Staying at the Cove at Atlantis was nice and the accommodations are the quality you would expect. However their room descriptions (and photos) are misleading and the constant push to get another $50, $100, or $1,000 for "add on" and upgrades become very tiresome. We booked a deluxe ocean view suite online with a description that it would be on a lower floor (1-4) but photos showed nice ocean views and a walk out balcony. We were put in a room on the second floor with primarily views of palm trees obstructing most of the ocean view and no balcony. After inquiring about moving each of he first two days (and being told sorry no availability try again tomorrow) on the third day we were again told he same. I explained since we were just doing a long weekend and only staying 4 nights I wasn't going to go through the trouble of moving on our last day as it just wasn't worth packing up a family with kids for one night. After enough pushing about the view and room not being as described the conversation finally escalated to the manager who continued to say "sorry there's nothing we can do unless you want to pay more. Frustrated I asked what did they have I offer and was told well we are very busy (though many have told me October is probably their slowest month) and she offered to put us in a larger suite for a mere $2000 for our remaining 2 nights. Obviously this was an absurd and very frustrating offer! I told her thanks but no thanks. Then at about 11pm that night someone calls and leaves a message with my wife that maybe they can find us a room to move to. My wife kindly replies well thanks or the offer and aside from the imposition of an 11pm call the kids are already in bed asleep and we're not moving at this time or on our last day.
I understand Atlantis is in business to make money but the constantly squeeze for more dollars gets old and calling our room an ocean view suite is a real stretch. There are clearly unsold rooms available which costs them nothing and what we were provided upon arrival just didn't fit the description of what we were sold online.
We are looking forward to the completion of the new Baja Mar resort as an alternate option. Atlantis will soon find themselves faced with becoming a bit more competitive and hopefully customer focused. I'm not sure we will return to Atlantis again.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis
- Cove Atlantis Hotel
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis thrives on the rhythm of the day.While its exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, its spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Cove Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.