“better than the hotel but check your room” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$350 in Added Value!
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Coto De Caza
“better than the hotel but check your room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

this our 3rd time at atlantis and 2nd time at harbourside. there were 14 of us in 3 rooms.
good points: they did a great job getting us close together..rooms with full kitchens are great to avoid paying for breakfast etc on the grounds which is EXPENSIVE (30 for kids and 50 for adults buffet). it is great to have washer/dryer to do laundry saves on bringing clothes. pack some food for the first breakfast since you will prob arrive to late to go shopping. definitely go to the market off the island it is 20-30% cheaper than the market near the condo complex.

bad points: we had too much stuff that didnt work. in all rooms the line 1 of the phone was static city.. only line 2 worked. we wanted a roll away and it was a pain getting one delivered. if you are not paying cash (using a time share week to be there) then you do not get room service till 4 days after you arrive. know that since the towels get messy after 2-3 days. i guess u could wash them but then remember to get soap. also bring your own coffee. if you are not paying to be there then they dont do coffee either. there was no trash basket in the room and it took 2 days to get one. weird. the clocks in all the rooms were at different times and once we reset them they changed again. weird.

i guess taht was it. they were re-doing the pool when we were there so there was not place to go for food or pool except atlantis. no evening bar except atlantis. etc etc..

but i still like it vs the hotel. more convenient to stretch out on a couch than sit on a bed watching tv

Room Tip: not sure it matters if you are high or low. bldg 5 is closest to the pool so that is good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
As your review highlights, Harborside is perfect for family vacations and reunions. It fills us with pride to know that you have chosen Harborside for such an occasion. In reference to the issue with your phones, the upgrades to our phone system continue. We hope to have this issue resolved in the near future. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

1,014 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

For a family vacation at Atlantis, this is the way to go. The rooms at Harborside are set up for families. Very roomy with a full kitchen. As you would have heard by no doubt that Atlantis is expensive and having a full kitchen allows to save some money on breakfasts, snacks and any other meals you eat in. I recommend going to a grocery store on the way in, but also they have a shuttle daily that will take you to a grocery store in Nassau for $7. We arrived middle of the week so we had no problem checking into our room. Taxi driver was fantastic and interesting to talk to.

We found our room clean, and quiet although there wasn't much of a view. The second half of our vacation the pool at Harborside was closed for maintenance so unfortunately to use the pool you had to go to the main Atlantis site. The main site is huge so expect to do a lot of walking. We usually walked over as it was only about a 10 to 15 minute walk. There were shuttle buses that we did take a couple of times if they happened to be near by.

The overall atmosphere is very nice and the resort has spent enough on details to make it very interesting to just walk around and look at. All the aquariums and sea life added to the experience. My daughter enjoyed feeding the sea turtles and sting rays.

There are many restaurants on the resort, most quite pricey and it was nice to go into Nassau for a change of scenery. All in all I would recommend this location and would return in the future.

BOSTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My friends and I recently stayed at the Marina in Atlantis for 8 days. We had the absolute best time. The staff were so friendly, the grounds were immaculate, and the beach was beautiful. We had the best time hanging out with "Sir Francis" the DJ at the Blue Pool.
The resort is rather expensive, but the marina allowed us to have our gas grill on the dock which helped.
I was a little disappointed that there was a fee to use the gym, but the resort is so enormous walking it in the am was great exercise.
We would definitely recommend Atlantis- in fact, we may go back next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family stayed at Harborside on Jan 6-13 and we had a great time. The hotel is very convenient - close to the big Atlantis resort property, has a great kitchen, nice property. The pool was closed but we're not sit around the pool people anyway (I know some people were pretty ticked). I recommend you order your groceries from FoodStore2Go. I know a lot of people complain about the cost of everything - we made a lot of our meals in the room and they were excellent - super convenient service. We also recommend the spa - it was our big splurge. I left the kids with my husband while I got a massage then he had one. Lovely experience - very good way to relax because Altantis will keep you buzzing all week! We took a water taxi one day to downtown Nassau and had a nice lunch at Hard Rock- the kids (2 boys aged 10 & 7) loved it. We would choose this vacation again.

