“BEAUTIFUL but bring your walking shoes.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Amazing Savings!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
New York City, New York
“BEAUTIFUL but bring your walking shoes.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Atlantis is perfect for ALL AGES. We went with children, teenagers and grandparents and there was something for everyone. Everyone was happy and not bored. Purchase the meal plan because the price for food is ridiculous.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Roscoe, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family enjoyed a perfect vacation at this resort! Our room was clean - we asked for a corner unit since we only had a one bedroom - and it was a very nice size. Plenty of room for a family of four including two young adult sons. The pool was great and never very busy. We picked up our wristbands at the Harborside pool each day before taking the shuttles to the water park. The Atlantis is an awesome property and we felt it was a great value to exchange for this location. The staff at the entire property were extremely friendly and helpful - we were impressed! We read other helpful reviews before going and avoided the high priced restaurants. The shuttle for groceries was convenient but you should know that they put your groceries in a big box - not bags so be careful how much heavy stuff you buy as you have to carry the box from the lobby back to your villa. We brought a jar of peanut butter and jelly with us from home. One night we went to Virgil's BBQ where they serve family style. We brought home extra pulled pork to eat for lunch so go there early in the week. Quizno's was a good option ($57) for lunch for 4 although pricier than back home. The pizza at the marina was good too. You can get $9-11 meals at the snack shops on property with free refills and the food was good. Drinks are expensive but you are in paradise!! The room charge feature is very convenient so you don't have to bring any cash or credit cards to the water rides. Read all the reviews you can before you go. A lot of very helpful tips! We had an awesome week at a fabulous property and didn't spend a ton of money because we planned ahead. Enjoy!

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Family of four...2 daughters ages 21 and 9 so needed to find a place to satisfy everyone. Atlantis is awesome - no doubt there, read those reviews. We have Delta Skymiles so as long as I book the trip as a group, we each get a free piece of checked luggage. I packed one suitcase FULL of snacks. Pop-tarts, cereal (take the bag out of the box, duh), Triscuits, oatmeal packets, micro popcorn, PEANUT BUTTER, solo cups, freezable ice packs, mini bottles, ziploc baggies, can of Pam, non-stick foil, crystal light, COFFEE, coffee filters, sweetner, mac-n-cheese, Saltines, straws, Tervis Tumblers, empty water bottles, you get the idea...anything non-perishable and remotely packable (yes, airport security did rifle through it but most everything survived) but this will save you a TON of cha-ching. Just think about what you/kids would want poolside. Use one of your allotted carry on bags for a cooler of some sort, (we have fab large insulated Lilly Pulitzer cooler bag) and packed it full of even more snacks - chex mix, chips, etc - which came in handy for a snack at the airport or while waiting for check-in. Pay for a taxi to take you across bridge to "cheap" grocery store. Def no USDA/Health Inspections around here so just suck it up and get through it but check everything before purchase. Tip the sweet bag boys - they are precious. Make friendly with your taxi driver, tip him well first time and he is at your beck and call all week (don't forget to get his card with a name and number-bell boys will gladly call them for you). Liquor/beer store right beside the Super Saver grocery. Liquor is cheap, beer/wine not so much but still less expensive than beer at the resort. Only one trip to grocery and bought eggs, butter, milk, juice, steaks, bag of potatoes,lettuce, tomatoes, hamburger meat (for spaghetti), water (buy the gallon jugs and fill your bottles each day although the water from faucet wasn't all that bad), chicken breasts, sausage patties, and several other things - spent $134. We cooked breakfast each day, packed up the cooler with beer, cups, snacks, etc. and hopped the ever convenient shuttles. Only purchased lunch at Atlantis twice and hit the bar a couple of times. Everything comes with automatic 15% gratuity included (which actually saves you $$ if you typically tip 20%). Everything is not "cashless" - but each venue has a clearly stated sign that will let you know if it is a "cashless" establishment or not. Don't panic about internet access/usage...we experienced either no wait/short wait for computers in lobby while waiting for shuttle (also a library somewhere you can use). Of course, we had auto email messages letting people know that we were "totally unavailable" but were still able to check emails and not feel obligated to respond. Harborside does not have ice machines but go to the poolside restaurant and play the "tourist" card...the will fill you up :) Throw in a pack of UNO and Phase 10 cards for quick entertainment on plane and at the room. In a nutshell, an absolutely AMAZING family vacation as we narrow down the years that we still have our college girl with us. A moment after I post this, I'm sure I will think of 100 more tips/tricks...but I did my best :) Enjoy!!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

After my second stay at Harborside I realized that this is one of the only recent vacation spots that I get any real rest with my kids. Even though its located on tourist trap island, I love waking up to look at my dream yachts with Atlantis across the harbor. Its very inspiring! The staff is the same staff that greeted me last time I stayed here two years ago and they are very friendly and helpful. We have found out how to save costs by cooking and hitting up our new found spots! See you in maybe a year or two!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the harbor!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I'm not exactly sure how this place could get bad reviews. From the moment, my wife and I walked in, we were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy; and the staff was extremely helpful. I don't remember the name of the Front Desk person working from 1400 to 0600. But she was so helpful with a particular event that my wife and I experienced. I would like to say Thank You so much for her help.

