“Good Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island

You added Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Casino Drive Paradise Island | Paradise Island - Bahamas, 6307, New Providence Island   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive Package Sale!
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Room was average to above average but well within expectations. Hotel staff very accomodating. We had the all inclusive and the food was great. Loved having choice of restaurants for each night. Pool was small but perfect for this hotel. Beach was great. Really enjoyed feeding fish in the ocean that come up and beg. Dudes on beach rent jetskis for reasonable prices, recommend doing so. Overall, this place is very good and because it is next door to the Atlantis you can walk there to enjoy all Atlantis has to offer including gaming and dancing and dining.

Room Tip: The higher floors are best to reduce pool noise during day. Nights are calm. All rooms are sea vie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Food,drinks,pool,ocean,view and on and on. In the future if there is a Riu around the area where I am staying than I`m not looking anyplace else.I`m a beer guy,but them umbrella drinks by the pool were working pretty good.

Room Tip: I don`think it matters.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My sister got married at the Riu a couple weeks ago and I was a bridesmaid. The hotel-appointed wedding planner was shockingly rude and unhelpful. E.g. when we asked to see her a few hours before the wedding she aggressively asked 'what do you want to ask me?' After telling my sister that there were no other weddings there that day, she scheduled another wedding in the same location 30 minutes before my sister's wedding! Needless to say that wedding ran over so my sister's was delayed. Despite repeated assurances that it would be taken care of, the floor was wet and dirty - itwas on the restaurant terrace and there was food on the floor lefover from lunch. Gross.
I nothing positive to say about the Riu.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RiuHotelsandResorts, Social and Community Relations Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are extremely concerned to learn of your disappointing experience during your stay and would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced.

We are deeply disappointed to find that our team did not turn around this situation to your complete satisfaction during your stay. Please be assured that we have shared your comments with the respective heads of departments involved and actions would be taken to address all your concerns.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of Guest Service that are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Right next door to Atlantis, but of course you need to stop at the beach to Atlantis if not staying on property. We came from Atlantis, and added the end of the trip at the all inclusive. The pool was small but nice, beach very pretty but rough. A smaller older resort than we are used to, and the steak and Japanese restaurant were our favorite. No real nightlife, so if you want that, walk over to Atlantis. Ask for top shelf on the drinks and pack a solo cup or thermal sipping cup from home, to keep from constant trips to the pool bar. Staff was very friendly

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

So, I have to say I was extremely nervous reading some reviews, however this trip was wonderful! First walking into the hotel, the front desk wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped for. We had came a few hours early and wouldn't let us check in a minute before 3, as well as, give us an upgrade for anything less than $100 per night. We took the room given and I must admit it was still beautiful. We had the view of the ocean and of the pool.

Beach- We later went to the beach which was so beautiful and the vendors are NOT as bad as some of the reviews make them. The jet ski vendors were actually funny, and if you say no once they don't bother you again. They have to make a living too! Also, there was a shark in the water and they were the first ones to get everyone out of the water!

Pool- We didn't spend much time at the pool, but the swim up bar is great. I recommend the Pina Coladas! They were delish!!

Food- This was something I was also very worried about, but was pleasantly surprised!! The lunch was just OK, but the breakfast was awesome and dinner was AMAZING. We went to the steakhouse which was great, but Krystal was definitely our favorite!! The lamb was to die for, and I'm always nervous to eat lamb out. The appetizer, entree, wine and dessert was phenomenal! I actually wish they had this is NY to go back to!

Spa- My boyfriend had a deep tissue massage and said it may be one of the best he's ever had!

We did the dolphin excursion through Blue Lagoon which was great!! Every night we would walk over to Atlantis (which was literally steps away) for the casino, comedy club and such. Granted, they had more stuff to do in the evenings, however they are EXTREMELY over priced and make NYC look cheap! 4 martinis was $70 and the club entry was $50 for men and $25 for women. Go to the aquarium after 6 because then its free!

We had a wonderful time and I was debating between 4 and 5 stars. You can't beat the price! It was a great trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went for five nights. I was a bit apprehensive due to the reviews, however every aspect of the hotel exceeded expectations. The food was fresh and very good. The only thing that was inconvenient was the reservations for speciality restaurants. I am going to go there very soon with my entire family

• Stayed June 2013
San Marcos, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I know I am almost 11 months late on this review, but after doing research for an upcoming vacation I thought to go ahead and write one. We traveled with our family and extended family and overall had a great time! Our travel dates were July 12-19, 2012.

My husband and I had been to the Bahamas on the first leg of our honeymoon years ago. We had such a horrible experience on that visit we swore we would never come back. But since my in-laws were footing the bill for this trip we sucked it up and would give it another try.(we stayed at sandals nassau and would suggest the Riu over sandals any day!!!!)

The welcome desk was warm and inviting and the people behind the desk were friendly. Our room was available when we arrived so we were able to go right to our room. We had our two young children with us, ages 5 and 7. Our suite was spacious and they had their own bedroom and bathroom. It is really worth the upgrade, especially if you have kids that are going to be with you.The rooms were a little dated, but were always clean and had an nicely stocked bar. The only complaint I l would have about the rooms is the balcony is TINY!!!!! We like to sit and watch the ocean and enjoy coffee in the mornings. Almost too small for two chairs. A little disappointing since we like to sit on the balcony quit a bit.

The beach was beautiful and VERY accessible!! We spent most of our time between the beach and pool and enjoyed every minute of it!

The food was nothing to write home about!! It was decent and always plentiful. There was a wonderful fresh fruit juice bar that was amazing! Try the banana or watermelon, you won't be sorry! The only other thing I would say was pretty bad was trying to get restaurant reservations!! I mistakenly came upon a long line one morning while going back to my room after working out. After asking what it was for I decided to get in line. I stood in line for almost an hour only to get up to the front to find out they had no reservations before 9:00 p.m. for parties of ten.(or anyone else for that matter) Remember we have two young, hungry kiddos. I take the reservation and inform the family we better have a late snack. After we arrived at the restaurant we were told they didn't have our reservation.... WHAT??? All that waiting for nothing! So, TIP... keep the paper they give you when you wait in line FOREVER to get reservations. I think this is a HORRIBLE policy on making restaurant reservations and should be changed!

Overall our trip was wonderful! we took one excursion to go and see the dolphins and it was TOTALLY worth it! The hotel is not 5 star but it was paradise island... much better than our nassau experience!

Room Tip: The family suite is worth the upgrade! Lots of privacy and the kids have their own room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island? Share your experiences!