Room Tip: Building 5 is good if you can get it.
NEW YORK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Harborside from 1/20/13 - 1/25/13. As suggested, I contacted Sandra to pre-arrange the transportation from the airport. Sandra couldn't make it so her daughter picked us up from the airport. She was waiting in front of the gate holding my name even though we arrived there 30 minutes earlier that what was scheduled. We stopped at multiple places - supermarket, liquor store and KFC and paid $60 plus tip.

When we arrived at Harborside, our room was available. I guess that's because it was a slow season. Since we traveled with my parents (4 adults and 2 children - 2 and 6 year old), we stayed at 2 bedroom unit - bldg 5. I have not noticed any noise from construction - maybe because we were never home??

Shuttle - I was concerned about the shuttle because Harborside is little far away from the main buildings but shuttles run very often so we were ok EXCEPT that Harborside shuttle does not go to the Beach Tower. We didn't know so one night after touring towers, we were waiting 30 mins at the Beach Tower for our shuttle. Other than that, I was satisfied.

Food - As you are aware, yes, it is very expensive. Even though we packed our own lunch everyday, we decided to buy lunch one day. Hot dog - $6.50, Beer - $7.00
Most of the nights we cooked but we went to "Marketplace", the buffet for one night. It was $48 (plus tax) per adult, $25 something for a child. what a disappointment. No much to eat.

Pool - Even though several pools were closed, there were many other pools to visit. It would have been nice if a pool at the Harborside was open but oh well.. we were informed before we arrived so we understood. Lifejackets were free to use daily. We also have to get wriskband everyday in order to use the pool. I thought it might be hassle to get a wriskband daily but it wasn't too bad.

Dolphin Cay - wow. It is expensive. Four of us decided to do it so we made a reservation ($130 per person - since it was a slower season) for 90 min session. They told us that the first 30 min was orientation so I would expect some kind of interaction with Dolphin for next 60 mins. NOOOOOO. There were 3 groups - 10 people each. We, individually touched the Dolphin, kissed and hugged (which takes about 1-2 min per person) and waited for other people to finish. Then, took a group picture. Got together with 2 other groups, and each group instructor introduced their own Dolphin and they did a quick/short performance for 3-5 mins. We were just standing - not touching the Dolphin, just standing. and that was it. Yes, we paid $520 for 4 people to spend 5 mins with Dolphin. What a rip off. I was very very upset. Unless you really really really really want to kiss the Dolphin and take a picture, don't do it. $130 for 5 mins??? I rather have a nice dinner at MESA.

Beach - I've been to Jamaica, Cancun, Aruba and St. Marteen but I think Bahama has the most beautiful beach. I really loved it. We were going to ride on a Jetski but they only have one option - 90 mins for $150. I only wanted to do it for 30-45 min but they said no so we decided not to do it.

Aquarium - Everywhere is aquarium. so beautiful.

Atlantis is a beautiful resort with great water parks. I really enjoyed my vacation but I don't think I'll come back with the same amount of money.

aperry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

On a positive note, the rooms were VERY clean and ALL people were extremely nice.

However, there were problems worth noting. I mention these issues only to bring these to the attention of Atlantis/Harborside management so they can improve. Inevitably things can happen outside of anyone's control and I understand that. However, the issues I mention below are very much within their control and should not have happened. This is the easy stuff that they should get right every time.

Car Service. Called concierge before I arrived asking if there was a car service service available with a car seat for my 5.5 month old daughter. She said yes, but it had to be a limo. We paid $130 for a very old limo with rips in the seats and NO car seat for my daughter. While at the Atlantis, I found another service. Brand new Cadillac Escalade with extremely nice driver and a car seat, all for $75. Seems odd to me that someone from NJ who is only in the Bahamas for a few days can find a much better car service for 40% less than a concierge at the Atlantis/Harborside. Unacceptable.

Wireless Internet. I checked the Harborside website before I left home. Website stated that all rooms had wireless internet access. There was no wireless internet access in our room, even though the website says there is AND the in-room materials says there is. Called multiple times but no one showed up to fix it. Finally talk to manager. Someone came on Monday (2 days after I arrived). Apparently, only common areas have wireless access and if your room happens to be near one of those areas you will have access in your room. If not, you won't. They finally setup a wireless router in my room. The purpose of a website is to inform people. Why would they say they had wireless internet access if they didn't? If I knew they didn't have it, I would have planned accordingly.

