I have wanted to stay at Atlantis for as long as I can remember & finally got the chance in July. Overall the grounds were beautiful & we had a good time. There was plenty of activities to do during the day but we were surprised by the lack of night life during the week. Besides the comedy club, there wasn't much to do except go to the casino. The pools all close by 7 pm. There were no outside beach bars or beach parties in the evening. Finally on Thur & Fri night, there were lounge acts which were entertaining. Not sure why they werent playing all week. We were not impressed with the Aura night club which had been hyped all week. It was tiny, no place to sit unless you reserved a private VIP area, the dance area was small and there was only 1 bar so it was difficult to get a drink & you couldn't bring drinks up from the casino. It struck us as funny that there was more evening entertainment options geared toward teens than adults. We concluded that Atlantis is really more of a family resort.
We stayed in Coral reefs which was clean but nothing too spectacular. Our balcony overlooked the small shark lagoon which was pretty cool. We did the meal plan but aren't sure if it is worth it. We ate at the buffets for breakfast and the other restaraunts at night. Portions were so huge it would have been possible to split 1 meal at several places. Food was okay but nothing special overall. We had gone on a cruise (Oasis of the Seas) the year before so we did find ourselves comparing our experience to that.
All in all, we enjoyed the Bahamas but plan to try out somewhere else our next stay.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Coral Hotel
- Atlantis Coral Resort
- Atlantis - Coral Towers Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coral Towers are centrally located and offer contemporary, relaxed accommodations within a tropically casual atmosphere. Guestrooms have one king or two queen beds with sitting areas and full balconies with water or terrace views. Coral Towers is just steps away from marine exhibits, a seven-acre snorkeling lagoon, BLU Pool, water slides, the Crystal Court Shops, Marina Village, the casino and several casual and gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Venere, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantis - Coral Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.