“The Cove still the best” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$250 Air Credit & More!
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Vancouver,B.C.
“The Cove still the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just spent a week at the Cove ,my third visit. Hotel still looks new and is by far the most relaxing and beautiful of the Atlantis towers. We had two rooms this time one facing east on west so really got the full view experience. The only downside is the music at the Cain Pool TOO LOUD in the afternoon. Good music but you can't even have a conversation after three pm when they seem to turn it up.
The walk to the casino takes about 7 minutes and is an easy walk even for older people. The shuttle was available every 10 minutes or so the distance not an issue.
The beds were very comfortable and the housekeeping really gave excellent service.
The beach out front was great and waves big enough to play in and the water warm as
a bath.
The hideabed was really comfortable (i was told) by one of my party.
Coffee in room good and they provide creamers not powdered whitener.
In a nutshell...still a gem of a resort and I will return soon

Room Tip: West side room looks towards Nassua habour East side towards The resort both great
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Granite Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just finished a week at the cove for my honeymoon. Though my husband and i don't have a problem paying for nice things, we won't go back. We talked to quite a few people vacationing there for the first time as well who felt the same way because it was such a rip off. . Beautiful grounds, friendly people (very slow but why not? 15 gratuity added on to EVERY bill whether service was good or not and even if you are a single person so beware!) and great rooms. I understand that everything is imported but we ordered chips & salsa at the pool and the price was $12.00 for chips and $4.00 for salsa!! They even charged us $2.00 extra for cheese but we never ordered it. They order it as nachos so they assumed we had cheese. Our lunch that day at the pool was $149.00 for a chicken Caesar wrap (we split it), chips & salsa, 3 beers, & a salad, just an example. Our sushi at nobu was very good but we had 2 - 6/piece rolls, grilled vegetables with truffle butter, & 2 large hot sakis (the sakis were HOUSE saki and silly me didnt look at the price but they were $38.00/each per lrg house saki so our dinner, with gratuity added in was $180.00! Everything costs money so don't assume anything. If you want Internet, plan on $75.00 for 3 days. The gym is $15.00/day per person. Room service is a15% gratuity & service charge PER PERSON on top of exuberant prices. I can bet that this hotel makes alot of money off of people who do not come prepared because they are used to a "party of six or more" added gratuity so they pay twice....Paradise island is gorgeous, but we will stay at either the comfort inn & suites (owned by Atlantis and has free use of the Atlantis facilities), the riu, or the Hilton across the bridge in Nassau when we come back. It's a shame but I think the atlantis would get more "repeat" guests if they weren't so deceptive.

Room Tip: Choose one at the comfort inn & suites or the riu!!!
st. louis, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed in a ocean suite at the Cove for 5 days and were overwhelmed with the beauty of this resort. We woke early and went to bed late each night and still did not get to do and see all the things the resort had to offer. We ate at seafire (a nicer restaurant but LOUD LOUD LOUD, if you want a quiet romantic dinner don't go here, every 5 minutes someone was having a birthday or an anniversary or getting engaged and the wait staff claps and sings loudly). We loved the buffet at Mosaic. We were surprised to find out (on our last day) that there are some "fast food" type restaurants we could have gone to (and saved money), Johnny Rockets, Quiznos. Do your "food" research before you go as the reviews are correct in that it's expensive. But mostly we thought it was expensive because every restaurant had a "fine dining" atmosphere. We stopped at a liquor store on our way from the airport to get some wine and beer and soda to have in our room. If I were traveling with children I'd probably stop at a food store to get snacks too.
Our room was impeccable and we could see the ocean from our bed. Maid service was great for us, you can get some free bottled water from the maid. The grounds at the cove are immaculate. The attention to detail is definitely there.

We saw The Dig (aquarium), a must see, we did the Dolphin experience, we went on a snorkeling excursion through Stuart's Cove (wonderful). We went through the water park. The "lazy river" is not lazy!! There are rapids and several people in our group got skinned up after being flipped out of their innertube. I'm not usually one to partake of waterslides but I am glad I did, it was great. We spent a couple nights dancing in the Dragons lounge in the Casino since the clubs were open Thurs to Sat and we got there on a Saturday and didn't have time that night to check one out.

The resort was not crowded at all which made this trip even more fantastic. The weather was great, mornings were cloudy until about 10 then it was sunny until about 3 and a couple of nights it rained, hard, but it always cleared up again.
We did not have anything but excellent service. A 15% gratuity is included for most meals/drinks. We normally tip at least 20% so we did, and would also tip if we were being brought drinks.

I could have skipped the "straw market" altogether. This is a place mentioned in travel guides for shopping in "town". It was multiple vendors begging you to buy their overpriced items, and they all sold the same thing! We walked to some of the boutique shops which were better, less pushy, and had a better experience.

Overall we had a great time and experience, the Islanders like their hip hop music and anything with a thumping beat. This is what you'll hear everywhere, in the cab, on the shuttle, at the adult pool. It's a fun atmosphere and I like to experience what the locals like, so it didn't bother me at all.