Restaurants. No one knew which restaurants were opened or closed. Concierge actually made a reservation for us for Carmine's on a day it was closed. I wouldn't think it would be too much to ask that the Atlantis/Harborside notifies people who work there which days restaurants are open so they can accurately inform their guests.

Dresser. Drawers in dresser in master bedroom all opened and would not close. Someone finally came to look at it 5 days into our trip and said it couldn't be fixed because it was old and there used to be a heavy TV on it. Unacceptable.

Parade. Told us parade was 9PM on Wednesday at the Marina. It was apparently cancelled (without anyones knowledge) because there was no parade.

Phone. Heavy static on all phones in my room. Called multiple times from an ajoining room the minute we arrived on Saturday. It was not fixed until Wednesday (4 days later).

Remodeling. We were staying on the 4th floor. They were remodeling rooms on the first floor of our building. Very difficult to walk by every day with stroller. All of their equipment was in the walkway. One day the elevator did not work. How was I suppose to get down the stairs alone with a baby and all my pool gear. When I called the front desk to see when it would be fixed they said they were unaware of it not being in service and would get back to me. No one every got back to me.

I am not expecting Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons service. I know I'm not going to get that. However, I do expect typical Westin-type service and I certainly didn't get that either. My ownership is at Westin Kaanapali North in Maui. I was expecting similar service, but it definitely fell short. I stayed multiple times in Maui and never had issues like this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
For the convenience of our guests, all weekly events including Weekly Restaurant Closings are posted on our Notice Board in the lobby. Additionally, this information is also printed on the Daily Atlantean (Guest Activities Guide) that can be received from the Concierge in the lobby. This, however, does not excuse the misinformation you received. We continue to stress the importance of being informed, knowledgeable and most of all accurate when giving information to guests with our staff.
We are happy to inform that our internet system has been upgraded to High Speed Wireless as of January 31st, 2013. At Harborside, we endeavor to ensure that our guests’ vacations are issue-free. However, when issues arise, we hope to resolve them quickly and professionally. Based on the resolution times stated in your review, it seems that we have fallen short. We want to prevent this from happening in the future and ask that you contact us at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com so that we can get more information on your stay. As always, thank you for your comments.
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Harborside Resort for the week of Jan 6, 2013. This was a girls trip with 3 others. Not only was I extremely disappointed with the level of service at the Harborside, I was also shock that it carried over to the rest of the property.

We had to complain multiple times regarding our loud neighbors. Not only did the front desk and security not take our frustration seriously, they suggested that we work the issue out with our neighbors ourselves. Front desk said they offered to move us and we declined, not true. We did end up moving but not before an argument with front desk that we weren't paying the $35 room move fee.

Next was that the pool was closed for renovations. Yes, this needs to happen but first time we heard this was from a sheet of paper posted near the taxi loading. When we booked nothing was mentioned, when we checked in nothing was mentioned. Even after we snooped to see if booking online for the same time period would pop up a notice. Nothing.

We then asked the front desk if there was another adult friendly pool on resort. He told us to check all the pools out ourselves, report back to him so he can notify the other guests.

Finally, on Friday we arranged to have a late checkout (2pm) for Saturday and we would pay $150. When Saturday rolled around, not only were we told that they don't give late checkouts on Saturdays, it would cost us $300!

In summary, we spoke with many employees of the Harborside Resort, all gave different stories and had different policies and all could care less about the many issues that we encountered. The one thing that was consistent was that not one person seemed to care about our stay or if we would return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
At Harborside, it is our goal to provide every guest and owner with a positive and memorable vacation experience. Unfortunately, it seems that we may have fallen short of our goal. The concerns you noted are not indicative of the level of service that we strive to provide. As such, I would like the opportunity to personally discuss your experience, so that we can prevent this from happening in the future. I can be contacted at hsresponse@atlantisparadise.com. Thank you for your review and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Been to Atlantis - Harborside Resort? Share your experiences!