“Wonderful resort, you won't be dissapointed.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Resort Credit!
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful resort, you won't be dissapointed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed her for a week with my husband in early Feb. 2013. Hotel is about 30 minutes from airport, transportation was part of our package from delta vacations. We reserved a terrace view room Coral tower. Upon check in asked for quiet room, away from elevator. Were given room 2-301 on main floor right by elevator by hall to library. Wasn't happy about location, but decided to look at room, room was small, and had triangle shaped balcony that had what looked like peeling paint all over it. Looked terrible. Went back to front desk and complained and asked for a different room away from elevator, and without peeling paint. Were given room 4-239 in the Lagoon wing. This room was way better, much larger, had sofa that first room didn't have, large balcony with 4 chairs and tables, and view of Royal tower, lagoon, and ocean in the distance. Room was end of hall, and very quiet, would take this room again if went back. No complaints about room, was nice. Gilchrist and soames toiletries in bathroom, and bathroom was decent size. Only issue we had was the towel shortage. Every day our room was cleaned did not get the correct amount of towels back. Missing mostly bath mat, or hand towel or wash clothes. Called every day to get towels, and they brought them up very quickly, but twice were not given wash clothes and were told they were in the laundry. Not sure why a hotel of this size does not have enough towels, and resort did not seem overly crowded. I wish they would have left the towels we had if not going to replace, and sometimes they took clean towels and left no replacement. Other than this no issues, and staff were all wonderful, and seemed happy. One day was sitting out on balcony and my flip flop fell off, called and they sent someone to retrieve, it had fallen onto balcony below. They had shoe returned to me within 20 minutes, was impressed. As for food did not get meal plan, and was glad we didn't. On our first day walked to small grocery store by dunkin donuts, 5 minute walk, and bought 24 bottles of water for $20, was a great deal, and brought this with us to pools and beach. Only drinks we bought were cocktails-frozen drinks for $10, but were really good, and plenty of alcohol. For breakfast ate snacks we brought or walked to dunkin donuts, they have some good breakfast sandwhiches. For lunch had value meals by pools, a good deal. Make sure you try the Goombay punch, it is really good fruit punch. For dinner mostly ate at Marina village had Johnny Rockets, Murray's, Bimini Road, and pizza place. Pizza is a good deal, $6 for huge slice, and $5 for 2 big chesse breads. Did have Marketplace buffet one night, and was expensive, but very good, especially the salad bar, and desserts. Didn't really spend much on food. Casino was nice, won small amounts, we didn't really find it smoky, not as bad as casinos we usually visit. The pools and waterslides are fun, always found a chair, or tube, and never waited for slide for more than 5 minutes. They were cruise ship passengers there, but still was not crowded at all. If you want to rent a locker for valuables or anything else they are $7 for the day, and are very big lockers. Atlantis beach is nice, but lots of vendors trying to sell you things. The cove beach is a longer walk, maybe 10-15 minutes, but quieter, and no vendors. Would stay at Coral towers again, was centrally located, 15 minute walk get you anywhere on property, and many ways of getting to places so always seeeing new scenery. Not really impressed with shops, mostly high end stores, but did buy some Atlantis logo items, and the salt water taffy they sell is delicious. It is beautiful here, and love all of the fish, turtles, sharks, etc. No suprises when we cheked out, bill was correct, and they only thing we had to pay was for our food, as our package covered hotel. Would love to go back, and would stay in Coral towers again, hopefully same room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We went to Atlantis just before Christmas. The hotel rooms were very nice and quite large for a resort such as Atlantis. The staff were very friendly and helpful except for one area which I'll get to soon. The lobby could be a bit bigger as there were too many people and it was considered pre-rush for Christmas.

Atlantis itself as a waterpark was great the first 2 days. But then on December 24th they let in a whole bunch of cruise ships besides the resort getting busy so that by 10 am the wait was an hour on any ride. Perhaps they should not allow cruises at high traffic times.

Service; everyone was great except the bell captain area. I did not get my bag from air bahamas (PS don't check bags at Air Bahamas during busy time, as they allow people to bring up to 5 bags, so the residents do all their Christmas shopping in Florida bumping a whole bunch of other clients) for 12 hours and I asked for help. They kept on saying they would help. Finally they told me by midnight it would be delivered. The next morning my bag had stil not arrived and the lady (bell captain)kept shaking her head like I would get it eventually. Finally around noon I found out that air bahamas couldn't find my bag. It was right about that time that I met Felicia at guest services at the main water park. She told me she would see what she could do. Low and behold 20 minutes later they found my bag at another Atlantis Hotel. I can't believe that the bell captain at the hotel couldn't figure that out herself.

I also want to mention thank you to Rawver for helping us out.

