I have been to the Atlantis in all it's stages over the past 15 years. It continues to be one of my favorite vacation destinations; and my children's (ages 12 and 14) favorite spot as well. I booked the Beach Towers but due to a minor conflict, we were 'upgraded' to the Coral Towers. I actually like the Beach Tower (quite, relaxed, out of the way and free family bingo with LOTS of prizes!) so I wasn't too happy about being upgraded but I have never stayed at the Coral Tower and it turned out to have some advantages.
Coral Tower needs a face lift. The door to our room stuck on the carpet, so just to enter was a pain because you had to force the door open, not a pleasant first impression to your room and a constant reminder that it was a problem every time we came back to the room. The balcony door got jammed and would not close one night. When I called, they came promptly to fix it but the woman on the phone was not surprised that the slider was stuck, as if it happens all the time. And while they were there fixing the slider, not only did I mention the sticking front door, but the workman obviously noticed it himself when he entered the room and even made a comment about it and yet nothing was done to fix it.
OK, so there were a few minor annoyances with our room. The best part of being in the Coral tower was that my 14 year old was able to go straight down the elevator and walk a short distance to Crush, the teen nightclub. He is not usually an outgoing kid but he ventured to Crush the first night and went back every night after that. Credit to the staff there for making it a very friendly and accepting environment as well as lots of fun!
So, a slight disappointment in the room at the Coral Tower but overall a great experience yet again at the Atlantis!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coral Towers at Atlantis are centrally located and offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Coral Towers is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph Collection Bahamas/Paradise Island