Our flight to Bahamas was about 8 hours with a stopover in panama. We were picked up at the airport and it was going smooth so far. When we arrived at Atlantis, Paradise Island, the place was amazing. So we checked in and were told that they gave us a room with a view. We were staying at Harborside.
When we checked in we realized that the room had no bathtub and rails in the shower. Confused we were told that the room was for differently abled individuals but they gave us for the view.
We told them that this will not do and they changed the room for us. Shockingly the bed in the new room was not made up and there was garbage in the bins. It appeared as if someone had checked out and the room was not cleaned.
So we called front desk again and they told us they would give us another room.
By this time my friend and I decided we would go to dinner and come back to our new cleaned room.
To our dismay the bed in that room was also not made up and there was garbage in the bins again. Well my friend went to the front desk and politely insisted that we get clean sheets and the room cleaned.
About 20 minutes later room attendants and a supervisor came and thoroughly clean the room and apologized. Finally clean sheets.
We ultimately got our desired room and with an amazing view.
We arrived at Atlantis around 5 pm and got this sorted after 11 pm.
Anyway, after our eventful first day the other 8 days were perfect. Our rooms were always clean when we returned from our day’s activities and housekeeping did not once disturb us.
Again Atlantis is an amazing place.
Shuttles always available to take you around the compound, which is huge.
There are lots of activities for both kids and adults.
Harborside is amazing. The rooms have a full kitchen with great appliances. Also has washer/dryer, bathtub, Bose CD payer and that view....WOW.
While that one day would not hinder us from going back to Atlantis and Harborside, management must take note and make sure rooms are ready for quests.
And according to my friend surely we should have been awarded with and upgrade.
Thanks for a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island