I just got back from a 6 day stay at the Atlantis Royal Towers. I travelled with my husband, who was attending a conference, and my kids, ages 4 and 6. Overall, it was an excellent experience. It is a beautiful resort with amazing marine life, interesting pools, lots of attractions and daily activities, restaurants and shops, and an excellent fitness center.
Service -- Contrary to some reviews that I had read, the staff was very pleasant and helpful to us. Our room was nice and clean, and we did not have to wait long for elevators.
Location -- The Royal Towers was a perfect location for me and the kids, because it is centrally located and has lots of attractions. It is the closest tower to the interesting kids pools (Splashers and Ripples). My husband did have a bit of the walk every day to the conference center, which is located between the Coral and Beach Towers.
Attractions -- Dolphin Cay is expensive but well worth it. The kids and I did the shallow water dolphin interaction and it was awesome. The Dig, located in the Royal Towers, is very interesting. Just walking around the Atlantis property and viewing the marine life is a great experience.
Restaurants -- The resort has many restaurants and we tried out quite a few. As most reviewers have said, dining at the Atlantis is expensive and a 15% gratuity is automatically added to the bill. We purchased breakfast to go (bagels, muffins, fruit, and drinks) from Plato's every morning. Breakfast cost about $30 daily. For lunch, we tried Marina Pizzeria -- not that great, Johnny Rockets -- relatively inexpensive, and the cafes near the pools -- your best bet. Our dinners ranged from about $90 to $225 for 2 adults (1 to 2 drinks each) and 2 small kids. Murray's Delicatessen was the least expensive for dinner, and surprising good. A magician entertained the kids while they waited for their meals and later, a clown made balloon animals. Dinner at Bimini Road was quite good; Chop Stix was above average; Carmines was okay. Our most expensive and best tasting dinner was at Seafarers Steakhouse. The food was excellent. The size of the portions at all of the restaurants were huge. We tried the Marketplace Buffet for dinner one night and weren't impressed. Even though the buffet has a huge selection, the quality of the food was mediocre. Our kids like to drink warm milk before they go to sleep at night and our biggest problem was where to get milk and how to keep it fresh. The sundries shop only sold irradiated milk (like Parmalait) and it didn't fit in the fridge. I found a grocery store, in the shopping center down the street from the Atlantis resort (in the area marked Bahamian Craft Center on the Atlantis map), that sold milk by the quart, which did fit in the fridge. I brought a bottle warmer from home and warmed the sippie cups that way in the room. The shopping center also has a liquor store where you can buy alcohol at much cheaper prices than at Atlantis.
If you use spray on suntan lotion, buy some before you get to Atlantis because it is very expensive at the resort. Spray on SPF 30 was $24.99 and SPF 50 cost $40.99!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Royal Towers are the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, and French balconies, while suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, The Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Atlantis - Royal Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Bahamas/Paradise Island