“Both good and bad but mostly good.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
End of Summer Sale
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
New York City, New York
“Both good and bad but mostly good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went to Atlantis at the end of November/beginning of December to get away from the cold. The price was awesome, $99 rooms so even though they made me get 2 rooms (because I have 3 kids and only 4 to a room), I thought it was a good deal. We declined the transportation since it was $50 a person and sure enough, our cab fare was $42 for the whole family. The resort is beautiful and the main areas are well kept. My older 2 boys loved the waterslides and my oldest did snorkel in the ruins, which really impressed him. He was able to swim with manta rays and all kinds of fish. I think that attraction was worth it since all the fish and sea life are right there in front of you. My little one liked the splashers area which had a jungle gym with sprayers and smaller waterslides. We also did the dolphin shallow interaction which I thought was a waste of money. All we did was touch them and take pictures (which of course they want to sell you and the cheapest package is like, $70!) We did a little dance with them, fed them a fish and then they proceed to splash us again and again. My boys didn't seem to think much of it either, so I regretted not picking the snorkel in the ruins for all of us.
As for the Coral Towers, my room didn't have hot water for 4 days. It was warm but not hot enough for a shower. We showered in our boys' room. We called and they sent repairman after repairman, then finally offered to change our rooms and give us a $50 credit per room which was nice. We did change to a villa in the beach towers, and that was okay but had a mold smell in the bathroom that made us keep the door shut otherwise we couldn't sleep. The bellhop helped my husband move and asked for a tip which my husband was going to give but he didn't like being asked for it.
The food is pricey as a lot of other reviewers stated, but if you're on a budget I suggest asking your cab driver to stop at a supermarket (they will charge you extra) and picking up a few things. Things like ramen and cereal can go a long way. Bimini Road and Anthony's (right outside by the comfort suites are more reasonable, and there's a dunkin donuts by Anthony's. There's also a mini grocery store in that complex if you need water, snacks or milk, etc.) We tried Chopstix and the service was very good but the food was okay. It was spicy and they didn't tell us so the kids couldn't eat it. The poolside eateries are decent at about $10 a burger (no fries). They do charge 15% gratuity on everything as I've seen people mention, so our pizza that was a little over $30 came out to closer to $40. We're from New York, but have never spent so much for a pizza before. And of course it's just okay, nothing special. We ate at the Lagoon outdoor restaurant and it was good and not very expensive too.
We enjoyed the free movies in the theaters and the aquarium, as well as renting an aquacycle. They were nice enough to let us split the hour between all of us so my husband and 2 little ones went for half an hour, then my older son and myself for another half hour. That was more than enough time since there's really nowhere to go and they have the area roped off.
The casino is nice, but people smoke in all the common areas, so be aware if you are sensitive to that. One thing that you should watch out for is minibar charges. We were charged about $100 for each room for the minibar which we did not use at all. I don't know if this is a common thing, but I saw someone next to us complaining about the same thing and read other reviewers complain about the same thing.
On the whole, we thought that the resort was gorgeous and enjoyed ourselves a great deal. We didn't like the resort nickel and diming us for everything. WIFI is usually free at all the hotels we frequent and we couldn't bring ourselves to pay $20 a day for something that we always get for free. 15% Gratuity for a pizza that they couldn't even bring out to me (they told us to come back and get it) seems ridiculous. If I hadn't got such a good price for the room, I would be very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the resort. We preferred the 1st floor that we were on so we didn't have to wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Turkish first
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was simply great. From the Immigration counter at the airport to the taxi drive by Burt, who gave us a quick and thorough introduction to Nassau, to the super friendly staff at the hotel. The friendly nature of all the staff was amazing and this is a destination you should put on your list of places to see.
The hotel is not really that important since you spend most of your time in the pool or in other areas of entertainment.

