“If you are saving all year to take a vacation here .... it's NOT for you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cove Atlantis

Offers & Announcements
$450 in Credits
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
Louisville, KY
“If you are saving all year to take a vacation here .... it's NOT for you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I are world travelers. We appreciate feeling like we have gotten a good value for our money no matter what star rating is associated with the facility ..... That being said ..... This is our second visit to The Cove Atlantis and I STILL love it! The people that say that it is expensive are correct. But .... if you are saving all year long to come here ... and are the type of person that has to really budget their money .... the type of person that looks at price tags on everything they buy .... then this probably isn't the place for you. This is a bit of an exclusive resort for people who can throw money away without thinking about it. Now .... I am somewhere in between. I like a good bargain .... I like a luxury vacation .... but my expectations are pretty high. I think that I will be back every year for a long weekend to re-energize in one of the beautiful suites, to lay by the pool and get pampered and to have world class cuisine.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
artcolby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

This is one of the most overpriced, plastic and boring places I've ever been. It's filled with dopes, the casino blows and the staff couldn't care less. For $500 you get what they call a suite but is a room with a bed and sunken living room. There is a deck, which is nice, but we were moved because smoke was blowing into our room (stay away from the 8th floor smoking room) and we got a small deck. The beaches are lame. They charge you for the big rest areas at the pool. The only thing that's free that is pretty cool is the water slides. Otherwise the restaurants are overpriced, the island is no different that florida and atlantis is a big magnet to get money out of your pocket.
Either way, you definately don't get what you pay for here. Go to Jamaica instead.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

We booked our trip because my 8 year old daughter was so excited about seeing Miley Cyrus. Beach, golf and entertainment for the kids...everybody wins! The hotel was great and the Ocean Club Golf Course was outstanding. Three of us went to the concert. It was $225 per ticket...this was on top of the expensive room that we had already booked. The concert was a great intimate setting but I have one complaint. My daughter was thirsty and wanted some water. They would not sell me a bottle of water! They tried to make me buy a $10 wrist band for "all the water you can drink!" All this after $675 worth of concert tickets. I didn't even mind buying a bottle, but why try to nickle and dime me for some water. Very sour note to end what was otherwise a great week.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Detroit, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

We stayed at the Cove for a week starting March 19th. We've been to numerous places in the Carribean, and the Bahamas proved to be an excellent destination. The weather was wonderful, and this time of the year there was no humidity.

Things we liked: wonderful beach for morning walks. Probably the best beach I've seen in years. Trips to town and to the "fish fry" - a local favorite! Shopping at the straw market, Dolphin adventures (across the bridge), and Rose Island tour (It's like you are on a deserted island!)

Things we didn't like: the pretentiousness of some other guests, wait lines for breakfast at Mosaic, expensive room service, internet that worked sporatically, broken lounge chairs around the beach, the huge timeshare that was to the left and constantly in view.

Overall we will enjoyed our trip, and will be back to the Bahamas, but maybe will rent a house to get away from it all.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed at Royal Towers during Spring Break, 7 years ago. It was so crowded that people reserved beach chairs starting at 6am. I was not looking forward to returning to Atlantis and I went with low expectations. This was an incentive trip and I don't know if I would pay the exhorbinant prices of Atlantis.

That being said, " I loved the Cove! " The Cove was great. It was more exclusive and private without the business of Atlantis and the Casino.

The rooms were great. Huge, beautiful, modern bathrooms with (2) bowl sinks, a full size tub, shower and seperate room for commode. Updated Media- 2 flat screen TV's-one for bedroom area, 1 for living room area, The clock radio has an IPOD connection and there was a DVD Player. There is a step down living room and a balcony with a fantastic view of the pool and the ocean!

Housekeeping was great. I loved the turndown service in the evening. They gave us 2 bottles of water each night, put some light music on and put out our robe.

A few issues to be aware of:
We were warned on Trip Advisor about issues with room charges, so we refrained from charging to the room. There is a $150 fee if you don't check out by 11am and they charge you when you pick up an item from the minibar. Check out was easy from the TV screen. They make you sign a waiver when you check in.

The Mosaic was great for breakfast. The not so lazy river was so much fun and very relaxing! The water slides were great! The new Spa was outstanding. There are 36 treatment rooms, you get your choice of massage oil fragrances. The deep tissue massage was wonderful. I would have done it again if I had the time. We really enjoyed the dolphin encounter. They enable you to touch them, give them a command and get your picture taken with them.

You are only a 10-15 minute walk from the main hotel at Atlantis with the amazing aquarium, (the dig), the casino, shark slide...

They have a wonderful transit lounge that you can use the day of arrival or departure. You can use a locker for your carrry-ons, shower, spin dry for your bathing suit...

A great trip. It is very costly, but highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

Great place for couples. Beautiful setting, amazing rooms, good service. The only drawback is how far it is from the rest of the towers and the shuttle service is slow. We had friends at the other towers and it was hard to go back and forth without a long trek.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed at the Atlantis Cove from April 4-11, 2009 - which was spring break. The first few days were not very crowded, but towards the end of the week the resort was packed. We enjoyed our stay at this magnificent property - the rest and relaxation that this place has to offer is incredible with the beautiful clear blue waters, powder like fine, soft sand, and warm waters - a true paradise. We loved the water slides, beaches, pool side music, and activites. We ate delicious meals - our favorite restaurants were Nobu and Mosaic. Of course everything here is extremely expensive - so be prepared to spend some big time money. The service in the Cove where we stayed was above average, but at the other locations throughout the resort some employees were rude and unhelpful. Our room was great, except the mattress was severely sloped on one side and the clock did not work, which we asked three times to replace and they kept bringing broken ones - a disappointment for the amount of money we were spending. Our biggest complaint was my husband getting kicked out of Carmine's for not wearing appropriate dress code attire - which is fine had they told us that when we walked in the door - but we were rudely told this by a Carmine's employee with a big time attitude after we had been there 45 minutes and already ordered our dinner!!!! Another thing to be aware of - we bought the meal plan, but when we called to make reservations all of the restaurants were "full" - we ended showing up there any way to see if there were any cancellations - and wouldn't you know the restaurants were practically empty???? We figured out if you were on the meal plan and called the hotel for reservations, they would deny you because they want the cash paying people - well we found a way around that one! I would not recommend the meal plan- we did not save any money on this. But, if you do, keep your charges separate during the day - charge your lunches and drinks to another credit card so you can keep track of over charges - which we were overcharged by almost $1,000.00 when we checked out because they had charged us for meals even though we were on the meal plan.. When I questioned the front desk clerk on the way out, she had total attitude. I kind of figured out that their system is a little messed up! Overall it was a great vacation - severely expensive - but one of those places you need to go at least ONCE in your lifetime!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Cove Atlantis? Share your experiences!