We were disappointed that we did not have two queen beds for two adults and two kids, but just one bed and a pullout sofa. The room was clean and a decent size, but one lamp was broken, the frosted glass window between the bathroom and bedroom didn't shut, and the TV didn't work. The security check to just get on the elevator was surprising.
The location and views from the Reef, though, were very good. We were in the quieter part of the resort with the Cascade pool and beach just below. We took the shuttle most of the time when we wanted to go to the other side of the resort where the Beach and Royal Towers are, but it is a nice walk. There is a Starbucks in the lobby, and a few very good restaurants in the Cove next door. But beware! The meal plan only covers a la carte dinners at many places, NOT the buffet -- a mistake we were not made aware of that cost us $200 on top of the meal plan dinner we had already paid for.
From our balcony, we could see cruise ships steaming by, and swimmers in the pool. We could also watch guests busily claiming their beach and pool chairs with towels and clothes as early as 7:00. By 8:30, most of them were taken!
Overall, the rooms and meals were quite pricey, and if you want to do the budget version of Atlantis, I suggest staying at the Comfort Suites across the street from the resort and eating breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, and lunch at the poolside grills, which are reasonable. You can get dinner at the Marina Village at the pizzeria or Johnny Rockets without breaking the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios and one- and two-bedroom suites offering all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Starbucks lounge and are closest to Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Jetsetter, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Reef Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island