Finally, billing. Its a good thing I read someone else's review. You have to keep on checking your bill everyday, cause they keep on getting charges wrong. We were on meal plans, which I highly recommend. Even when we got home I was overcharged. I called once but they sent me to another department that was closed. I will eventually handle it, but a resort this size should know better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Never, I repeat, NEVER, accept a room at the Atlantis at ANY of the "outlying Towers"
-Service stinks
-views stink
-elevators stink
-attitudes of Front Desk stink
-Prices stink
The ONLY guarantee is that you will NOT enjoy the stay, and that you will get treated I would never treat someone who pays my salary and patronizes my establishment.
I will NEVER return to the Atlantis.
I would NEVER recommend this hotel.
I would avoid staying at The Atlantis at ALL costs.
The Atlantis is an over-rated, over-priced, over-hyped DUMP.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Awful experience. Captain's log, Stardate- 02.2013. I took my minor age son on his first trip out of the US. Upon arriving at the resort and walking to our room, another guest in a room below was smoking marijuana on his patio. Super. We had to walk back and ask for another room. I understand completely that Atlantis cannot control the behavior of its guests, but something more should have been done. The desk staff was accomodating, however, when I called Stuart Bowe, Sr.VP & General Manager of Coral Towers three times to discuss the matter, I never heard back from him. Someone from the hotel called and explained that they would "investigate". Yeah. Sure. Roll through that recorded camera footage stat! Most of the staff varied from average to incredibly rude aside from a few wonderful employees. Oh, and hey!! Mrs. Majestic-shuttle-arranger-meany-pants lady, I wish you plenty of karma! Also, please be sure to check the inflation of the innertubes for safety prior to riding the water slides. I normally never complain and am very open minded and accepting of others, but not when it comes to to my young son accompanying this single mom and our overall experience of Atlantis sucking worse than the sound Plato must have made when Patrick Duffy donned those yellow swim trunks. Next stop, YouTube. P.S. Funjet isn't so much fun.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

my wife and i just returned from atlantis and had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nice similar to other carribean hotels the grounds were immaculate and the staff very friendly , and yes the food was a little expensive. The weather was beautiful and the staff amazing i dont see the need to spend double the price to stay in the cove. The coral towers were centrally located in the middle of everything, as far as the casino too smokey and not vegas black jack rules so skip it.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just returned from a 4 nite,3day trip to Atlantis Feb.10-14 my husband, myself and a 4 yr old. I read and studied so many reviews before going and I'm gad I did because you know what to expect. We loved it, we booked Beach towers because we wanted to save money and spend it on food, **shopping** & activities. We ended up in the Coral Tower (upgrade) Lagoon wing and it was fine. Coral towers are abit dated like I had read, but clean,comfortable and quiet. After seeing the beach towers, I would have been just as happy there, It's just that beach towers are located on the opposite end of the aqua adventure park, so it's a hike -make sure you bring ur stroller and pack ur bag for the day. The walk over is gorgeous along the beach or tempting inside by all the shops. The aqua adventure park is nice and fun but not for a 4yr old, besides all the pools, they have to be 48" taller for the slides and the kids splash pad area was closed, being repaired but she didn't care because the whole resort has so much to offer see and do. We did the river rapids, but it was maybe abit much for a 4 yr old, thank goodness our tubes didn't flip. We didn't buy the meal plan and it was good because it saved us money. Kids eat free, so they deduct it from ur bill b4 checkout. We had breakfast at Sea grapes (huge buffet good selection) Murray's( dinner like but good food and reasonable prices) always had lunch poolside and we had dinner at Virgil's,(more casual it was good, but huge portions u share) Bahamian Club (excellent, more fine dining) and one nite off site at Anthony's (ok,casual) its beside Dunkin Donuts, literally 5 min walk down the hill. I would suggest to eat on site, but a cab driver suggested it to my husband. Mariana's Village was where we went at night, love it there, reminds me of downtown Disney water front. We just walked around each nite and had a treat, looked in the shops and awed in amazement at the multimillion dollar yachts. Now for the shopping downtown take the water taxi over 8 person round trip, we loved the brand name shopping! It's busy down there but worth it, my husband got an amazing deal on a watch and I bought and very nice pair of shoes. We opted to splurge because we chose to save on the room costs. Overall, we loved Atlantis and we will for sure return. It's a great family oriented resort with so much to see and do, staff is cordial and helpful. You wouldn't call it the resort luxurious , the grounds and amenities show their age and but staff are very attentive and helpful throughout the resort.

Room Tip: Coral and Beach towers higher floors! Good value and family oriented with lots to do and see!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I go to Atlantis every year for business. It's always clean and lots of things to do! This is an absolute destination! P.S. take your kids they will love it! I can't say enough about the staff they are so kind and courteous. The casino is probably not for amateurs as far as tables go. However, feel free to lose as much as you want. Vegas has much better odds. But who goes the the Caribbean to gamble? Get out and enjoy all that resort has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Atlantis - Coral Towers? Share your experiences!