Our family of 4 (with kids age 4 and 11) stayed at the Reef during the week of Dec 14, 2012. We have booked a Harborview Studio via the Atlantis website, but at check-in, the staff did not mind letting us take a look at the one-bedroom and another Oceanview room, and we decided to upgrade to a Harborview one-bedroom. Despite about 30% more expensive, I think this is a good choice for us, because with a 4-year old, we did return to the room quite frequently for breaks. We also did not have to sit on our beds to have breakfast.
Adjustment to the resort pricing needed some time, for us it was two days. We did pop our eyes when the first Nobu bill came out to be ~$280 for four, but after that, it was not as bad when we dined at the Dune and Mesa Grill. Afterall, we are also paying for the convenience of having dolphins, great beaches, fine dining, one-of-a-kind aquariums and awesome waterpark all within the same resort. It's also a plus that the Reef/Cove portion of the resort feels very safe. Compared to other sun destinations such as Mexico, the locals all speak fluent English.
Within the resort, my 4-year old had fun in three different zero entry pools, while my 11-year old could not get enough of the water slides. Typically we first got our wrist bands at the Reef (less lineup), then dropped off our bag with snacks and drinks at the Cove pool, and then got onto the Current to assess the water park or other pools or beaches. In our opinion this is neat and way more interesting than taking the rundown shuttles between towers.
Other than water activities, my 11-year old tried the $30 kids manicure and I tried the $70 25-minute massage at the upscale Mandara Spa, which was a good experience. We also ventured to the One and Only Ocean Club via the hotel shuttle, where Casino Royale was filmed. One afternoon, we had delicious grilled conch and grilled grouper at Twin Brothers in Potters Cay.
Note that equipment rental for tennis is $20 (add court rental of about $20) and for golf is $70. Try to bring your own snorkeling equipment as the beach waters are very clear. We could see fishes at the Reef beach.
Overall, we were pleased with the quality of our room and the friendliness of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Paradise Beach, guests of The Reef Atlantis enjoy miles of white sand and ocean in their backyard with all the wonder and excitement of Atlantis on their front doorstep. The Reef features studios, one and two bedroom suites that offer all the conveniences of home with a full kitchen or kitchen area complete with linens, cookware, table settings, refrigerator and private balconies with water views. Guests of The Reef enjoy a semi-private pool, shared only with The Cove Atlantis and a Starbucks lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Reef Atlantis Paradise Island
- The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island