“Very Cool!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
Conway, AR
“Very Cool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed 4 nights at Atlantis in the Royal Towers. The grounds and lobby and restaurants are all amazing! The rooms however, were just regular hotel rooms. Nothing real fancy. I was surprised there was no balcony. I noticed some of the rooms had balconies, but not all of them, so if you want a balcony you will need to ask specifically for it. Everywhere you look at this resort there is something fun and interesting to see. From the amazing aquariums, the landscaping and the decorations, the details are awesome. The beach was nice and the water is very pretty. The Cove beach was the best. The water park is so fun! Everything here is expensive though. And everything little thing cost extra. Nothing is complimentary. It is a very large resort with lots and lots of people. This doesn't bother me, but if you are looking for peace and quiet this might not be the place for you. There are people everywhere! The lounges at the pools fill up early. We ate at several restaurants and they were all awesome! Mesa Grill was probably my favorite. Atlantis is definitely more of a family vibe than a couples vibe. It's a great place for a family vacation. Kids will definitely love it. Just bring a lot of extra spending money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank fspicer

San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

So, we checked in today for the first of four days, and I was already inclined to write this. Service, as you can imagine when reading the other reviews is not good. If you are used to "Disney level" service or service that you would get from 4 or 5 star hotels of this price, leave that expectation at home. No one here seems to live by any sort of customer service mantra. Therefore, if you can just be mellow about that, you'll be fine. I tried going with that attitude and lasted about 3 hours when it directly affected my 8 year old son's first day. What does not seem right is that they close ALL pools at 7pm. We're here in July. There are 11 pools according to their materials. Don't you think at least one would stay open for families who like to hang out in the evenings by the pool? My bad for not catching that little footnote before booking the trip, but really? We are in the Bahamas. Don't you think hanging out day AND NIGHT by the pool would be fun for people? Not only that, and here's where it really affected my son: the people working the water park slides are so anxious to close, that they shut the Leap of Faith slide at 6:50 pm WHILE there was still a line of about 30 people, some of whom had waited at least 15 minutes. We were 4 from the front of the line when they decide to close early, but what's worse is that right in front of us was a family. The dad got to go, but his daughters were told they couldn't. And of course the dad had no clue since he was down at the bottom. So, we all had to march back down the stairs after waiting that long. I tried to "reason" with the attendant that the "proper" way of closing a line was to shut it off at the bottom, but to allow those who were already in line to finish the ride. But, he said "not my decision," so I asked "who's decision" and then he pointed to a guy below. When I approached that guy with the same questions, he said he decided to close and that it was "too bad" that those in line couldn't go. Basically, he couldn't have cared less. So, I went to Guest Services inside. They were at least sympathetic ("what he did by closing that way was not right" he told me), but again, nothing really done. Funny thing was during that conversation, the gentlemen more or less admitted that they close all the pools and water areas that early to force people inside to the restaurants and others attractions. "It's a revenue thing" he said. Anyway, I get it's about making a buck, but these prices are ridiculous, and the service is apathetic. I don't know who the top management is, but I would hope there would be some sort of bottom down review as to why this lack of customer service or care is so pervasive. And at the very least, they need to re-visit the pool hours (please keep at least ONE open late) and NOT cut off people already in line from going down the slides. People come here for the water attractions and pools, even at night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Jon N
Bronxville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We recently spent a day at Atlantis during our visit to Nassau Bahamas. This is extremely large property and the architecture is impressive. We spent much of the day on one of the several beaches on the property. Unlike the day we spent at Sandals, we found Atlantis to be much too large, busy, and impersonal. As my wife described it, this place is like a city within a city.

I have always wanted to visit this place, but left with just an ok feeling. Unlike Sandals, Atlantis also requires you to wear bracelets to identify you as day pass guests and has more limits to what you have access to and what food options you can have. Though the Atlantis day pass is cheaper, we much preferred our day stay at Sandals. I would say this though, Atlantis is in a different class of hotels as it is more family orientated. I would encourage visiting the hotel for the experience and maybe visiting the aquarium or water park.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ro W
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Amazing aquarium and lots to see and do. Awesome location. Fun casino and water park. But the rooms were not that impressive. I didn't think the staff was nice and were a little rude. Everything is a cost!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Akayj424
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed at the Atlantis a couple of years back. What sticks out to me the most was the amazing pool and the amazing beach area! The water is crystal clear and just great for swimming/chilling in. The casino is very cool at the Atlantis - much better than any other Caribbean casino I've visited. The food is obviously expensive - but hey, who comes to the Atlantis with a serious budget in mind? :)

I will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin M
Fairfax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Beautiful resort, best aquarium I have been too, but. The royal towers are not 5 star rooms, they nickel and dime everything on charges from baggage, towels, and maid service. Staff is not hospitable unless they are in direct contact with you or providing service directly to you. Beware fitness has charges per day. The Cove is where to stay but will cost you extra.

Room Tip: Stay away from Royal towers and book the Cove. Higher floors for better views. Beach front is beau...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Harry H
Lubbock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We just returned from the Bahamas. I would like to warn you on what I was unaware of. Everything cost from Wi-Fi to waterbikes. We thought all this was included in our hotel stay, boy were we wrong! The price of food at the waterpark is like you would pay at any amusement park. The restaurants on property are very expensive and you do not find out the prices until you get the actual menu. We stayed 6 days and 3 would have been enough. The beaches were nice. Best rides there were the abyss and river rapids. I hope this helps!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter. The royal tower is the most central to everything on property.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
#3 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 2,054 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph ...
#11 of 15 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 stars 3,095 reviews
Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph...
#10 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 2,066 reviews
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!