“Illegal drug use. By the end of our stay at Atlantis I was tempted to participate.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantis - Coral Towers

$50 Resort Credit!
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Awful experience. Captain's log, Stardate- 02.2013. I took my minor age son on his first trip out of the US. Upon arriving at the resort and walking to our room, another guest in a room below was smoking marijuana on his patio. Super. We had to walk back and ask for another room. I understand completely that Atlantis cannot control the behavior of its guests, but something more should have been done. The desk staff was accomodating, however, when I called Stuart Bowe, Sr.VP & General Manager of Coral Towers three times to discuss the matter, I never heard back from him. Someone from the hotel called and explained that they would "investigate". Yeah. Sure. Roll through that recorded camera footage stat! Most of the staff varied from average to incredibly rude aside from a few wonderful employees. Oh, and hey!! Mrs. Majestic-shuttle-arranger-meany-pants lady, I wish you plenty of karma! Also, please be sure to check the inflation of the innertubes for safety prior to riding the water slides. I normally never complain and am very open minded and accepting of others, but not when it comes to to my young son accompanying this single mom and our overall experience of Atlantis sucking worse than the sound Plato must have made when Patrick Duffy donned those yellow swim trunks. Next stop, YouTube. P.S. Funjet isn't so much fun.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

my wife and i just returned from atlantis and had a wonderful time. The hotel was very nice similar to other carribean hotels the grounds were immaculate and the staff very friendly , and yes the food was a little expensive. The weather was beautiful and the staff amazing i dont see the need to spend double the price to stay in the cove. The coral towers were centrally located in the middle of everything, as far as the casino too smokey and not vegas black jack rules so skip it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We just returned from a 4 nite,3day trip to Atlantis Feb.10-14 my husband, myself and a 4 yr old. I read and studied so many reviews before going and I'm gad I did because you know what to expect. We loved it, we booked Beach towers because we wanted to save money and spend it on food, **shopping** & activities. We ended up in the Coral Tower (upgrade) Lagoon wing and it was fine. Coral towers are abit dated like I had read, but clean,comfortable and quiet. After seeing the beach towers, I would have been just as happy there, It's just that beach towers are located on the opposite end of the aqua adventure park, so it's a hike -make sure you bring ur stroller and pack ur bag for the day. The walk over is gorgeous along the beach or tempting inside by all the shops. The aqua adventure park is nice and fun but not for a 4yr old, besides all the pools, they have to be 48" taller for the slides and the kids splash pad area was closed, being repaired but she didn't care because the whole resort has so much to offer see and do. We did the river rapids, but it was maybe abit much for a 4 yr old, thank goodness our tubes didn't flip. We didn't buy the meal plan and it was good because it saved us money. Kids eat free, so they deduct it from ur bill b4 checkout. We had breakfast at Sea grapes (huge buffet good selection) Murray's( dinner like but good food and reasonable prices) always had lunch poolside and we had dinner at Virgil's,(more casual it was good, but huge portions u share) Bahamian Club (excellent, more fine dining) and one nite off site at Anthony's (ok,casual) its beside Dunkin Donuts, literally 5 min walk down the hill. I would suggest to eat on site, but a cab driver suggested it to my husband. Mariana's Village was where we went at night, love it there, reminds me of downtown Disney water front. We just walked around each nite and had a treat, looked in the shops and awed in amazement at the multimillion dollar yachts. Now for the shopping downtown take the water taxi over 8 person round trip, we loved the brand name shopping! It's busy down there but worth it, my husband got an amazing deal on a watch and I bought and very nice pair of shoes. We opted to splurge because we chose to save on the room costs. Overall, we loved Atlantis and we will for sure return. It's a great family oriented resort with so much to see and do, staff is cordial and helpful. You wouldn't call it the resort luxurious , the grounds and amenities show their age and but staff are very attentive and helpful throughout the resort.

Room Tip: Coral and Beach towers higher floors! Good value and family oriented with lots to do and see!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I go to Atlantis every year for business. It's always clean and lots of things to do! This is an absolute destination! P.S. take your kids they will love it! I can't say enough about the staff they are so kind and courteous. The casino is probably not for amateurs as far as tables go. However, feel free to lose as much as you want. Vegas has much better odds. But who goes the the Caribbean to gamble? Get out and enjoy all that resort has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013
Gambrills, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the 1st time that I have ever been to a night club and it was really amazing.
The only thing that was bad about CRUSH was that this really nice girl (who worked there) would not let me order any drinks and merchandise from their computers. The dance club played amazing songs and it was pulse pounding. The video games on the Wii were really fun to play.
It was a really fun night at CRUSH.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had initially booked a 3 night stay at the Coral Towers which turned out to be a 4 night stay due to the Eastern Snowstorm which affected our departing travel. We were extremely glad to have avoided the weather back home, and pleased that the concierge staff helped me in every way possible. I could not be more pleased with the service the ladies in that office offered. I think I visited their office three times, and never did they give me any issues. Front Desk was also great. We were given room 7318 (7th floor) and although he Coral Towers is not as new as the others, it offered such a wonderful view of the Royal Towers, ocean and pools and slides. It was great stepping out in the morning and afternoons and admiring the views. The pple in Bahamas are just great in general. I was pleased to have gone and to have spent a great time w/my family.

Our fav pool was the one in between the Coral & Beach Towers because it was so warm and not crowded as the others.

In terms of towels....plenty of towels everywhere. I used the internet service in the Library a few times, the hotel gives each guest 9yrs and older in the room 15 min per day. I ended up ordering the wifi which I paid for towards the end of the trip due to flight cancellations.

We went to Dunkin Donuts basically every morning to have breakfast and use their wifi which they give you 30 mins. The convenient store next door to it has BTC calling cards which I suggest you use at the pay phones, because if you use them from your hotel room there will be a charge of $1.99 per call (yes even w/the calling card).

In terms of dinner I would say Anthony's Grill was our fav. The service was bad in terms of the wait we encountered to just order the food. But when I took my first bite I completely forgot how annoyed I was.

Atlantis grounds in general are clean, we are use to all inclusive hotels so for us it was a bit pricy having to spend each day on our meals.

We took advantage of the dolphin encounter which my son enjoyed. Also took a taxi over to downtown Nassau and visited the stores in town. On our way back we took the ferry which was a nice little ride.

We look forward to our next trip to the Bahamas soon.

Room Tip: Coral towers is in a perfect location, its close to many restaurants, & Marina Village
Eagan, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband, sister and 23 year old nice stayed at the Coral Towers in September. They had a $99 a night special and we thought it was the perfect time to check it out. We actually had booked the Beach Tower which I would have preferred but were not given a choice. Our room was outdated and worn. We looked forward to the Lazy River which was CLOSED! My husband and I continued our stay at the RIU Palace which I would recommend.

Room Tip: Walk across the street for restaurants and purchases.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlantis - Coral Towers? Share your experiences!