“Good Greek food in paradise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 99 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good Greek food in paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The gyro meat was some of the best I have had. The combination Greek platter was very good as well. I have been there a few times and everything seems to be really well-prepared. The conch chowder is good but the bread they have is amazing. I don't know if it is the butter from New Zealand but it has an exceptional flavor that you don't get from bread and butter in the states.

Visited April 2013

St. Louis, MO
“Not just Greek food....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We ate at Zorba's three times during our 5 day stay in Freeport. We were looking for a restaurant that had a variety of food and Zorba's was a great hit! We had the grouper fingers, chicken parm and turkey club. These were all fabulous and were ordered a couple times. The prices were VERY reasonable and the atmosphere on the front porch was nice. The speed of service and food was very quick. Go and enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Greek!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Okay, sure...you ask, "Why eat Greek when all this great seafood is here???" All I can say is that we had been on the island for several days, eating lots of seafood, but finally this place just called our names!

We both had the gyros plate....which was piled with tender chunks of gyros meat, fries and all the trimmings. I had even had a Mythos beer with mine......ahhhhhhh......Greek heaven!

Service was great! Prices were reasonable. Food was perfectly Greek. Opa!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida City, Florida
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was ok, not great. Napkins were like eating at a McDonalds, bathrooms not real clean, no toilet paper, I usually fuss, just wanted to leave, had high ratings, not sure why......

Visited April 2013
Washington, DC
“Disappointing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family had dinner here one of the nights we stayed at the Grand Lucayan Resort. I'm very familiar with Greek food and have enjoyed it many places; however, Zorba's was not among my better experiences.

During our visit, the soup of the day was "Minestrone." After ordering the conch chowder, I had to double-check with the waitstaff that I received the correct soup because it tasted like Minestrone. I suspect that the chef may have taken short-cuts and mixed the Minestrone base with conch and called it "conch chowder;" or perhaps, there was some spillage between the soups? Either way, it was the most disappointing and off-base conch chowder I had on the island.

My disappointment continued with an unimpressive Greek salad and Gyro Platter. Although the dishes were executed adequately, they were quite pedestrian and ordinary. There was absolutely nothing notable (freshness of ingredients or sauces, presentation) that would have distinguished these dishes from any other fast-food Greek restaurant anywhere in the world. The slow and distant service and constant pestering from pigeons did not enhance the dining atmosphere either.

• Visited April 2013