The room was great. We had a room with a river and partial pool-side view. During the week, the USA Today paper would delivered at your door. I would like to wake up early and read the paper with a good cup of coffee. On beautiful sunny mornings, we would cook and have breakfast out on the the little bacony.

Now, the food at various eatries on Paradise Island can get VERY expensive!! So I highly recommend going to the closest local supermarket and buy as much food as you can carry. The resort can recommend a taxi service for $7USD round trip per person to the supermarket. We would eat out of the room for at least one meal. This should help save some money on the budget.

Finally...I highly recommend Cheryl Wells. Our taxi driver to and from the resort. She extremely helpful, trust-worthy and loves to answer questions. Ask her about her grandchildren, it was obvious she has a close and caring family. Her cell phone number is 242-565-1997.

And to the resort...I do recommend putting in mesh screen doors. This may help with keeping the energy costs down, when guests would like to part-take in the river/ocean breeze.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Harborside at Atlantis for a week in a small 1-bedroom. Per other reviews, I made arrangements for pickup with Sandra Ferguson of Fergies Taxi and asked for a "stop and shop" on our way to the resort. Due to my food allergies I needed to find an organic grocery store and they recently opened a Solomon's Fresh Market not far from the bridge to Paradise Island in the Harbour Bay Shopping Center. We bought a week's worth of groceries then headed to the resort. As we were arriving well after the 4pm check-in time, I wasn't worried about not receiving a room right away and the groceries having to sit out.

Check-in at the resort was a little slow but nothing to complain about. We were given a room in building 7, the same building where we checked in and also where the two computers are located for your free 15 minutes of web access per day. Except for the carpet (huge stains in the dining area and my socks turned dark on the bottom from walking on it) the room was in great shape. The furniture seemed new and was spotless. We even used the sofa cushions to make a toddler bed on the floor. I removed the bedding off the bed one day and the mattress itself was spotless and appeared new (Sealy Posturpedic pillow top). We asked for a high chair and received it promptly. Our TV remote wasn't working and they brought us new ones right away. Service overall was very very good.

Our bedroom window overlooked the marina full of yachts and main part of the resort. It was a gorgeous view. The window is actually a sliding glass door with a few inches of balcony. The bedroom was full of light, but the rest of the unit was pretty dark and we had to use lights during the day. The window in the living room was very large but since it looks onto the covered walkway it doesn't get enough direct light to light up the living area. However, the lights in the unit were extremely bright and I actually had to take a couple out of the kitchen ceiling. The marina lights did light up the bedroom at night because the curtains are not covered at the top. It bothered me, but I was able to sleep.

The kitchen had a full size fridge, 2-burner glass cook top and combo convection oven/microwave above the stove. I was very happy to see the combo convection oven/microwave because I was only expecting a microwave and I ended up using the convection oven a lot. It baked as well as a real oven but perhaps a tad slower. I did frozen french fries in it as well as chicken and fish that I started in a pan and finished in the oven. The kitchen was stocked with service for 4, coffee maker, blender, can opener, potato peeler, potato masher, wine and beer bottle openers, salad bowl, soup serving bowl, serving platter, baking dish with glass lid, large 10qt(?) stock pot, large sauce pan, small sauce pan (all with lids), 12in(?) skillet, spatula and large spoons as well as serving spoons and fork and a whole set of cutting knives and steak knives. The pots and pans were all Cuisinart stainless steel, not aluminum. We were also given a small bottle of dish soap, two packets of dishwasher detergent, small box of tide, box of 2 bounty dryer sheets, roll of paper towels and two disposable dish towels (not very absorbent). Per other reviews, I brought my own sponges, dish towels and some extra dishwasher detergent in a ziplock. I also brought my own non-stick skillet for cooking eggs as well spices in ziplock bags.

Harborside has a nice zero-entry swimming pool. It has spray equipment for kids, although not suitable for babies or toddlers. There is also a hot tub and 1ft baby pool next to the pool. The baby pool has a tiled 1ft step to get in, which is slippery and a bit dangerous. Next to every pool is a rack of life jackets for little kids with a crotch strap. We brought one of our own not knowing they would be so plentiful and have crotch straps. All the pools all over Atlantis closed at 7pm. The Point (bar/grill) next to the Harborside pool and the hot tub stayed open until 10pm. It would be really nice if there was at least one pool at Atlantis that stayed open late because it was still quite warm in the evenings but very little to do other than shopping or the casino. Harborside also had a fitness room next to the pool, as well as an outside pool table and deck shuffleboard. The grounds at Harborside (and at Atlantis as a whole) were gorgeous and everyone (including the locals downtown) was extremely friendly and easy to strike up a conversation with. I felt safe and at ease there and in downtown Nassau.

