We stayed at the Riu from June 10-15th. We loved it and said we would recommend to anyone and everyone!
I personally never been on an all inclusive trip and never traveled outside the U.S. I booked the trip through the hotel directly, which doesn't include ground transportation. The cab ride was about 25 minutes to the hotel and cost 25.00 for both me and my friend. Once we arrived at the hotel we were upgraded to a suite (for no reason), which had an ocean and pool view. The room was a nice size with a large wrap around balcony. The cleaning staff always cleaned and greeted you at all times with a smile. The buffett was always great for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. The food was fresh and the selection varied from day to day. I didn't try any of the specialty restaurants. The staff in the dining area was always there to provide you with whatever you needed and to clear the table. The bartenders were pleasant and attentive. My favorite bartender was Donald, who usually handles the swim up pool bar. He's fast, accurate and makes great shots. His speciality is called "marijuana" which is pretty sweet but good. All of the bartenders have interesting specialty drinks that the others don't know how to make. So if you ask for a specialty drink from one bartender and you like it, you have to ask that bartender to make it again for you. The pool and beach was clean with great water temperatures. There was nightly entertainment either in the calypso room (behind the bar in the lobby), or outside by the pool. The only problem I had with the entertainment was that it was over at midnight. It kind of left you hanging and wanting to do more. The Riu is right next door to the Atlantis, so you have access to the aquarium and the casino. Of course, you could do more in the Atlantis for a price.
Overall, I would say the Riu was great! When I go back to the Bahamas, I would definitely stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas