We just returned from a week at Harborside. We had a great time and our weather was fabulous. It was absolutely off season for us - about 75% in Harborside and 45% in the hotels. Marcia checked us in - and as first timers, she took a few extra minutes to show us around the property and talk about the activities offered.
- The cluster of Harborside buildings are in perfect proximity to the marina, Marina Village, a strip center with liquor store, bank, small straw market and Anthony's - a great restaurant.
- There are very few rooms with a "fabulous" view - so if that is important to you - stay somewhere else. We were in building 4 and loved our easy walk to the pool, marina, lobby and exit of property.
- The place is crawling with cheerful staff. Too many of them in fact :-)
- The pool is very large with a great children's area, outdoor ping pong, pool and shuffleboard. There is a kiddie pool.
- The Point Restaurant is available for BLD and there is a poolside drink station with icecream, hot dogs and wrap sandwiches.
The bus service to the other hotels was excellent - never really waited more than 5 minutes for a shuttle.
The reason I can't give this a 5 star is that there is no view, food and everything is too expensive, a little noisy, and our inability to quickly access a beach was unfortunate (3/4 mile walk after shuttle). The outdated furnishings didn't bother us and the bed was super comfy.