“Perfect for adults” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Cayman Islands
“Perfect for adults”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The best of all the properties! Upgraded facilities, spacious room with amazing views! However at that cost note you can get penthouse suite at Aria, Bellagio etc which comes with additional amenities! However what Vegas doesn't have is the beautiful beaches and water parks! The Cain pool is lovely and because it's adult only is well appreciated! I would surely visit here again only when special rates are available!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my second (and last) trip to Atlantis. The room at The Cove was beautiful until we settled in. The bathroom was not clean (hair in and all around the edges of the tub) and the amenities not restocked from previous guests. I stepped down into the living area and the carpet was soaked. They brought an industrial fan to dry it out and never came back for it (or bothered to check on the issue). Every time we opened the balcony door it created a suction on the front door that produced an unbearable screeching sound. The dining options were limited to how long you were willing to stand in line for overpriced mediocre food. There were too many cruise ship passengers wandering around the rest of the property. They were conducting tours that had people blocking the walkways. It was completely ridiculous and not worth a tenth of what they charge.

I would like to compliment the bartenders at The Cain pool. They were friendly and attentive and made drinks strong enough to make me forget how miserable the rest of the place was.

The other employees are just collecting a paycheck. It's too bad because it really is a beautiful place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MASS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to The Cove as part of a sales incentive trip (group). I very much enjoyed the resort as it was secluded and devoid of the usual beach vendors. The Cove gives you access to the entire resort- which is very nice when you get stopped at the "check points". While the fine food was expensive and not great, the overall service was good and the best buy was the Cascades beach bar where you get a great jerk chicken for about 10 bucks.

I found the staff friendly and courteous.

I loved the water park and the lazy river was a great distraction- even with a large group of adults.

THe room was well appointed and I appreciated the maid service as well.

The Spa was "ok" and not worth the high fee- I had a massage which i would rate "average" but for a premium price. Typical for a resort, though.

Room Tip: Use the foodstore2go.com to delivery alcohol and water directly to your room. You can get a case of...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I attended a business conference the at the end of Jan 2013. The Cove Tower was beautiful . The beds were very comfortable,the room very clean and generously sized, the bathroom was huge all marble and granite and our view was beautiful. We were on the side where you could watch the cruise ships enter the harbor.
The many pools,water park and aquariums were very clean and my husband and I had lots of fun on the slides. No waiting in line either. This whole resort is huge and impressive but very expensive for the food and the resort fee that is charged daily. We ate at the Mesa Grill and it was very good but pricy. The beach/pool huts also had good food. If you have children, bring lots of peanut butter and jelly. The is a good family restaurant across the street from the Marina Village that has Pizza and other food at better prices.
This is a beautiful resort with a lot to do. I was glad that the price of the room included the water park.
By the way, there is a lot of security there,many guards,but very nice employees, kind and polite.

Room Tip: I don't know about the other towers, But The Cove was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

If you want to feel like you're being robbed. Stay at the Cove. On arrival, they demanded $400 in cash at the front desk that they never returned. Each eight hours, they turned off my key, forcing me to go to the front desk and give them my credit card yet again. In the end, they charged me nearly triple what I had reserved my room for. Save your self a trip!

Room Tip: Try to get one without all night long elevator noise. The door is paper thin so you will hear parti...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Don’t get me wrong, the room was nice but definitely not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. The bed was old and quite uncomfortable. Atlantis may want to call Starwood and ask about their heavenly bed line, it would help! The shower took a good 5 minutes to get warm which I know sounds trivial but having to wait a minimum of 5 minutes for each shower gets old fast. Overall, the room was definitely worn and had many imperfections (e.g. chips in the wall, broken/stained furniture, TV that worked only half of the time). We had a suite that had stairs at the base of the bed that led us down to the living area… sounds nice right? We almost broke our neck numerous times bc it seems the housekeeping polishes them every day to the point that we jumped over the stairs to avoid the Americas Funniest Home Videos slip and slide moment… or emergency room visit depending on one’s morbid outlook.

Our suite was on the club level which comes with its own private concierge. The club mimics the Ritz with this special club level and I do give them points, it was quite nice to have snacks and drinks readily available. Where it fails is the service. The staff at Atlantis has the attitude that nothing can go wrong with any of their facilities, restaurants or employees. When we attempted to tell the concierge how bad the food was at the pool bar/restaurant the look on his face was utter shock. He did not apologize, he did not even attempt to offer an excuse, rather a blank stare as if we were aliens that had just landed on Earth.

Another issue I found with Atlantis was the waiters. An automatic 18% tip is added to all bills. Instead of dropping the check and letting one decide if additional gratuity should be added, the waiters stand over your shoulder, hovering to force you into giving them more money. I would be happy to tip at least 20% but not with that bullyesque attitude of theirs. We also noticed when we didn’t give more than 18% their entire demeanor shifted 180 degrees and we became the scum of the earth (keep in mind at all restaurants we ordered multiple appetizers, cocktails, wine and dessert so we weren’t on the value plan).

For more detail on the restaurants, I’ll be quick and to the point.
Café Martinque = decent but the only place where the waiter didn’t hover and actually had manners, hence he received a 25% tip.

Nobu = what a joke, I’ve eaten at Nobu NYC and Vegas, the only nexus I saw to this Nobu and the ones stateside was the name itself. The sushi here was miniscule portions, rude and VERY LOUD wait staff – not professional, prices twice/three times that of the other Nobus and just overall seemed more like a night club than a fine dining restaurant.

Dune = Don’t sit outside, there are wild cats that bother you the entire night. I was forced to splash water on one (relax PETA – I’m a cat lover and grew up with 3 cats but when you are trying to enjoy a nice meal on vacation I’d prefer not to have feral cats claw at my leg).

Mosaic = Best meal we had and a bargain mind you. All of the other places charge an arm and a leg. Look I don’t mind paying for excellent food but I do mind paying higher than NYC Michelin star prices for subpar food. The buffet had fantastic food with tons of options for a more than reasonable price. Unfortunately we discovered it the last day.

One last word of advice – go to the fish fry!! We went to Andros and it was sooooooo good, probably the best meal of our trip.

Oh almost forgot – don’t even think about room service at the cover. The creamed spinach had twigs/sticks throughout the side dish, disgusting, they would argue it was rosemary stems. The pasta had the weirdest texture I’ve experienced, the burger was asked to be cooked medium and it was legit burnt oh and it came a good 1.5 hours after the call.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hillsdale, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Cove, a separate tower within the mega resort of Atlantis, is a quiet and beautiful place to vacation. The rooms are all large and spacious. We had what they call the "Dolphin Suite" which overlooked the ocean and their dolphin experience area. No matter where you went within the Cove, all personnel said hello - no matter what they were doing. The Adult Only pool (strictly for The Cove guests) was serene and beautiful. It was actually 3 pools in one area.
A big shout out to Valnardo Dean, one of the managers at The Cove who seemed to know everyone's name as well as their likes and dislikes. He took care of us well. Also a big thank you to Jeremie at the front desk for his smile and upbeat attitude. The other towers within Atlantis are more Disneyland/Atlantic City type hotels with the hustle and bustle and crowded everywhere. Having a huge open are lobby area was wonderful
Should you decide to go to Atlantis and you don't want overpowering and overcrowded lobbys, The Cove is your place.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Cove Atlantis? Share your experiences!