Room Tip: There is a refrigerator in the room, but it is filled with items to buy. The top shelf, however, is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just returned from a quick trip to The Cove in Atlantis and it was awesome. We stayed the the most incredible hotel suite I have ever stayed in, the Sapphire Suite! The room and furnishings were fantastic, and spotless! The staff including our butler Stephan, handled every item for us from recommendations of restaurants, to reservations. The entire hotel staff was fantastic! The food and drinks were on the pricey side, but I did not ever feel it was out of line. The pools, and water activities were great for adults, and we will be taking our kids for a trip next year so that they can enjoy all the adventures that Atlantis offers.

Room Tip: The Cove was fantastic, during the day the adult pool has music non stop, so be aware if you want mi...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just back from 5 nights at The Cove, Atlantis. Fabulous hotel, very expensive, don't go on a budget or you'll not get the true experience. First class throughout. Yes the music is a bit loud at Cain, but that is the only small negative I could find. Rooms were great, service exeptional, Cain is great, Lobby areas are truly an experience, and of course there are all the great amenities of the Atlantis Resort at your doorstep.

This was my third trip to Atlantis but first one to The Cove, and it was worth the upgrade. September is low season, so the resort in general was quieter which was nice, though some of the rides, restaurants were closed. Didn't detract much as there was still so much to do.

Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Deluxe Ocean View, high floor gave great views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was a 10 year anniversary trip for us. We travel a lot (always beach vacations) and wanted to try the Bahamas this time. The Cove is beautifully decorated and the furnishings / decor is high end. You won't be disappointed in the view either (we were on the 17th floor).
- we went towards the middle/end of September and occupancy was in the 20-30% range. We weren't told ahead of time, but a lot of things are closed for maintenance in September / October because those are the slow months. It would be nice to have been told before making our reservation.
- Loved the lazy river with rapids. You can ride this all around the main pool area and hop off when you want to get on water slides, etc.
- Cain @ the Cove pool. Awesome pool, atmosphere and music. Seemed really strange that at 6pm the pool closes (music stops, service stops, etc.). Maybe it was because of the slow season?
- Getting around - shuttle service is fast, we found it easy to get around the property by shuttle or walking.
- Restaurants also closed at 10pm except for some snack bar type places in the Royal Towers and Room service. Breakfast at Mosaic is definitely great food, but that was the only standout. Nobu and Mesa were ok.
- Pricing - Incredibly Expensive. Almost double what we have paid for food at other high end resorts and we have been to a lot.
- Casino - by far the best service around the property (T'shura at 3 card poker and pit boss Katie were tons of fun)
- Room Service - not great. We didn't get anything refreshed while we were there (coffee, cups, towels, etc.). It seemed like they were stopping by to make the bed and that was about it. 2 days we were there they stopped by in the evening to give us water bottles, but they didn't do it on the other nights.

The property is beautiful and really has everything you could want or need. The only reason I would think twice about coming back is because of the terrible customer service. Not sure if it is because 15% gratuity is already included in everything, but we very rarery got service with a smile. Mostly service staff tried not to make eye contact and when they did come finally come over they just seemed really annoyed to have to help you. Definitely the worst service of anywhere I have been. Even off-property people really seemed like tourists are a burden.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I want to make sure you understand our visit was in September and this review may contradict many of the beliefs and reviews you have read. It was Not crowded and the service was FAR better than anticipated. I visited Atlantis about 13 years ago and vowed to never go back. The service and attitude of staff in my prior visit was not good. However, I was convinced to go back and found improvements in all fronts. Our service was very good, the food was very good and the grounds were beautiful. The closest thing I can relate this place to is like taking one of the mega resort casinos out of Vegas and putting it on a Caribbean beach with crystal clear water and pure white sand. Then you add a Disney like water park and aquariums. My wife and I travel quite extensively in the Caribbean and to the nicest resorts in Mexico and I can't tell you where I have found a better combination of amenities. You will find nicer hotels and nicer casinos and friendlier staff, but not all wrapped into one resort like this one.
I would point out that if you are accustomed to staying in the high end resorts, you need to book either the Reef or the Cove. If you stay in either of these, you have the right to visit all of Atlantis. If you stay elsewhere in the resort, you will not have the right to enter the private pools and beaches of the Cove and Reef Tower areas. I would agree that, as a whole, the culture of the Bahamian people is not one of hospitality and that few ever get in a hurry. However, I did find the staff to be far more polished and more highly trained than my first visit and most of them went out of their way to speak and tried to be friendly and inviting. As a whole, they did an excellent job in all aspects of their duties. I think the thing that was a pleasant surprise for me was the fact that the food and drinks were not so excessively overpriced as you see in these reviews. Try going to any of the high end resorts, Rosewood, Banyan Tree, St. Regis, Viceroy and getting food or drinks for less. I actually found most of the restaurants to be slightly less than what we see in the other high end resorts. In fact, I paid more for a hamburger in the Miami airport than I did at the resort. Overall, I think you can expect to pay about 25% to 30% more for food and drinks at the resort than you will find in the states. We ate lunch pretty much every day at the pool next to the Cove and hamburgers were about $10 to $12 and drinks may have been $12 to $16 but were very good and very well prepared. We pay $18 for the same drinks at some of the resorts we visit in Mexico. When you add it all up, I personally think the total package that you experience here is a good value. Not cheap, but a good value. If you like the beach, like to people watch, like good food, good drinks and even like to gamble, go.

Room Tip: If you stay at the Cove, you might ask for the rooms that face east, but don't be disappointed i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cove Atlantis? Share your experiences!