Although Harborside has a great shuttle service (fast and never wait long) to all areas of the Atlantis Resort, we mostly walked everywhere to enjoy the nice weather and scenery. From the check-in area if you walk half a block down the road past the guard stand, cross the main road, you'll be at the ferry docks to take you to downtown Nassau (5 minute walk). We did this one day and really enjoyed it. The Straw Market was right across from where the ferries land. If you instead turn left on the main road and pass the hotel next door you'll be at the entrance to the Marina Village (5 minute walk). Marina Village had live music, Ben and Jerry's ice cream and several restaurants and shops. The shops all seemed to stay open very late. If instead you walk past the entrance to the Marina Village and cross the street there's a shopping center, Dunkin Donuts and a small grocery store. Dunkin Donuts has free wifi. I couldn't get the access codes they gave us to work, but I met others later that said it worked for them. If you walk all the way through the Marina Village you will end up at the entrance to the Casino (top of the stairs) or enter the tunnel behind the pizzeria and you'll end up at Starbucks and I believe, club Crush (5 minute walk through Marina Village). You can turn right (at Ben and Jerry's I believe) and end up at the entrance to the Coral Towers and Convention Center. Alternatively, you can walk on the marina boat docks starting behind building 7 all the way past Marina Village to the Casino entrance. This is a lovely 10 minute walk.

Other reviewers said they did not have wifi in their rooms but we did. We didn't want to pay $20 per day to use it though. However, when I connected my phone to the wifi network my GMail automatically downloaded without paying but my other email app would not. The two computers in the lobby were often free early in the morning but constantly being used at other times and so there was a sign up sheet and then you had to sit there and wait. Some people would jump on without signing up and be on for far more than their 15 free minutes. Often though, other guests would hurry if they saw people waiting and not use the full 15 minutes. They shut off the computers at 7:30pm. This perturbed me a little bit and I would suggest they extend this to at least 11pm. On the other hand, the Sundry Store next to the front desk was still open at 11pm. It was well stocked with butter, eggs, milk, orange juice, water, gatorade and other drinks, ice cream and desserts and some frozen foods, dry goods like crackers and chips as well as beach toys, sunblock, and pretty much anything else you might need. The prices were higher than back home but not substantially more than at the grocery store in Nassau.

At the ferry docks my husband was suckered into saying yes to a "not-a-timeshare" presentation for Ocean Reef that would take 1 to 1.5 hours and they'd give us $100. The lady said she'd pick us up and drive us to the presentation. She picked us up at 11:30am and we got back at almost 4pm! Two others in the car on the way back said they were gone for 3 hours. I highly recommend saying "no" to this. The deal itself is a membership to a vacation exchange club that gives you discounts on timeshare properties along with a few other perks, but I've since read people on the Ocean Reef reviews saying they were scammed (our sales staff was Apex International). On the other hand, Harborside itself offered us $100 to do their timeshare presentation, which we did, and they were polite and not as pushy as I expected, which I presume is because their inventory is nearly sold out.

One more thing I'd like to add that might be useful info for others going to Atlantis-Harborside is about getting a Batelco SIM card for your cellphone. We wanted to get Batelco SIM cards for our GSM cell phones that T-mobile was kind enough to unlock for us. There is a Airport Business Center in the domestic terminal of the airport which is just a short walk from the international terminal. I've read they sell SIM cards there for $18, but when we arrived they were already closed. Had we known they would be closed (no hours listed on their website) we could have requested an appointment for when our flight arrived by e-mailing them or calling them ahead of time. A couple days later we went to downtown Nassau on the ferry boats and asked a local where the Batelco store was. It was just a couple blocks away. They sell SIM cards for $10 there but were "sold out" when we arrived late in the day. The grocery store in the shopping center across from the Marina Village also sells SIM cards but they were asking $30, so we passed.

Overall, we had a great vacation and definitely plan to come back in the future with additional family. I'm giving 4 stars because the carpet was in such bad shape, otherwise I would give 5 stars.

Room Tip: There's a road tunnel that passes between some of the buildings which creates considerable road...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We spent a week here for our honeymoon (4/28-5/5). We are owners so we did not pay any additional money to be there. We stayed in building 5 in a corner one bdrm. We had a view of the marina and side view of the pool.
The resort was very clean and the staff was awesome - especially the ladies at the front desk (Melinda was great to us).
Nothing was really terrible for us. We spent most of our time at Atlantis.
Atlantis - beautiful place. The resort and beaches were awesome. We got a couple massage at the spa - very nice. We even saw a movie at the FREE theatre.
Food - The food was overpriced on the resort, of course. We walked over the bridge and ate at twin brothers for halve the price. We took a taxi to Senor Frogs with a few people we met. We also took a taxi to the "fish fry" - an ok experience. We took the shuttle to the grocery store and picked up breakfast, snacks and liquor. The meat looked horrible - didn't take any chances. It was very nice to have this option - saved a lot of money.

Room Tip: Building 5 is good if you have a marina and/or pool view. Building 7 is where the front desk is - yo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantis - Harborside Resort? Share your experiences!