I think price has a lot to do with a review, so I'll say that when we went to The Reef Atlantis for Canadian Thanksgiving it was during a 50% off sale. It was 4 of us me, my wife, and 2 x DD 10 and 12/
We flew Air Canada down direct from T.O., which to my surprise was the cheapest flight available. The cab ride to the resort was OK. The new Baha Mar resort which is opening at the end of the new expressway from the airport will certainly give Atlantis some competition.
The Reef Atlantis being fairly new was a great hotel. Bose soundsystem, full kitchenette, huge bathroom and sleeping area. We took others advice and ordered some food from foodstore2go.com. We checked in at 2 and set up a 3:00 food delivery, but it was there waiting for us which was nice. You can really save some money by using the kitchen for breakfast and lunch. My wife also enjoyed the Starbucks that is located in The Reef.
We had the kids so our days were spent in the amazing water park, but it was nice to be able to come back to the private beach and pools The Reef and The Cove share. When you walk through the lobby from the crazy noisy waterpark side, to the calm quiet private side it is really relaxing, and worth the couple of bucks extra that The Reef costs. The lounge chairs have nice cushions and suncovers. As well when we were there it was red flags on the beach for the other hotels, but the private cove for The Reef was calm.
There is a free shuttle between the different Atlantis hotels so either do that or walk over if you want to go for meals in the Marina area, or just across the street from Coral Towers. The girls enjoyed the dolphin interaction, and the lazy river. My wife and I have booked a return trip in May for the two of us, so I guess that's the best measure of how we enjoyed The Reef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios and one- and two-bedroom suites offering all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis, Starbucks lounge and are closest to Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island