“Nice resort with a lot of activities available” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
End of Summer Sale
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Nice resort with a lot of activities available”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

This resort is in a remarkably beautiful Oceanside setting. It has quite a selection of beaches, and swimming pools, but our favorite attraction was the incredible Aquarium that they have located on site.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (921)
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

great place,excellent service and not far from Nassau!!
Bahamas Islands are between my fav islands in Caribbean and once you go to Nassau it worth going to Atlantis as well!!! You got a beautiful free beach and a lot of fun with swimming pool,aquarium etc

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
LI, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great place to go for a quick weekend celebration.( 2 1/2 hr flight from NY. ) Need a passport Roundtrip.Shuttle to Atlantis is around$25 pp. I needed a handicap shuttle with a lift and that was $250 round trip. I don't know if it is because there was 6 people or if I would have paid that if I was alone. The shuttle company was Majestic Tours, the driver had a sign and greeted us at the airport which started the trip pleasantly. Took about 20 min- 1/2 hr to get to hotel. Arriving at hotel at 3pm ..rooms were not ready.Seems to have been a skeleton crew all weekend, probably because it was off season and not very crowded.
Dolphin Cay...book through hotel $150 pp to swim with dolphins. We chose the deeper water swim but you actually get pushed by the dolphin once, spend about 30min waiting for each person in the group to have picture with dolphin, go to class for 1/2 hr, put wet suit on.....you are actually with dolphins for 15 min at most., not individually...nice memory as they speak about it , but very frustrating at the time. I just watched, not for the handicapped.It is not in a pool, but a beautiful mademade natural beach setting.
Casino... Slot machines had $6 max to win progressiveDon't expect to win. Good to pass the time. Table games were full and seemed to have some winners.
Waterpark is fantastic for kids and adults. My adult children had a blast because it was empty and no lines. I hear that in season, a 1/2 hr wait for slides .
Restaurants..Mesa Grill.. was walkable from Royal Towers. Excellent atmosphere and food.
Dune...need a shuttle to get there and the shuttles do not fit a scooter or even a wheelchair. The step to get on is extremely high also. Luckily I had my pit crew(my sons) who disassembled scooter and were able to lift it and put it across 2 seats. I don't think a folding wheelchair would have fit.They also lifted me to put me on the shuttle. After all this, Dune was a disappointment. The restaurant is so loud, like a cafeteria. I ordered lobster which did say had curry, but I expected a little dab, unfortunately they smothered the lobster in it and all you tasted was curry...mia culpa! The rest of the family was not impressed with their dinners either, after all the hype that had been made about this place. Not worth the price.
Was a wonderful weekend with my family and though expensive, would do it again , maybe with a little
more research .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Graytown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

In 2011 I visited Atlantis for the first time while being a guest (freely comped) by another local Casino/Resort. I enjoyed their machines since they had an enormous selection compared to the facility at which my group was staying. I was offered numerous times "promotions" including 4-5 free nights at Coral towers or Royal towers. Never did I accept any offers not knowing for certain when I could go back. Over Labor Day my friend and I took another trip visiting Bahamas, once again staying elsewhere...... FREE........ We attended the Michael Buble' concert (FREE tickets), and decided to use 1 night of my FREE??? room offers. Recently we got the American Express statement charging us for the room ($136.70 plus 1 bottle of water which neither of us even touched) with that charge of $3.75. When I called my host questioning this, I was informed that even though they would remove the $79 charge for the room, we still must pay the " UTILITY FEE?? AND TAX?????" leaving us a bill of $61 for the NOT SO FREE COMPED ROOM.... they never at any time explained this to us or even commented this would be expected....I have traveled a great deal going to different Casinos/Resorts etc and not one time have I ever, ever had an issue with this...... Sorry Atlantis...... While you do have a beautiful facility, I will not patronize your establishment in the future visits....... Thousands in exchange for a measly $61 ??? I don't think so!!!!

Room Tip: Not complimentary based on your play even though they tell you they are....... You still are charged...
Lacombe, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am staying at Sunrise Beach Villas, I am trying to work out at the Atlantis Fitness Center. I don't want to gamble at the Casino. I just want to work out. I get stopped by two security personnel they say I need to call and make an appointment since I am not a guest at the hotel. I go to guest services and call the fitness center. The lady says that all I need to do is just get to the fitness center. I go back to the security check point and I am stopped again. Its frustrating because all I wanted to do was work out. I have contemplated speaking to the hotel manager. I was interested in maybe staying there in the future. But I dont think I will!!!!! There should have been better customer service! I am NOT IMPRESSED ATLANTIS!!!!!!! Lyle Notice

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We just returned from the Atlantis for a long weekend. Stayed in the Royal Towers - had a beautiful view of the ocean and the grounds and even into the harbor where the cruise ships docked. The room has been updated since we were there last - new counters and storage space in the bathroom, although not sure why someone decided the hot and cold spigots should be reversed! The bed linens etc. were new and the maid service was spot on each day! I have never understood not having the convenience of some vending machinces on the floors, even if they want to charge their typical higher prices, at least make it an option. I found the majority of the staff throughout ther esort were definitely friendly and usually greeted you along the way. The resort definitely needs some TLC - chipped posts and some noticeable wear and tear on the outside of some of the buildings could use some attention. It will be interesting to see what impact the new Baha Mar Resort will have on an island once dominated by the Atlantis resort - I sincerely hope only good as I love this place!

Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We spend three nights at the Bahamas, I recommend to plan for a week or at least 5 night there the Atlantis Resort is awesome, many thing to do inside with an excellent service and security, that you feel like in your own house. It is expensive but, I think it is worth, You will find beautiful beaches and amazing islands around. I highly recommend to go there and stay at this wonderful resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paradise Island
The Reef Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
Comfort Suites Paradise Island
#3 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,873 reviews
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Beach Tower, Autograph ...
#13 of 15 in Paradise Island
3.5 of 5 stars 2,943 reviews
The Cove Atlantis, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph Collection
Atlantis Coral Towers, Autograph...
#11 of 15 in Paradise Island
4.0 of 5 stars 1,765 reviews
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Been to Atlantis Royal Towers, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!