“Always a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Always a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I go to Atlantis every year for business. It's always clean and lots of things to do! This is an absolute destination! P.S. take your kids they will love it! I can't say enough about the staff they are so kind and courteous. The casino is probably not for amateurs as far as tables go. However, feel free to lose as much as you want. Vegas has much better odds. But who goes the the Caribbean to gamble? Get out and enjoy all that resort has to offer!

• Stayed February 2013

1,293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Gambrills, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the 1st time that I have ever been to a night club and it was really amazing.
The only thing that was bad about CRUSH was that this really nice girl (who worked there) would not let me order any drinks and merchandise from their computers. The dance club played amazing songs and it was pulse pounding. The video games on the Wii were really fun to play.
It was a really fun night at CRUSH.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had initially booked a 3 night stay at the Coral Towers which turned out to be a 4 night stay due to the Eastern Snowstorm which affected our departing travel. We were extremely glad to have avoided the weather back home, and pleased that the concierge staff helped me in every way possible. I could not be more pleased with the service the ladies in that office offered. I think I visited their office three times, and never did they give me any issues. Front Desk was also great. We were given room 7318 (7th floor) and although he Coral Towers is not as new as the others, it offered such a wonderful view of the Royal Towers, ocean and pools and slides. It was great stepping out in the morning and afternoons and admiring the views. The pple in Bahamas are just great in general. I was pleased to have gone and to have spent a great time w/my family.

Our fav pool was the one in between the Coral & Beach Towers because it was so warm and not crowded as the others.

In terms of towels....plenty of towels everywhere. I used the internet service in the Library a few times, the hotel gives each guest 9yrs and older in the room 15 min per day. I ended up ordering the wifi which I paid for towards the end of the trip due to flight cancellations.

We went to Dunkin Donuts basically every morning to have breakfast and use their wifi which they give you 30 mins. The convenient store next door to it has BTC calling cards which I suggest you use at the pay phones, because if you use them from your hotel room there will be a charge of $1.99 per call (yes even w/the calling card).

In terms of dinner I would say Anthony's Grill was our fav. The service was bad in terms of the wait we encountered to just order the food. But when I took my first bite I completely forgot how annoyed I was.

Atlantis grounds in general are clean, we are use to all inclusive hotels so for us it was a bit pricy having to spend each day on our meals.

We took advantage of the dolphin encounter which my son enjoyed. Also took a taxi over to downtown Nassau and visited the stores in town. On our way back we took the ferry which was a nice little ride.

We look forward to our next trip to the Bahamas soon.

Room Tip: Coral towers is in a perfect location, its close to many restaurants, & Marina Village
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eagan, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband, sister and 23 year old nice stayed at the Coral Towers in September. They had a $99 a night special and we thought it was the perfect time to check it out. We actually had booked the Beach Tower which I would have preferred but were not given a choice. Our room was outdated and worn. We looked forward to the Lazy River which was CLOSED! My husband and I continued our stay at the RIU Palace which I would recommend.

Room Tip: Walk across the street for restaurants and purchases.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We arrived at the Atlantis Coral Towers January 27, 2013. we had purchased a standard room but were upgraded to an ocean view room in the Ocean wing, room 9321. The view was amazing!! we had a perfect view from the beds of the ocean, as well as part of the water park.

We felt that staff at every position were polite and helpful. Everyone had a smile on their face and it felt genuine. They seem really proud of their resort, and their Island.

The grounds were immaculately maintained, there were always plenty of loungers and towels available. We did use the library most days. Chairs were high and uncomfortable , and the roof was solarium style, so it was quite warm upstairs. There was never a wait for the workstations.

We took advantage of the theatre, which the kids loved. There was a concesssion stand, but we brought our own snacks.

Minibar had a sensor and was filled with overpriced drinks, as expected. However there was room for about 6 cans of pop or juice, stacked above theirs, so you would not set of their sensor.

We found the lobby nice. Not as opulent as the Royal Towers, but less bustling, more comfortable and homey. Lounge chairs were comfy.

The room was nice, but the hallways looked like they needed some paint. There a few minor flaws with the room, none worth complaining to staff about, but I will mention them here in case someone is interested. There were stains on the bathroom tile, the ac was not very cold (but adequate), AC turned off automatically when the sliding door opened. The beds were very firm. The picture on the TV was very poor. However, everything else was great and felt very clean.

I would definietly stay at this property again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just came back after our trip to Atlantis. Stayed at the Coral Towers- fourth floor. Would suggest a room above the 6th floor for better views. Things that I would NOT suggest is to buy the dining plan. You are forced to try Buffet-2 restaurants- Market place and Seagrapes or try ala carte. The automatic 15 % gratuity is a rip off in my opinion. There are many restaurants within walking distance where you could save a lot of money. Tried going to the fitness center but was told it ld cost $15/ day to use it. $25 per child per hour baby sitting is preposterous. We have 3 kids. Didn't use any baby sitting but you do the math and come up with numbers. Everything is priced 250 % what it costs here in the US (chips,chocolate,glass of milk,sunscreen etc). Why 4 stars then? I think it is beautifully landscaped and pristine. Very clean and the staff is attentive and helpful. The beaches are beautiful and the water features, slides and rides are fantastic. The rapids, lazy river, slides, the Dig, dolphin cove just to name a few. You need at least 4 days to get a feel of it all. I ld go again but NOT buy the meal plan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Coral Towers higher than the 6 th floor facing Pirate Lagoon.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CAPE CORAL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I were at Atlantis 12 years ago and had a magical. We returned this year and it was larger and even better. Atlantis is really an adults playground and a treat for the eyes and the soul. Be prepared, this is the type of vacation you need a few days to recover from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantis - Coral Towers? Share your experiences!