“Teens and adults had a blast!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$250 Airfare Credit
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
“Teens and adults had a blast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our family of 3 (one 15 year old) traveled with 11 others from the ages of 12-adults. The only reason I did not rate this hotel with 5 stars is because the rooms are in need of renovation and updating. Nothing horrible, and our room was perfectly lovely. In fact, if you stay at the Royal Tower, ask for a corner room on what used to be their club levels. We were upgraded to that room when we checked in, and it was great! The view was awesome, even though it was more towards the harbor, and the fact that it had two balconies was an added perk. So, yes, it could have used some upgraded decor, but we were very pleased. In addition, the elevators to those rooms are ONLY for those rooms, so they were fast and never crowded.
As far as what others have said about service, our only problem was in the cabana we had each day. We basically had to either get our own drinks or we had to hunt someone down to place our order. That was unacceptable. I'd like to say it was that way only one day, but that was not the case. When reserving a cabana, one would generally expect top-notch service, and we did not receive that. On the flip side, I would highly recommend reserving a cabana if you are with a large group or several kids because it was a great central location for everyone to keep their items, grab a snack, rest when needed, and meet up. Service, in general, on the island is slow. Just be prepared for that, and it won’t be so frustrating.
We were prepared for the price of food and drinks. Furthermore, we didn't find the pricing any more expensive than any other resort we've been to including various Hyatt and Marriott resorts we frequent. Therefore, the price of food and drinks was not a negative factor for us. We had our driver (Sandra Ferguson...highly recommend!!!) take us to the grocery and liquor store on the way to the resort to pick up a few things for the room, and that helped out a little, but we mostly ate and drank the resort's food and drinks. We ate at Mesa Grill one night, and it was fantastic! Again, we expected the high dollar meal, as it is a fine dining experience. You get what you pay for, and it was well worth it.
The teens and adults all thoroughly enjoyed the water slides, lazy river, casino, etc. The teens' favorite activity was the Cartoon Network obstacle course! They laughed about it until they got to the resort and actually saw it in person. Then the joke was how they were all going to blow through it like nothing. Well, the joke was on them...they had an absolute blast tumbling, falling, and climbing through all the obstacles, and they wished they could do it again! (These are teens 12-16!) Their other favorite activity was the teen club, Crush. They met a ton of other teens, danced their hearts out every night until 1am, and couldn't wait to go back the next night. This was great for the adults since, while they were there, it allowed us to go to the casino or to Aura, the adult club.
A couple of other notes...we ate dinner "off campus" two of the 4 nights we were there. Twin Brothers at "Fish Fry" was just okay, even though I've read otherwise. Maybe it was just an off night. We also ate at Poop Deck. It had a great atmosphere and the food was good. We didn't take snorkeling gear, and I wish we had, so we could look around under water. And, I think we would have enjoyed staying one more night in order to go on some sort of boat excursion, perhaps to another island.
Finally, despite some of the negative reviews, if you are a mostly positive person who is going on vacation to get away and enjoy your family, friends, and some fun rides and activities, you'll probably be able to overlook or deal with a few mishaps along the way. It is truly a resort that has something for everyone. If you want luxury, stay at the Cove (we stayed there when we went 6 years ago, and it was fabulous!) If you want to save a few bucks, stay at the Royal and get over the fact that it needs some updates. And, if you want to save a lot of money, Atlantis is not a budget resort, so you may want to consider a different vacation. We are planning to go back again when the kids are 18, and they can’t wait!

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite corner room in what used to be the club levels of the Royal Tower. They are a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Turkish first
Conway, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Atlantis in the Royal Towers. The grounds and lobby and restaurants are all amazing! The rooms however, were just regular hotel rooms. Nothing real fancy. I was surprised there was no balcony. I noticed some of the rooms had balconies, but not all of them, so if you want a balcony you will need to ask specifically for it. Everywhere you look at this resort there is something fun and interesting to see. From the amazing aquariums, the landscaping and the decorations, the details are awesome. The beach was nice and the water is very pretty. The Cove beach was the best. The water park is so fun! Everything here is expensive though. And everything little thing cost extra. Nothing is complimentary. It is a very large resort with lots and lots of people. This doesn't bother me, but if you are looking for peace and quiet this might not be the place for you. There are people everywhere! The lounges at the pools fill up early. We ate at several restaurants and they were all awesome! Mesa Grill was probably my favorite. Atlantis is definitely more of a family vibe than a couples vibe. It's a great place for a family vacation. Kids will definitely love it. Just bring a lot of extra spending money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

