We stay at the Reef Atlantist from Saturday to Saturday in June 2012. Atlantis is composed of five main buildings, The Royal, The Cove, The Towers(beach and coral) and The Reef. Each building is built with luxury in mind. The Towers were the first to be built, therefore its less expensive. Inside the Royal you will find most of the Atlantis aquarium. In the Cove you will find the area to swim with dolphin. The Reef and Cove are next to each other. The Cove is more for couples, the reef is more for families. The most beautiful beach is located along the area of the towers(beach and coral) but the serenity and silence is at the reef and cove. Only guests of the reef and cove are able to walk in an out and use the services of the other buildings, guest from the royal and the towers are not permitted at the reef or cove. Each day you must get a bracelet at the beach house which identify each guest of where they are staying. Without the bracelet you will not be allow in the buildings. As the reef guest we had unlimited access to the water park, the aquarium, the shuttle(which takes you to all the Atlatis location), and all the beaches along paradise island. Food and Drinks were not included in our package, of course you can purchase a meal and beverage package separate,but we though it was very expensive since we were traveling with our three young children. Bahamas is very expensive, what we did and that save us a lot money was that we we went to the main city and we purchase our own drinks, (coke,water, milk and snacks). We also booked a ocean view studio room which had a microwave, two burner stove, fridge, dish washer, sink. With this in mind I was able to prepare quick breakfast(oatmeal). (12 pack water Cost $12 at the supermarket). We dine outside of the hotel, specially the Marina. Atlantis has a Marina where you will find fine stores and fast food restaurant, such as Johny Rockets, Quiznos, Pizzeria, Ben and Jerrys, and other stores. For two adult and three children we spent $65 at Johny Rockets, which I though it was decent compare two other restaurants, we also spent $30 at the pizzeria for a whole pie and wings, Ben&Jerry $20 for two shakes and ice cream. Eating inside the hotel can get expensive specially if you have children. So consider your options. Of course outside of paradise island is less expensive for food, but of course you must cross a bridge to get over. You can catch a taxi or the water ferry. Taxi for us five was $20 and ferry $18 one way. I strongly recommend eating at the two cousins restaurant. Authentic bahamian food and you can find the best daiquiris here. We spent $45 for the five of us. Even though Atlantis stay was a bit pricy, It was worth it, because most of the tours at Bahamas is to come to Atlantis (to the water park, aquarium) which cost $120 per person. If you have children it will paid to stay at Atlantis. People are very helpful and coursteous. We really enjoy our quality time we had as a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island