“Yet again a good holiday.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Bay at Lucaya

Save Saved
You added Pelican Bay at Lucaya to your Saves list
Pelican Bay at Lucaya
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sea Horse Road at Port Lucaya, Freeport, Grand Bahama Island   |
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Freeport
Cardiff. South Wales
“Yet again a good holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is my fourth holiday in Grand Bahama and every time I have stayed at Pelican Bay.
Rooms are spacious, clean and in good order. The staff are fantastic. Friendly and always ready to help in emergencies. Overall I rate it the best hotel on the island.

Room Tip: Waterside rooms have great views of the canals.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PelicanBayHotel, Operations Manager at Pelican Bay at Lucaya, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear funbunny1,

We are happy that you had a wonderful experience with us again and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with a review, it is truly appreciated.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We checked in here after terrible treatment across the road at the Grand Lucayan. We still had two nights to stay there but I couldn't take another minute.
So, we were pleasantly surprised by the staff at Pelican Bay. They were great and understood our situation. Evidently, many leave the Grand Lucayan especially when the A/C breaks.
The staff worked with us and even up-graded us to a suite which was spacious, clean and decorated nicely in an islands theme.
It was very relaxing there and we needed it after the other hotel ruined that part of our vacation.
The atmosphere is relaxed, beautiful and we enjoyed the pools. The restaurant/ bar is great. I liked their food and it was at a reasonable price. Probably he nicest one we ate at and the service was fast, not like many other places.
I recommend this to all. You won't be disappointed.

Dear Douglas P,

We are happy that we were able to save your vacation from being ruined. We strive to ensure happiness guaranteed for all of our guests as we truly appreciate the journey you not only make to our destination but to our hotels. Although I am not an employee of Grand Lucayan I apologize on their behalf for the inconvenience they caused, especially having to relocate.

We thank you for your feedback and we thank you for staying with us. Should you decide to return to Grand Bahama in the future don't hesistate to book with us.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is better than the famous radisson if you love quiet but the rooms are not luxurious. They are big but clean. Front desk staff is friendly but not above and beyond friedly. It's a good value

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms are pool view, but the rooms facing the bar has a little pond view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Magnetlife,

It is unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations; however good or bad we appreciate your review. We take all reviews very serious and use it as tool to continue to work on improvements.

All the best

Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My trip was organised staying at Pelican Bay. When I arrived it was breathtaking. I ws treated with the a friendly staff. On entering the suite I was taken back, because of the spacious room and the comfortable bed. Suite 137 was just perfect. What was so amazing the muffin and fruit everymornig. What I like the bedroom was that I did not even know it was morning, with darken curtains. This is my hotel every time I visit Freeport. By the way, Freeport was fun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bahamas1960,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Sounds like you thoroughly had a wonderful experience in our stateroom.

We are really thankful for your review and we appreciate the time you took to give us feedback.

Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pelican Bay is a nice hotel with very service minded front desk staff. But please always avoid hotels who charge a fortune extra for internet access. Pelican Bay charges 12 dollars pr day pr device. So if you are a couple with 2 phones, an IPad and a laptop your looking at an extra charge on your room of 25%. Always book hotels with free internet !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay was awesome! I was greeted by Kearah Laing who attentive to my needs and concerns. She went above and beyond in customer service and customer satisfaction. My suite was amazing! Very clean and came was everything we needed. Salario Cooper was very helpful and i really enjoyed his humorous personality. Even though i was told by the cruise line that there was nothing to do on the property, there is the Sabor bar and restaurant located on the property. The staff was very friendly. The bartender Harvey made and named a drink after me "Nisha's sneak up". It was awesome! A must try!! I love this hotel and i will be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband organized our trip to Lucaya which included staying at Pelican Bay. My jaw just dropped when we pulled up out front. I couldn't believe that we were staying at this beautiful hotel. I loved all of the tropical colors along with the fantastic landscaping that included beautiful flowering plants. The staff at the front desk were great. They recommended things to do and places to see that we may have missed out on had they not told us. Our room was very clean, spacious and just simply perfect! We loved our poolside time which was right by the fantastic Sabor restaurant. Their drinks and mouth watering food was incredible right along with the staff. The lobby at Pelican Bay provided treats each day ranging from sunmade tea to wine and sandwiches. My husband was inquiring with the lobby staff about a library or book store in the area because he was in need of another book to read. This wonderful gal borrowed him the book she was reading! Now that's above and beyond :) We won't have to hunt around for another place to stay on our next trip to Lucaya because for us there's no other place to stay. Thank you Pelican Bay!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad place. I believe they have 190 some rooms to choose from.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Bay at Lucaya? Share your experiences!