p.m.-7p.m. There is LIVE entertainment on Friday nights. Upstairs is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a good selection of both Bahamian and American dishes - they are especially famous for the fresh seafood! Don't forget to pack your swimwear as this hotel features an outdoor pool and a free shuttle to and from the beach. Free wireless Internet access is also provided so you can check your in-box whenever you like! Other amenities include non-smoking rooms, air conditioning in public areas, currency exchange, beach/pool umbrellas and free parking.Located on the waterfront, Bell Channel Inn is a hotel in the area of Lucaya, Freeport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Bell Channel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bell Channel Hotel Freeport
- Bell Channel Hotel Bahamas
- Hotel Bell Channel
- Bahamas Bell Channel Hotel
- Bell Channel Inn Bahamas/Freeport, Grand Bahama Island