Not sure where to start. First of all the good. Location is perfect. The beach on the "Reef" side of The Cove is a "10!!!"... Also, the Cain Pool for adult Cove guest only, is as good as it gets. It reminds one of a Vegas or Miami vibe, unlike the other pool areas entirely. The waterpark is awesome as well. It has some world-class slides surrounded by a very "active" lazy river that takes you to different areas and slides. (Very cleverly engineered.)The other pool areas are large and numerous, with room for families to enjoy. The Golf course at The Ocean Club is a must play while on your stay. It's got a nice layout, well taken care of, with some breathtaking views.. The Bad- the service here is hit or miss. The staff is friendly, but spend most of their day on cell phones. There's no 5 star(over the top, out of the way service). The food is also hit or miss. We did Thoroughly enjoy Nobu, with fresh fish and sushi on the menu. Carmine's- huge portions, and fairly priced. Marina Pizzaria is a nice bargain as well. But, many of the other restaurants are closed from day to day, without much notice, or apology. We weren't able to try 3-4 of the places we wanted to. Like many other reviewers, we were disappointed in the food overall. The rooms- mixed feelings here too. The room had 800+ sq, ft high up with a prime ocean view. But, the room is showing age, and the air conditioner wasn't up to par. After 3 complaints, it was finally looked at, but not actually fixed. Again, no urgency. The bathroom is rather nice and roomy, even though the water pressure is low.
Overall I give the Cove a 3.5... High marks for location and all aquatic areas including the beach. Medium marks for service and room. And sadly, low marks overall for food and value. We've stayed at nicer resorts and hotels, and have certainly stayed at worse. BUT.. these prices are in line with 5-star resorts, not 3. So, value is dropped a bit. We do plan to return next Spring, as there is plenty to lure us back. Hopefully it'll be a little more in line with the prices next time....
P.S. The celebrities were out while we were there. PGA Pro Dustin Johnson and wife, NBA Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing, and his friend Wayman Tisdale. Chef Bobby Flay from Food Network. But, Sadly we missed Mark Walburg by a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dynamic and stylish. Sophisticated and sensual. A place where scene meets scenery and urban chic meets white-sand nature. Inspired by the beauty of its surroundings, The Cove Atlantis thrives on the rhythm of the day.While its exclusive ultra-pool and beach club create a seamless day to night scene, its spectacular ocean views and balmy open-air architecture embrace nature’s most compelling elements creating a seductive and indulgent experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Cove Atlantis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cove Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Cove Atlantis Paradise Island
- Atlantis Cove
- The Cove Atlantis Bahamas/Paradise Island