We stayed here during "Spring Break" and during Easter Week. When we checked in, Anthony at the front desk was less than helpful and stayed on the phone for 15 mins while I waited for the status of our room. however, after that, everything was uphill. Our family of 5 LOVED the Reef.
We stayed in an Ocean View suite with a king bed, pull out couch for our 7 and 8 year old and a crib for our 3 year old. The view was amazing (and were only on the 4th floor). We had plenty of room. Our room was cleaned daily and perfectly.
We took advantage of the in room fridge, microwave, dishes, etc.. and ordered from foodstore 2 go. I highly recommend this route. We got breakfast and lunch foods and ate most of these meals in the room. It saved us a lot of time and money and was just easier than lugging kids around the resort to restaurants. The room even had a mini dishwasher and plenty of room for food storage.
At night, we went to the Marina Village - Johnny Rockets, Murray's Deli and Marina Pizza. We enjoyed all 3 places, as did our kids. One night we took a cab ($20 each way) to the Fish Fry and ate at a local restaurant, which was also delicious.
You do have to get your 'spot' at the pools around the resort early in the morning. This was not a big deal for us, as our kids were up early. We set up at different pools every morning to experience different areas of the resort. We found the water park area a little confusing to get around, but the resort in general is quite easy to maneuver. We were able to walk most everywhere with our kids. We didn't bring a stroller and we didn't need the shuttle, except to go to the Marina Village. It was never more than a 10 minute wait for the shuttle.
Yes, Atlantis is expensive but no more expensive than a beachfront resort property on the East Coast. And yes, you do have to wait in line for Starbucks, towels and water slides - however, it is what I expected during a week when the resort is as full capacity.
We had a wonderful time. There is much to do and no way to ever be 'bored' around Atlantis. We were very glad we spent the extra $ to stay at the Reef. It was much quieter and more family oriented and way less crowded than the Royal Towers area. We will definitely go back!
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis
- Reef Atlantis Hotel
- The Reef Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios and one- and two-bedroom suites offering all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Starbucks lounge and are closest to Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.