“Best week of my life” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
london
“Best week of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2008

Stayed over easter with ten and nine year old daughter's. They say 'it was absolutely amazing, you couldn't get bored. I enjoyed every second of it and wish it would never end. The staff there are all very nice. Parent's say room was fantastic, huge, immaculate. Service was exceptional with all staff going out of way to do whatever they can for you. Food was great, ate at Mosaic most day's, expensive but you get what you pay for. Went to see other hotel's, coral, beach towers etc. and they just don't compare to Cove, though didn't see rooms at Tower's whole area round there seemed very dirty and uncared for especially pools. Much noisier compared to Cove and lots of drunk people. So if you want a really exlusive holiday, first class service, immaculate pool and beach, first class food go to the Cove - at end of day you get what you pay for and we found it thoroughly worth it.

Stayed March 2008

1,308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

The Good...Exceptional Resort, Clean, Great Location, Spacious state-of-the-art rooms, Atlantis Casino, Atlantis Aquariums, Pools & waterslides, Architecture, Nearby strawmarket, nearby Ocean Golf Course, Atlantis Dolphin Swim, Nearby Snorkel/Scuba Excursions, Nightlife/Disco

The Bad & Ugly...Lack-Luster Service (anywhere in Nassau), ***Expensive*** (anywhere at Atlantis)

Average Pricing anywhere at Atlantis: Breakfast/Lunch for 2 $60. - $80., Drinks $7 - $15, Dinner w/ Wine for 2 $150 - $300

Please note: 15% gratuity automatically added to bill

Room Rates: $500 - $800 / night.

• Liked — Spacious, Clean, Great Views
  • Disliked — Sub-par Service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2008

Hotel:
First of all, The Cove Atlantis was beautifully done(architecture, landscaping, etc.). The service was great everywhere. The room was beautiful and had a great view. The only problem we came across was housekeeping. When your going out to dinner or breakfast, make sure you press the button that says "Make Up Room" near you door or they most likely will not come.
Dining:
The restaurants were fantastic. I heard fathoms was a horrible place, but I cancelled my reservation there. The idea is not book a restaurant for its atmosphere(Fathoms, Cafe at the Great Hall of Waters, etc.) because that won't always mean a good meal with good service. The first night we had Cafe Martinique, incredibly expensive, food was amazing, service was amazing. Second night and third night was Carmine's, great food, enormous portions. Fourth night and sixth night was Mosaic, buffet. Definitely the best buffet I have ever had. Fifth night was Cafe Matisse, in downtown Nassau. The food was amazing, without Atlantis prices. The last night was Dune at the One & Only. The food was also some of the best food I've ever had, except it had the Atlantis prices. For lunch we had Cascade's (pool bar) almost every day. Food was like upscale fast food (it was really good). Breakfast was either at Mosaic or Seaglass. Both were buffets.
Activities:
I am proud to say I did every slide at least twice. The Surge, The Leap of Faith, The Serpent Slide, and the Abyss were my favorites! Pools were great even though it was extremely hard to get chairs (do it in the early morning). I recommend Dolphin Cay to everyone who can do it. I was so much fun! A great experience. Tennis courts were okay, but not great. They looked like and after thought. If you plan on doing any of these things, you should do them when the slides open at 11:00 am, especially when cruise ships are docked for the day. When you are on the current do not go up to the Power Tower via conveyer belt, do not! It is a complete waste of time, and is usually very crowded.

That is pretty much all I have to say about The Cove Atlantis. It was so much fun and it went by way to fast.

• Liked — Room was beautiful, slides were great, service was great, food was great
  • Disliked — Turndown service wasn't very good, value for money
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

I thought the Cove and Atlantis in general were beautiful hotels. Tons of things to do and all done well--HOWEVER-- the prices were rediculous. I have been to a lot of nice hotels all over the world and I still believe in paying for quality etc. -- this was out of control. all the restaurants had 50 dollar entrees-- even causual sandwich places were 35 and 45 dollars and the worst was when I saw $53 dollars for spaghetti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is worse than being treated like an idiot. And I know things on the island cost more but please, give me a break. That being said-- it was beautiful and very well done so if someone else is paying-- go for it

Stayed March 2008
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

My family and I stayed at The Cove during February 2008. Our stay was absolutely wonderful and we couldn't have been happier with our holiday. The lobby was fabulous, as were the extremely large rooms(all suites) which featured a seperate seating area, 2 plasma screen tvs aswell as a luxurious bathroom and a view of the ocean which was to die for!

