A pleasant surprise! I had been reading the reviews on here and was a little scared. Our daughter is in a wheelchair and her only wish was to see Atlantis. We arrived and asked at the desk for a room that had two beds and a wheelchair accessible bathroom. Our room was on the third floor, pool side and our daughter could manouver around it and the washroom no problem, yes it was a little loud during the day but close the patio door if you are in your room, not noisy at night at all. Our first evening we walked next door to check out Atlantis. We purchased the walking tour around the aquariums at Atlantis the following day for $40. each which was well worth it. We walked to dolphin cay to see the dolphins and didn't realize the price or we would have done that as well, even though she has swam with the dolphins before. You got to pat the 2 dolphins as they swam by and pose for a picture while in the water in a wet suit, all the while standing in the water while watching the dolphins do there tricks.
The food at the Buffet was fantastic and we did the Steak House which was good and the Japanese restaurant, my daughters was great, shrimp tempura and fried noodles, my husband had veal one bite which was tuff and that was enough and he didn't eat and I had the chicken skewers which were also tasty.
We hired a cab for 2 hours to take us sight seeing around the Island and Nassau for $65. Also very interesting and nice to see the area.
All in all a great trip! Service and Staff were very friendly and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas