My girlfriend and I stayed here for four days in mid-December. We also stayed at Breezes, so you can see my review for that if you want to compare. We are in our 30s.
Location is a real strength for Riu. It is on a nice beach (with rough water). On one side is Atlantis and on the other is a long stretch of largely undeveloped beach, so it's a good place for a beach walk. Visiting the Atlantis without paying Atlantis prices is good. We toured the sites there, although I'm not sure if that's supposed to be free to non-Atlantis guests of if there just wasn't anyone to stop us. We saw the water slide that goes through the shark tank. A shark jumped onto the slide one morning while we were there. No joke--google it.
Overall, the hotel is pretty staid, especially compared to the fun atmosphere of Breezes. Pool area is nice. Note that whirlpool is not hot but is simply regular pool water. And because of the way the buildings are, sun was blocked 90 minutes before sunset. Swim-up bar is a positive.
We thought the food was quite good. Definitely a step up from Breezes. Buffet and both a la carte restaurants we visited were good. Drinks are fine. If you are happy with ordering a drink and enjoying what they give you, you will be happy. If you have specific tastes, you will be disappointed. Wine is a particular weakness. Beer at pool was Budweiser served ice cold in cans, plus draft Kalik in restaurants.
Staff were efficient although not particularly friendly.
Evening entertainment was quite weak. This is not a hip place, if that's what you're looking for. We would've been disappointed with that if we had been staying longer, but we went over to Atlantis a couple of nights.
Room was nice. Balcony was great--plenty of room to sit. Mini-bar in room with liquor, beer, and soft drinks was good.
Saw several children while there. They weren't loud and obnoxious but did take away from the atmosphere. Go adults-only if this is a concern for you.
Overall, this place delivers satisfactorily, but we probably would not return. Location is great for both beach and proximity to Atlantis, but otherwise it is not memorable for either positive or negative things.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Travelocity, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.