We stayed in the third floor ocean-front suite May 3rd-8th and had a wonderful time at the Riu! The room as just as described and the view was spectacular. The patio is huge with a lovely panorama view of the beach and just to our left was the pool so we could take in the activities there as well. The beach was kept very clean and you could get lounging chairs for free and pay $25 for an umbrella all day if you wanted.
We found the food at the buffet good and varied for all tastes, and the specialty restaurants were very good too...especially the steak restaurant.
The entire staff was always pleasant and courteous and welcoming to us. A big shout out to our "cousin" James AKA Dirty Dan and Sidney AKA Rusty Nails at the steak restaurant. The best waiters ever! If you go, get seated in James' section and say hi from his cuz in Texas!
The Atlantis is just a short 5-10 min walk away and worth a look-see for sure.
We also especially enjoyed the Barefoot Sailing Cruise to Rose Island. Capt. Randy and Travis were very laid back and the best hosts to this beautiful island and we liked that they keep this cruise intimate (10 people) and you're free to snorkel or just relax and enjoy the boat or secluded island.
Overall, we had the best vacation we've ever had and plan on returning to the Riu again. We read a ton of reviews before going and weren't sure before going. After being there, we decided that you just can't please everyone and some people will look for the negative in everything in life and nit-pick a good thing to death. It's all in your attitude.
The only people who may not enjoy this resort as much would be those looking for the most private, quiet, romantic of spots. In that case, I'd suggest the more high-end, secluded resorts that cater to those sorts of places for couples and enjoy! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located on Paradise Island (the Bahamas), 3 km/1.8 Miles from Nassau * 100 m/328 ft from "Atlantis", the largest casino in the Caribbean * 14-story building * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3 km/1.8 Miles to downtown Nassau * 200 m/656 ft from various shops * 25 km/15.5 Miles from the airport * 200 m/656 ft from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Paradise Island Hotel Paradise Island
- Riu Hotel Paradise Island
- Paradise Island Sheraton
- Paradise Island Riu Hotel
- Riu Paradise Island Bahamas
- Hotel Riu Palace Paradise Island Bahamas