“Absolutely Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Freeport B&B and Inns
Pennsville, New Jersey
“Absolutely Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went here to do some snorkeling and have lunch. It is an absolutely beautiful place. There are no crowds which makes it even better. Snorkeling was amazing. The water is so clear and the beach is beautiful. Along the reef we saw stingrays, sea turtles, tons of fish, coral, etc. It is also very reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is what the Bahamas is all about! This is a private beach where your not overcrowded and you feel like you have it to yourself. I snorkeled and admit it was a good distance to the deeper water but on the way to the big reef in case you don't make it I did get the pleasure to enjoy some fish though not as many but once there lots of reef fish,stingrays and bonefish. They have everything here that you need for a great day at the beach kayaks, snorkle gear, beach chairs, umbrellas, restrooms, lockers, food, drinks and a little gift shop. The ride to paradise cove really lets you see where the Bahamians live and work the biggest settlement area is called 8 Mile Rock. The food is good the drinks cold and the views to die for I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I visited Paradise Cove in April during our cruise on the Norwegian Sky. After reading so many great reviews, I booked a day excursion directly through their website with Barry, who was really helpful and emailed me answers to all of my questions. Everything was effortless and wonderful! Mr. Nathan was waiting for us as soon as we disembarked our ship, and he drove us directly to the resort where we spent a relaxing, fun-filled day. They offer several shuttles to and from the ships. I'd recommend taking the early shuttle to the resort because there aren't that many people there early in the day. We stayed until the last shuttle back at 4 or 4:30, I think. We snorkeled for hours and saw tons of tropical fish and an eel. Deadman's Reef was full of wildlife and beautiful! Keep in mind, however, that the water can be a bit rocky. I got a little seasick after awhile and had to take a break. Paradise Cove has everything you need for a great day of snorkeling and relaxing - bathrooms, delicious food and drinks, lockers, outdoor showers, plenty of shade, beach chairs, fun activities, a little shop with souvenirs and t-shirts, etc. I would highly recommend this as a day trip if you are going on a cruise! You've got to try to conch fritters!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We visited Paradise Cove/Dead Man's Reef while in Freeport during a cruise and were quite excited to snorkel.

I might have had unrealistic expectations of the snorkeling quality because of the great reviews. I suppose it just wasn't a great day, because we didn't really see anything spectacular during the three hours we were in the water. I wouldn't let our mediocre experience derail your plans though, since we seem to be in the minority.

The food was pretty reasonably priced, and the hot dogs and conch fritters were quite tasty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Paradise Cove/Deadman's Reef is a great place to snorkel as long as you know what to expect. This beach is really a snorkel only beach. It's extremely rocky meaning there are more rocks on this beach than a little bit. There is not a good area to walk out into the water as it is ALL rocks. The only way to enjoy this beach is to snorkel because it is too shallow to swim and too rocky. If its low tide you will have to walk over these slippery rocks to get out to any water to be able to swim. Once you get over the rocks, though, the swimming is great, but like I said I would snorkel because there is just way to much sea life going on not to. Plus, I like to see sharks, rays and barracuda coming rather than swimming along and not seeing what's around you. It's quite a swim out to the reef before you can even begin to snorkel, but they offer a $5 boat ride to the reef which I recommend. The first time we went we didn't notice the sign for the boat ride until after we tried to swim out to the reef. While swimming out I noticed many jellyfish, which are beautiful to see, but also a little scary. About halfway through the swim I begin to itch severly on my neck and it immediately began to turn red. I had to swim back to the beach and the employees said I had been stung by a jellyfish and they gave me vinegar with a cotton swab to put on it. I ended up being ok with an itchy neck for a week, but the employees said that it was jellyfish season (July/Aug). So be careful and aware. The employees here are great considering service on the island generally sucks. Also worth mentioning is that after having lived on this island for over a year, I would not ever rent snorkel gear from anyplace. Bring your own gear or at least the mouthpiece because, believe me, they are NOT cleaning the gear between users. If you've ever been here then you know the culture of laziness that exists here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We booked our trip separate from carnival. Saving 50% off their price. Was very pleased! Mr. Nathan picked us up at the port and drove us giving a great history tour. Elvis and the other guides were awesome and helpful. The sites were breathtaking! The reef is beautiful. My first time to snorkel was a great experience! I have and will continue to recommend this family friendly outing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Milano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

For our holidays last December we've booked one of the two Paradise Cove villas for 5 days .The villa is lovely and clean. You have 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 livingroom with TV, 1 kitchenette with all you need for meal preparation and 1 beautiful veranda where you can admire spectacular sunsets. There’s not Internet connection. The beach is secluded, peaceful and beautiful and the owner gives you 2 beach chairs for free. The family that owns it is so helpful and customer oriented. They even give you a quick info session that tells you where you can go while snorkeling. They even have equipment for snorkeling and kayaks to rent. Everything you need for a fun day at the beach. The Red Bar has good food and fairly priced. Conch fritters, cracked conch and grouper fingers were excellent as were the many types of Bahamian beer to try. The bar closes at sunset when the tour groups of cruises leave. In December this happens at 5 p.m. so you can't dine at Red Bar. If you want to dine every evening the restaurant then the drive to Lucaya, where are most restaurants, It’s a bit of a drive from town.
Because we've spent so much time on Grand Bahama, we rent a car and drive ourselves around. I highly recommend exploring Grand Bahama on your own as there is a lot more to the island that the resorts. The best beaches are Taino Beach, Fortuna Beach and her beautiful bar and Gold Rock Beach. Overall, great experience and I highly recommend this beautiful paradise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Paradise Cove Beach Resort? Share your experiences!