We stayed at The Reef Atlantis the week after Labor Day.
Arrangements need to be made in advance if you want a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, otherwise you can take a cab.
We ordered breakfast food and lunch food that we could eat in the room or on the beach from Foodstore2go. That was a great tip, and saved us a lot of money. We ordered what we wanted the day before we arrived and our order was there at the appointed time, just as we had requested. The apples, bread and milk were all fresh. A case of water was the perfect amount for the 5 night stay.
As for the duty free shopping, I saw no bargins. I was in the market for a camera and had done my homework before I left home knowing the prices and model cameras that I was interested in purchasing. They were the same price and higher than what I could buy at home. The same thing for perfume and purses. We went to John Bulls, it was a very big dissapointment.
The room was nice and spacious, with a large beautiful bathroom. It also had stove top, microwave and dishwasher and all the furnishing such as dishes and utinsels .It also has free washer and driers at your disposal. (So you can bring 1/2 the clothing)
The staff was polite and accomidating. We had a couple of problems in the room and they were quickly addressed.
I only have a few of complaints. We didn't have bath rugs on more than one occasion or have our soaps, shampoo etc resplinshed daily. There is no WiFi at the Reef, you have to go to The Cove next door and make sure to go before 4pm. Lastly, it is highly reccomend that you leave nothing of value unattended on the beach.
We had a very enjoyable trip and I would return to The Reef Atlantis. You have access to all of the Atlantis properties and a quieter condo like atmospher to come back to, when you are ready to wind down and relax .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios and one- and two-bedroom suites offering all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Starbucks lounge and are closest to Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, BookIt.com, HotelsClick, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island