So, we checked in today for the first of four days, and I was already inclined to write this. Service, as you can imagine when reading the other reviews is not good. If you are used to "Disney level" service or service that you would get from 4 or 5 star hotels of this price, leave that expectation at home. No one here seems to live by any sort of customer service mantra. Therefore, if you can just be mellow about that, you'll be fine. I tried going with that attitude and lasted about 3 hours when it directly affected my 8 year old son's first day. What does not seem right is that they close ALL pools at 7pm. We're here in July. There are 11 pools according to their materials. Don't you think at least one would stay open for families who like to hang out in the evenings by the pool? My bad for not catching that little footnote before booking the trip, but really? We are in the Bahamas. Don't you think hanging out day AND NIGHT by the pool would be fun for people? Not only that, and here's where it really affected my son: the people working the water park slides are so anxious to close, that they shut the Leap of Faith slide at 6:50 pm WHILE there was still a line of about 30 people, some of whom had waited at least 15 minutes. We were 4 from the front of the line when they decide to close early, but what's worse is that right in front of us was a family. The dad got to go, but his daughters were told they couldn't. And of course the dad had no clue since he was down at the bottom. So, we all had to march back down the stairs after waiting that long. I tried to "reason" with the attendant that the "proper" way of closing a line was to shut it off at the bottom, but to allow those who were already in line to finish the ride. But, he said "not my decision," so I asked "who's decision" and then he pointed to a guy below. When I approached that guy with the same questions, he said he decided to close and that it was "too bad" that those in line couldn't go. Basically, he couldn't have cared less. So, I went to Guest Services inside. They were at least sympathetic ("what he did by closing that way was not right" he told me), but again, nothing really done. Funny thing was during that conversation, the gentlemen more or less admitted that they close all the pools and water areas that early to force people inside to the restaurants and others attractions. "It's a revenue thing" he said. Anyway, I get it's about making a buck, but these prices are ridiculous, and the service is apathetic. I don't know who the top management is, but I would hope there would be some sort of bottom down review as to why this lack of customer service or care is so pervasive. And at the very least, they need to re-visit the pool hours (please keep at least ONE open late) and NOT cut off people already in line from going down the slides. People come here for the water attractions and pools, even at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bronxville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We recently spent a day at Atlantis during our visit to Nassau Bahamas. This is extremely large property and the architecture is impressive. We spent much of the day on one of the several beaches on the property. Unlike the day we spent at Sandals, we found Atlantis to be much too large, busy, and impersonal. As my wife described it, this place is like a city within a city.

I have always wanted to visit this place, but left with just an ok feeling. Unlike Sandals, Atlantis also requires you to wear bracelets to identify you as day pass guests and has more limits to what you have access to and what food options you can have. Though the Atlantis day pass is cheaper, we much preferred our day stay at Sandals. I would say this though, Atlantis is in a different class of hotels as it is more family orientated. I would encourage visiting the hotel for the experience and maybe visiting the aquarium or water park.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Amazing aquarium and lots to see and do. Awesome location. Fun casino and water park. But the rooms were not that impressive. I didn't think the staff was nice and were a little rude. Everything is a cost!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the Atlantis a couple of years back. What sticks out to me the most was the amazing pool and the amazing beach area! The water is crystal clear and just great for swimming/chilling in. The casino is very cool at the Atlantis - much better than any other Caribbean casino I've visited. The food is obviously expensive - but hey, who comes to the Atlantis with a serious budget in mind? :)

I will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fairfax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Beautiful resort, best aquarium I have been too, but. The royal towers are not 5 star rooms, they nickel and dime everything on charges from baggage, towels, and maid service. Staff is not hospitable unless they are in direct contact with you or providing service directly to you. Beware fitness has charges per day. The Cove is where to stay but will cost you extra.

Room Tip: Stay away from Royal towers and book the Cove. Higher floors for better views. Beach front is beau...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!