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Large hotel with lots of amenities, but soooo overpriced. The rooms are almost double the stated rate after you add in their mandatory extraneous charges. Highlights for us were the fitness center, with lots of machines and classes and never too crowded; Stuart's Cove, the scuba diving facility Atlantis uses (see my review of them if you dive); and the comfortable beds. The waterslides were fun, but the lines are long and they still don't justify the exorbitant rates. And the restaurants are so overpriced. Luckily we found Bimini Road, which was inexpensive with an interesting menu. We live in NYC, so we're used to paying a lot for good food, but the prices were so outrageous we stayed away from all the fine dining. And $20/day for internet? Come on! (They do give you 15 minutes/day/person, so we got by with our hour/day, but for the price we should have had unlimited access). This was our second time here and the service was worse this time, so we won't be coming back. If you do stay in Coral Tower, ask for a high floor. We were directly over the entrance and had to keep our windows closed--and they were completely booked so we couldn't switch. I had considered the Comfort Suites based on reading reviews on TA, but decided to be "on site" rather than have to walk to Atlantis. As it turns out, Comfort Suites is right next door (closer than the Beach Tower), so you might want to consider that.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. We were over the entrance and could hear the cars and smell the fumes. The vil...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you are looking for a family oriented getaway that is a few short hours away then Atlantis is the place to go. The resort is lovely and huge. The water park and aquariums are amazing, there is a surprise hidden in every corner. My family stayed in the Coral Tower which happens to have fantastic views of the entire resort including the Royal tower, the water park, the ocean and the sting rays, and the lagoons and pools. Just make sure you are higher than the fifth floor and you ask for an even numbered room, the view is like a postcard picture. Yes it is a little on the expensive side but it was Christmas week in the Caribbean and we paid for warm weather which was worth it. The staff was simply delightful, attentive, cooperative, and fun. The lobby lounge had a great singer each night, there were plenty of great restaurants to choose from, and the casino had all the gaming you could ask for. The rooms were clean and had pleasant decor and comfy pillows, as an avid traveler I thought this room was quite nice and perfect for our needs especially since we spent all day on the beach, in the water parks, or by the pool. I read a few reviews which criticized the room for the price, but I was happy with the room we had and had zero complaints about it. Yes the food was pricey but it was pretty tasty and there are several high end restaurants that are pricey anywhere you go not just in Atlantis. If you are on a tight budget this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking to splurge a bit and have fun in the sun then you will love it here. The only downside was the poor food and service at Chopstix restaurant which is a shame and certainly not reflective of the entire resort.

Room Tip: I recommend taking a taxi cab from the airport to the hotel, it is less money and faster than transf...
Standish, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at Atlantis in mid Dec 2012. I have delayed writing a review as I wanted to let the excitement subside. After waiting I have come to a few realizations:

1. Some people can never be satisfied! Our room was on the 3rd floor but that is what I paid for (Terrace) so it was no surprise. For those people who complain about the view then they are missing out on the resort why sit on the balcony when you can tour the grounds. I would also like to comment on those who complained about service, cleanliness etc... EVERYWHERE and EVERYONE we met were very accommodating and sincerely concerned with our stay. I made a comment about the view and noise from the club to the concierge and was offered another room. I did not take it I was fine with what I had but it showed the level of concern they had with ALL of the guests regardless of the Tower you stayed in. Obviously the people who complained about a dirty room had way too much time on their hands trying to look for something instead of just enjoying what they had. I was very impressed with the size of the resort and how clean everything was. My wife and I even talked about how clean it was.

2. People need to read the terms of the resort. I am rather surprised at all of the negative reviews regarding food prices and the surprises at the 15% add on. It is posted everywhere and if you used Atlantis to book your stay it is spelled out in your confirmation. As for the prices yes they are high but they are comparable to a Disney resort and people do not seemed concerned so why does it bother them at Atlantis?

My wife is very frugal and was concerned with the costs of our trip. My wife actually wanted to stay a few more days, and before we left she was planning a return for next year. This place is absolutely amazing. For those who are looking for a nice, beautiful, relaxing place then this is it. My family enjoyed all the attractions that Atlantis has to offer from the lovely grounds to the incredible Rays in the Ruins. We did the shallow water Dolphin excursion and a sub trip with Stewart Cove’s we have memories that will last a lifetime and that is what a vacation is supposed to be about not looking for dust bunnies or trying to see if people are trying hard enough to kiss your keester.