The hotel itself is situated on a quieter side of the Atlantis resort which has a more exclusive and refined air. The pools which surround The Cove are wonderful, you can always get a seat and there were plently of places from which to buy food or drinks by these pools( which pricewise i found to be extremely reasonable). The rest of the resort is also wonderful, any kid( or adult for that matter) will love the water slides and activities, it will keep them occupied all day.

In conclusion, we have stayed at numerous high class hotels all over the world including Ritz Carltons, Four Seasons, Sandy Lane etc and expect a certain high class quality of service and hotel, and i must say that we felt this hotel to be equal in standard to all of these others we have stayed in. Yes it is expensive but you pay for what you get, and what you get with The Cove is pure luxury and a chance for relaxation. We will definitely return!

Stayed February 2008
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

My husband and I spent 8 days of our honeymoon at the Cove. We had just come from a Ritz Carlton resort in Florida where our room rate was almost half the Cove's rate, and we both enjoyed the Ritz a million times more.

Now, I agree that the resort is a beautiful thing to see. The outdoor covered walkways were a great way to experience the ocean air in all kinds of weather. Our room was spacious, and we enjoyed the food at nearly all the Atlantis restaurants we visited (once we got over the ridiculous, heart attack-inducing prices). The Cove's adult pool, Cain, was a great place to spend the day (despite the drinks costing twice as much as those at the pool next to it). The Atlantis' pools and slides were fun, and kept us busy for a day or two. Absolutely nothing, however, can justify a room price as high as the Cove's unless the service is at least great. The Cove's (the entire Atlantis' for that matter) service would be lucky to get an "Adequate" in my book. I mean, isn't service what puts the "luxury" in luxury hotel?

First, our luggage situation. When we arrived at the hotel, a bellman took our luggage. He didn't ask for any name or room number, just told us to check in at the front desk and he would take care of it. Hours later, after running between the bell station, front desk, and our hotel room, we finally got our bags delivered. No apology, explanation, or anything.

Next, our room's plumbing was not functioning properly. We called to report it, and the front desk said they would send up a maintenance person. They never did. 30 minutes later, my husband went to the desk to request maintenance again. They said they would send someone up. After several back-and-forth conversations, the front desk told us to move rooms. They assured us that they would send up a key. Needless to say, that never happened. By the time we got our key and got moved, the process had taken 4 hours, so we had to miss our morning activity (which couldn't be re-scheduled). And we got no apology, nothing. I can think of countless other examples where the Cove/Atlantis asked us to pay up for service that just wasn't there.

Basically, any 4 Seasons or Ritz in the Carribbean will take less of your wallet and provide a much more enjoyable experience. Families would appreciate the Atlantis water activities, aquarium, etc. but stay in the Royal Towers for less, and be closer to the kid-friendly action!

• Liked — The location was beautiful. Great sunsets.
  • Disliked — The feeling of getting ripped off at every turn
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

Twelve of my buddies went down for a Spring Break Bachelor Party and the cove provided just the playground we were looking for.

Transportation - We booked sedans through the hotel to and from the aiport. They were on time both ways and worth it.

The Rooms - the same layout as the rooms at the Venicitian in Las Vegas. Nothing really special about them and the air-conditioning never was ever cold enough. The only way that I can justify paying the premium is access to Cain Pool.

Cain - The atmosphere was amazing and we had just as much fun during the day as we did at night. My only complaint is the Cabana situation. It is totally ridiculous that you have to wait to the day before to book one. It is a very unorganized and stressful situation which left us with a bad taste in our mouths. The regular pool had some great slides and was a blast as well, but definitely a different crowd than Cain.

Restaurants - Mesa Grill is beautiful but way over priced. Nobu was one of the better Nobu's I have been to and priced more appropriately.

Aura Club - If you get a table make sure you are on the dance floor because the others are too far away from the action.

To sum it up if you are looking to lose a lot of money gambling while destroying your liver with truck loads of 18 year olds, then this is the place for you.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — drink prices at the pool
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Cove Atlantis? Share your experiences!