We knew the Atlantis Resort would be good. We had no idea how good! The property itself has to be the singularly most amazing resort on the planet. It is an absolute must-see marvel of human achievement in vision, design, delivery and experience. And it must have cost an absolute fortune to build - so be prepared to pay your part - this kind of experience is not for the traveller who puts cost first - you can find cheaper beaches and adventures - but you cannot find better ones. Save your extra bucks so at least once in your life you get to experience this resort.
Our room was awesome - it was a Oceanview Regal Suite - a complimentary upgrade - not sure why or how but next time we'll book this room for sure. It was so spacious and had a large lanai and an amazing view of the whole resort and ocean.
Service was super super friendly - the Bahamians are very cheerful - don't expect snobby service - it's not, it's friendly and kind.You can't be in a rush, because they won't be - but know that going in and you'll be fine.
I have to say after reading some of the reviews we almost didn't book this trip. That would have been the worst decision. We travel often and this trip was by far the best of our life - better than the 3 Disney cruises we have done, hawaii, Spain and so on. The best yet. In fact, we aren't sure where we'll go next because the Atlantis was that good. So, what we thought was a bucket list trip might become an annual event.
By the way, we saw Cody Simpson in concert for free up close (his next stop was opening for Justin Beiber in DC) and we saw Evander Holyfield everywhere. This place was star-studded. Next time we'll watch to see who is performing there because it is a neat experience to see such huge stars in such a small venue.
Wanna see our experience? We made a fun video Gangnam style to showcase it all http://youtu.be/W1EMFSaVqmE
With regard to the meal plan - we took the strategy that food is very expensive there so instead of feeling bad about it, get the meal plan and relax because "it is what it is" - but while the meal plan was good value if you are a big big big eater, we ended up wanting to eat our money's worth and came home with extra chins. Next time we'll probably pay the same overall by ordering only what we want, getting to choose where we eat, getting less food mind you, but not have an extra set of bags on our rear end coming home. ha ha. Sidenote - the food is AMAZING! Virgil's BBQ is to DIE for. It was our favorite.
Hope you have a great vacation wherever you choose to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Royal Towers are the most reflective of mythical Atlantis, featuring grand architecture, artwork and design. Standard rooms have one king or two queen beds, a sitting area, French balconies, and suites have full balconies. All rooms and suites offer terrace, harbour or water views. These towers are closest to Mandara Spa, the Fitness Center, Aquaventure, Atlantis Kids Adventures, the Dig, Casino, two main pools, and several gourmet dining options. Royal Towers offers 128 concierge-level guestrooms, accessed by high-speed, keyed elevators offering the highest level of service and access to the Imperial Club. Complimentary breakfast served daily and in the afternoon hors devours and cocktails are on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Atlantis - Royal Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Royal Hotel
- Atlantis Royal Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Royal Towers
- Royal Towers Atlantis
- Royal Towers Of Atlantis
- Atlantis - Royal Towers Bahamas/Paradise Island