We stayed at the reef for a week up to the 30th March, we had a great trip, but most of that was because we left Atlantis and experienced the Bahamas not just Atlantis!
There is so much to do and see around the islands that you don't need to stay at Atlantis, but if I didn't stay there and had to pay the $130 per adult entry I would have felt extremely ripped off! That said we feel as though we got our money's worth from staying there, loved the pools, beach and the waterslides our children were able to get on, as they were too short!
1 suggestion to anybody who goes, pay the $20 taxi fee and get off the island... Its so worth it and there is so much to do and see in Nassau that you don't need to stay at Atlantis the whole time! We had most of our lunches out, went to the pools in the morning and then went for lunch and back for the afternoon, got the kids out of the hot sun during the heat of the day, saw the sites and had beautiful food at amazing places for 1/4 of the price!
The security was an issue but you should expect there to be security when the president of the USA's daughters are staying at the same hotel, not a big concern though!!
Had a fantastic boat charter with Hunters caught 11 fish and had a blast, best day out on fishing charter ever, well worth the money!
The rooms are clean, they didn't seem to clean the balcony whilst we were there but that is ok. Everything else was cleaned and made up beautifully by housekeeping, not matter what day!
I liked that we had private pools and beaches to use, have to get up early to get a good spot by the pool, no idea where these people are all day but they put their towels down at sparrows so they could use it!!
The line to get a coffee at starbucks was really annoying, no mater what time of day or night it was, always a massive line but that is the only coffee shop in the whole centre so can understand it! And Atlantis was packed due to Spring Break!
Don't book the transport with Atlantis use a taxi it ends up being about $30 for 4 people each way and you don't have to wait for anybody etc.
I think in December 2014 when the new resort opens Atlantis will not be anywhere near as busy! And the prices will come down! As $7 for a beer is a little steep!!
But overall we had a blast, loved the Bahamas and very happy with our stay there!
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis
- Reef Atlantis Hotel
- The Reef Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios and one- and two-bedroom suites offering all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Starbucks lounge and are closest to Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.