I am counting down the days until I return and next time will be bringing a sister and brother in law. Thank you Atlantis for providing a vacation that we will remember forever because that is what it is all about.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view don't book a terrace room
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

One thing I'd like to quickly tell people is that getting the one bedroom suite in the Coral Towers is absolutely NOT worth it. The extra space was nice but you're paying a LOT more for simply having 2 regular rooms and an open door in between them. You'd expect some kind of luxury for the price but you receive nothing. Besides that first comment...

The trip itself was great! I traveled with my wife and 6 months old son and friends of ours who also had a young child. The rooms themselves were clean and nice. The service was fantastic at this place, everyone was always very friendly and greeted you with a smile. Anytime there was a problem they went out of their way to fix it for you. We had our tv down for a couple of days and they credited us some money for it. There also were a couple of days without hot water for our showers, that was not so fun. This was their slow season when we went down so a couple of things were bound to not be working. I recommend going down in early December, the place is half empty, no lines for anything but some restaurants. There was a lack of snack areas during the day that are open since it's slow season.

The restaurants are good food but also very expensive. They are not 5 star gourmet restaurants but you will pay those prices, you have to expect to overpay when you're at a resort. The service was fantastic at the very nice restaurants, very accommodating for our little ones. The resort could use a decent sit down breakfast restaurant, Murray's Deli is all they have, we went to Dunkin Donuts too much for breakfast. Don't get the more expensive meal plan, you'll never make it worth it.

The whole resort was a lot of fun and very relaxing. We spent most of our days down by the pool which was not crowded at all, kids had a blast splashing away. We went to the water park which was a lot of fun, great water park for adults and for kids of any age. Looking at all the fish and different species they had at the resort was fun and interesting, the aquarium was great to walk around.

I would definitely recommend this resort for any families looking to get away for a fun and relaxing time. When getting a regular room the price is well worth it.

Room Tip: Go with the regular rooms, they're clean and nice. Don't pay to upgrade your room.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went to Atlantis to attend a gymnastics meet for my 17 year-old daughter Dec. 2012. Around every turn there were new surprises. This is a magical place I feel fortunate we were able to experience.
We received exceptional room prices due to the event. The room was plenty large for the two of us and was very clean and comfortable. We had a beautiful view of the ocean with a small porch to sit on.
Yes, the food and drinks were expensive, but the food was very good quality, the drinks poured with a heavy hand, and we experienced excellent service. We bought the value meal plan ($75pp/day) and it was almost too much food. Virgil's was very good as were the buffets.There are also some home town places to visit just outside the hotel at a very close little plaza if you don't want a plan. Personally, I just did not want to be searching for food during our short stay.
If you are a beach fan, this one is fabulous! Rather narrow, but beautiful sand, water and surf to play in. The end near the Cove allows you to view beautiful sunsets. We arrived during a storm and could only spend one day following the storm on the beach. There was some garbage on the beach at the Cove end. We did not snorkel due to the weather, but there was clear reef off the beach. Scuba is not nearby and would be a half day trip for about $200.
No water park will ever be the same after Atlantis. The rides are so cleverly intertwined with the beautiful landscaping, aquariums, and artwork that you do not know they are even there until you hear the squeals. They are also very exciting, fun rides. Entry and towels provided for hotel guests. Leap of Faith.
We visited the casino, but only played a machine for a bit.I can only say it was very pretty and clean.
The staff was very friendly and the property and buildings beautiful.
Worth the trip.

Room Tip: Coral Tower Beach Wing: Get above the 5th floor to be above the trees and see the ocean.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#3 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,871 reviews
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph ...
#13 of 15 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 stars 2,942 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
#12 of 15 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 stars 3,628 reviews

Been to Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!