Me and my boyfriend just returned from a week stay at Harborside. We booked it through RCI (his employer provides it as a benefit). Overall, it was a wonderful, romantic, fun and very memorable stay. We arrived January 6th and were picked up at the airport by a pre-arranged shuttle (good deal at $52 roundtrip for 2 adults).
We were very happy with the kitchen, size of the unit, upkeep of the property and laundry facilities. The jacuzzi bathtub was very nice in the room, but a couple of the jets weren't working. The bed was very comfortable! However, We were disappointed to learn the Harborside pool exclusively for guests at Harborside was closed for renovation starting the day we arrived and will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time. Also, the maid only came 1 time the entire week.
I highly recommend taking the shuttle to the grocery store in order to save a lot of money on food. When we did eat at the property, we ate at Mosaic buffett for lunch a few days and also Johnny Rockets in Marina Village.
The weather was wonderful, about 80-82 and sunny everyday. Water was perfect to swim in and it was only slightly chilly and drizzly one day but ended up clearing up. It was also not crowded at all during the week, and sometimes we had entire pools to ourselves! Short lines for waterslides, tons of open beach chairs. It was the week kids went back to school so that was probably why it was so empty.
There was only 1 hot tub that was operational on the entire atlantis property, and it was packed. The rest were closed or under construction.
We had a great time at the casino- we found out there is a free slot tournament every day from 9 am- 10:30 am and you are guaranteed to win anywhere from $10-100 per day. I played 4 days and ended up winning $300!
We went to downtown Nassau for a day by ferry and enjoyed it; I felt very safe and I wasn't hassled by the locals too much.
Overall, Harborside was a romantic and luxurious getaway and it was really nice to have the extra space. It was actually almost too big for just a couple, but would be great for families!
I knocked down a star just because a few of the pools/hot tubs were closed and sometimes the staff seemed annoyed to answer questions. But other times, cheery staff members really shined. Also, things are very expensive but Harborside offers many ways to save.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island