I went right after hurricane Sandy hit. It was windy and cold, but that was to be expected. However, we were staying at the Reef for 4 days which was plenty of time to still be able to enjoy the hotel. The hotel did not bother cleaning the pool (sand had gotten to the bottom of it because of the high winds) until the day we were leaving. Also, all of the Atlantis beaches were closed and no one could go into it because they had to make sure that nothing dangerous/sharp was in the water (they were going to send scuba people to inspect). This makes complete sense, however all of the other beaches on Nassau were already open! I don't understand why they delayed this process if their guests only have a limited time there and want to enjoy it. Furthermore, the hotel did not offer any discounts for these inconveniences. We had paid more money to stay at a nicer hotel and have a private beach, and none of the staff seemes to care.
As far as the rooms, they were nice and clean. The only complaint I have is that the water from the faucets would come out as orange or a cloudy white sometimes when you first began to start running it. The room had a nice bathtub and the fridge/mini kitchen were very helpful and we were able to eat breakfast in our room every morning.
The hotel is pretty far from Atlantis' main attractions but there is a shuttle that runs about every 10 minutes and takes you to the other hotels. If you wanted to walk to the Royal Towers, it would probably take you about 10-15 minutes.
We didn't get to see the rooms inside of the Royal Towers, but the lobby was wonderful and we regretted shelling out the extra money for the Reef. It was not worth it. We would have preferred to be in the center of everything and the Royal Towers is where most of the attractions at Atlantis are located.
Overall, it was a good trip but I wish that I would have only stayed at Atlantis for 2 days and stayed at Cable Beach for the rest of the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island