I just recently returned from the RIU Palace Paradise Island - I have stayed at many RIU in the past, I love the chain and I am always happy with the RIU. I was happy with The RIU Paradise Island, but the employees here were "dull & unattentive". At other RIU's I always felt welcomed, for instance in Aruba they greet you with "Welcome Home" sounds dumb but these little things make all the difference or a Hello or Good Morning from Staff, they pretty much ignored you, this is simply fixed and needs to be addressed at the management level, it would cost them no money but make for a very pleasant memorable experience for the guests a little goes a long way.
At the other RIU's I stayed at Water was never an issue I canot say that there generally they stock fridge with 2 large water bottles as me and my husband drink alot of water especially at the beach we wanted a 3rd bottle, at other RIUs this could be gotten from the bar or behind the main desk at guest services, I was denied at both for a bottle of water? although bartender had a case behind the bar, this I found to be quote strange in an all-inclusive and the front desk told me to call room service, which I did but no one answered so I went back to bar a got a small glass. This is the little things that need to be fixed.
Room: I stayed in an Oceanfront Suite- The Room's view was one of the very best I ever had any other RIU simply magnificent FULL wall of Glass overlooking ocean full balcony A++. You are reminded that this is an older hotel that has been renovated however, the air conditioner in the room is LOUD didnt bother me too much but I could see in other reviews it was bothersome, there is NO HANDLE on the outside door balcony to get back in room and sometimes proofed difficult to open to get back into room, very strange no handle, no biggie but again the little things
Food: The Food was okay due to the ridiculous lines in the AM for the restaurants we went buffet every night, compared to other RIUs the selection was less, but still ok On 2 mornings the coffee was empty and things would run and and not be replinished it was like it wasn't anyone's job to check these things? and it should be, not the guests job to find a waiter to tell them...the little things...Grade B-
Beach: Beach is beautiful, however the vendors are aggresive and can be annoying- Sunday thru Thursday the Beach is NOT crowded. Friday & Saturday the cruise ships come in and it is PACKED they come on RIU beach and make a mess its such a shame, there are only 2 garbage cans by stairs leading off beach and NONE of the cruise people utilize a garbage can in the AM the beach is littered everywhere with cups/straws food bottle etc, it is cleaned up everyday, but "maybe" some garbage cans would help or even better PUT UP A ROPE ON WEEKENDS to keep the cruise people off RIU Beach, as a side note RIU employees charge NON RIU guests $10 for a lodge chair, obviously they arent allowed to do this as these people aren't even suppose to be on the beach but I seen it several times. Beach Sun - Thursday A+ Beach weekend C-...My next stay will be Sunday - Leaving Friday
Location- Great right next to ATlantis you literally walk down RIU driveway & up Beach Tower Driveway right next store 2 minute walk and can walk through corridors straight to Casino in Atlantis in air conditioning or visit Marinas Village for Shopping all without using a Taxi! The Atlantis Aquaruim is FREE after 7pm to anyone so take the walk its a great aquarium and FREE Location - A++
Overall a solid B Rating, would I go back Hell YES Sun - Friday that is....Hoping they can fix these little things to make this place A+ - Management needs to Talk with Staff and get the Water situation fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas