“Fun place to stay but expect to pay!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$350 in Added Value!
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Florence
“Fun place to stay but expect to pay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay. Beautiful as always. Drinks are also pretty awesome. First time we went off the island to the fish fry but wouldn't go back. Too slow and had a sketchy cab ride back. This time, we ate at some of the restraunts in the property. The lazy river is amazing. Some of the lines were long on the slides when the cruise ships came in but not too bad. Drinks were always tasty. The only complaint was the service by the staff around the pool and bars( inside and by pool). They did not seem happy or ready to serve at all! We've been to Jamaica , Hawaii and other places and had much happier servers. Reminded me of some of the service you get here in the states at fast food restraunts. "I'll get to you when I'm ready ". Very disappointed in this department. I'm sure this is an awesome job to have if you live in Nassau so show it! If I were a gm, I'd get this fixed. Service is one thing that brings you back.
Now that being said, there were several that were really nice (front desk, room service and the waitress at the pool restaurant ). Also, the casino was fun and Plato bar had an awesome singer who did a great Whitney Houston! Cuban cigars were available on premise too. If we come again, kids will be coming. Just trying to figure out how much it would cost.

• Stayed February 2013

2,666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I booked a 4 night stay at the Royal Towers through Costco.com's travel service and had a wonderful time. Though the food and amenities were very expensive, we expected it and didn't let it bother us. We didn't have a single bad meal served to us: everything was delicious (especially from Mesa Grill and Nobu). The staff was very friendly, we enjoyed the on-site activities (deep-sea swimming with Dolphins, Aquaventure, Casino, Aquariums, Movie Theater, Marina Village etc.) and despite the crowds that came in with the cruise ships (which was the only downer we had to face), we still did not have to wait long for anything we wanted.

Our room was clean and spacious, we loved the view from our Balcony, and the expensive wifi(~$20 a day) deterred us from facebooking our honeymoon away. We enjoyed having everything we needed/wanted within walking distance from our room (and we didn't even mind the extra-long walks, which ultimately kept us from gaining weight on this trip). I would advise those who are looking to stay at Atlantis to book with Royal Towers. You get a card that gives you access to free drinks/meals at fancy exciting restaurants (no gimmick or hidden strings attached), free movie theater access, free aquarium access, and daily free access to Aquaventure (otherwise, you would be paying hundreds more to enjoy these lovely attractions).

We will be saving up and coming back with our future children for sure!

Room Tip: Getting a room with the view of the ocean and resort is well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We came to the Atlantis hotel looking forward to an exciting vacation and unfortunately what we found out is that the Hotel has turned more like an amusement park. It really has been an inconvenience to get food or any kind of service mainly because of the cruise ships that constantly keep coming with hundreds of people making it also inconvenient to get on the rides. For us this is going to be our last time going to this hotel. We really were thinking that this was a 5 star resort, but clearly this is no longer the case. We ordered towels and were told that there would be a 30 minutes or less and it has been 2 hours and we still haven't received them as of yet. We also have had some encounters with some unpleasant staff members.

Rosalina Brecher California

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had another great trip to the Atlantis this summer! However, beware--took my pool supplies to the grotto pool at 9:30am (fairly empty at this time since cruise guests had not yet arrived). I was still wearing my running clothes--so, it appeared as if I was dropping off and going back to the room. The only people anywhere around were the EnviroScape contract crew members. I left the supplies spread out over four chairs and went back to the towel hut a little closer to Royal Towers--a two minute walk. Came right back with my towels and my Brighton flip flops had been taken! The employee who had been around the pool was long gone--believe me I looked for him everywhere-I had spoken to him and said "good morning". I also looked in all the garbage cans and lawn leaf bags I could find---gone. Reported stolen to security--nothing--don't count on the Atlantis security giving a flip! Atlantis staff did not seem surprised either--indicated that the landscape crew were contracted and not employees. DO NOT LEAVE anything valuable around the pool--I can lose a $50 pair of flip flops but don't chance your passport or jewelry!

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is possibly the most over-hyped/over-priced hotel in the world. I have stayed at more then 500 hotels in the past 20 years and seen hundreds more. We stayed here for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. I can imagine it was quite nice when it was originally constructed but it is getting quite dated/old/tired at this point. The worst part, however, is the number of people and children. It's so busy/crowded/loud. The lazy river was nice and the pools (though tired) were decent--but very crowded. The beach was small but the water was VERY clear and the sand was beautiful. That said, not many people were swimming because of the tiny JELLYFISH that constantly sting you while you're in the water. I'm really not being dramatic in this review. I usually give high reviews of hotels because we research the heck out of hotels before we go so we usually only stay at good places. This hotel, however, was chosen by my sister.

The 2 stars is a rating based on the price/hype of this hotel. If is was significantly cheaper the rating would accordingly be higher.

I highly suggest eating off the island at more local places. You'll save a ton of money even taking into consideration the cab fare. Very good food at some of the places around town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Philadelphia, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I took my family of 9 to Atlantis for our first visit to this well marketed vacation wonder of The Bahamas. Needless to say, and well understood before we went, this vacation would be costly....just short of the national debt! I will give you our thoughts in order.

Good
1. Visual outdoor beauty everywhere

2. Great special attractions...Dolphin Cay, The Dig, etc

3. Prompt attention from Guest Services

4. Overall friendly staff

5. Good food ........Carmines was exceptional...thanks Chef!

Bad

1. Casino a huge disappointment. Free beverage servers only hung around the big betters and pricey tables looking for large tips. Terrible odor permeates the entire first floor including the lobby area from smokers.

2. Pools close at 6-7 pm? Why is this when a memorable moment would be to swim at night ?

3. While grounds are beautifully landscaped, litter is often seen in the morning from the previous day that should have been cleaned up. ( towels, glasses, articles of clothing, plastic cups, etc)

4. Very difficult to navigate this huge property which makes getting to any destination a navigational challenge. Takes at least 2 days to understand.

5. I got writers cramp signing my name for everything that I already had paid for including the dining plan. You need better computer software to fix this. Millions of trees could be saved!

6. If you are a wristband collector, you'll be in heaven. Need a wristband for every activity, and if you are there with several guests, you'll need a manager to override the computer to make sure you get the proper number of wristbands since the computers are constantly screwing up how many are in your party. Again, a software issue.

7. Rooms are truly outdated for a property that bills itself as amazing, and charges you amazing prices. Very drab décor.

Ugly:

1. Toilets, phones, TVs, AC controls, often do not function properly. We had to change rooms twice as a result.

2. Cruise ships bring large amounts of outsiders to Atlantis daily on passes to use the facilities, which adds to large volumes of traffic at the pools, slides, etc. Obviously they are marketing this property any way they can, so your expensive stay is shared with day use folks, and therefore not exclusive.

3. Extra and hidden charges for everything, plus much higher prices for common goods than expected. Tanning lotion....$27.00, a small soft drink....$4.00, a newspaper...$6.00, phone access fee of $3.00 per call, and servers expecting additional tips added to the already imposed 15% fee on every bill.

4. Unpleasant room odors....major plumbing renovations needed....smoke odor in non smoking rooms.

5. Exposed electrical wires in numerous places on the grounds.

6. Inattentive lifeguards at pools and water adventures

7. No real nighttime shows.

8. Very little for young teens to do after 7pm. Crush teen nightclub charges for them to get in?

9. Very little for families to do after 7pm...too many R films at theater and you can only stare at the fish in the aquariums for so long before both get bored.

In general, we enjoyed ourselves, but when asked, all 9 of our party preferred to go somewhere else next year. Most preferred to return to the large oceanfront home at Holden Beach, NC.

Room Tip: Stay at Coral Towers......or if you want to part with even more money, The Cove. Royal Towers are in...
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Even if you are a traveler on a tight budget this place is one to experience even if it is once in a lifetime. From all the activities,places to eat,places to shop and over all size of this resort a 10 day stay will find you always excited with never enough time to take in all the fun this place has to offer.

Room Tip: Royal tower main pool view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantis - Royal Towers? Share your experiences!