We went Dec 14-21, 2012. We went for our honeymoon. I have to say the staff was very helpful. The condo was very spacious, well equipped and clean. The shuttle bus to Atlantis made our trip great! We spent most of our time on the beach by the Cove and used the shuttle every day. I have been to Vegas and Atlantis out does any hotel there because of the sea life displays, multiple free pools, waterslides etc and the amazing displays throughout!!! I didn't see the rooms at the hotel but just the grounds are amazing then you throw amazing beaches with crystal clear sparkling blue water!
I read some reviews before we left and so I knew food was expensive but WOW, it is CRAZY EXPENSIVE! However; we found out the following:
Don't have the taxi stop at a store on the way from the airport because the stores, food and liquor are way over priced! We found a cash only food store in downtown Nassau that was way cheaper! We also found that a short walk down the street there is a Dunkin Doughnuts which has the same prices as the US. Right there is also a liquor store with rum and vodka for about 8$ a bottle!!!! Anthony's pizza is really good but don't order the pizza there, go inside and order the pizza to go and enjoy a drink at the bar! I loved the local beer, Sands. Pizza is way cheaper and bigger to go than if you actually ate there. Scotia bank is also right there and has an atm that dispenses US currency.
We ate in the Atlantis one night and no exaggeration paid 87$ for pulled pork and fries!!! The poolside restaurants are the way to go but they close so make sure you get something when you head back to Harborside.
Bottom line bring breakfast bars, powdered coffee creamer, coffee etc! We paid $9 for small jar of powdered coffee creamer!!! box of cheezeits was 10$!!!!
Alcohol was cheap compared to Vegas or SF or San Diego. Paid between 5-7$ for a beer and 6-10$ for mixed drink or wine.
Also this was my first time out of the country so imagine my surprise when I got home to a $500 cellphone bill! We just called our kids each day and still got whacked!!!
We were able to just walk into the Cove pool 2 out of the 3 days that we tried. It is really nice and drinks were cheap. The third day they denied us because we were not staying at the Cove. While we were there the service was great, the music was great and the NO KIDS part was great!!! Pool itself is amazing.
Cove beach is awesome! You can walk further down it for even more privacy and water was amazing!
Don't go to the big ferry building to get a ferry to Nassau, take the one off the dock right beside Harborside, it is about 10$ roundtrip cheaper!
The little gym at Harborside had everything we needed and was a fun way to keep the fat off before drinking beer all day and night!
My biggest complaint with Harborside is this, NO WIFI! and $29/day for in room hard connection internet as well as only having 2 computers for guest to use in lobby that get shut down at 7pm!!!!!
The no internet is the only thing that kept us from giving Harborside 5 stars! Not flashy but nice , clean, fun and outstanding staff, great location! We would go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island