Our Family of 5 went to Harborside Resort-and we were all very glad we did. Let me just say-research, research, research-is the only way you will find out anything about this place. We had the Deluxe One Bedroom Suite in Phase II. We stayed in the back, and we had a corner room, which was very nice. Room was clean. Kitchen had the essentials and we used them-pots, dishes, stovetop, dishwasher. Had a washer/dryer combo. All things very nice to have with a family. Staff answered the questions you asked them-but keep asking questions, and then they will keep talking. I just think that they get asked a ton of questions, so you learn to just answer what you are asked.
When you arrive-note, if someone helps take your stuff to your room, you are charged $25. You are not told this, I only knew, because I had read about it beforehand, so we took our own stuff to our room, and it was perfectly fine-not that far. I mean it wasn't super close-basically it was worth $25-to us, maybe not to you, and you don't mind. Just FYI.
As for pools-they close rather early, like 5 when we were there and the latest they are ever open is 7. NONE are open after 5-believe me, we tried, and you would think at least ONE would be, but they are not. Little bit of a bummer.
There are like 25 restaurants BUT-no menus for any of them ANYWHERE! Not even after you get to your room. Why you may wonder-well, I don't know if it is because this is an upscale resort, people just pay or whether people are just embarassed to ask and because they are on vacation they just pay it-anyway-I don't know! So, since we are not extremely wealthy-I asked everyone, where you could eat cheap! Our first night there, we walked around, and we stopped at like 10 restaurants and looked at the menus-all were pretty costly, so we didn't really plan to eat at any. The two we did decide on-were both buffets, and with a family, I think that is the best way to go. We ate lunch at the buffet, rather late, and then did dinner in the room. Family meal deals at the pool are a good. Note-when you get a drink at the pool area, you are able to go and refill it-that is when it turns into a good deal! We had pizza delivered to the room-that was rather inexpensive too. We brought mac and cheese, pasta, and such but honestly-we stopped at the store before we got to the hotel, and prices were not bad. It was nice that we brought stuff, but buying there-at the grocery store on the way in, won't break the bank.
Our youngest, fed the fish-neat program you sign up for at the library. Have to be 5 and younger-think 2-5 yrs. Anyway, it was cool-look into it if you have one that age.
I read like 4 travel books-all give brief info about Atlantis, but I found my most useful info, right here-spending hours reading locals input/questions asked.
Hope this info helps you. My family all wants to go back. It was an awesome place! Enjoy
Professional pictures uploaded Oct 2012 were pretty much right on what our room looked like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the natural wonders of warm Caribbean breezes, blue crystalline waters and sparkling white-sand beaches, Harborside Resort offers Atlantis guests a vacation filled with beauty, relaxation and excitement. Situated just across the marina from Atlantis, you have access to a wealth of private amenities combined with the home-away-from-home extras that only a spacious, private villa can offer. The Harborside Resort is just steps from a harbor front restaurant and pool area, a children's pool with fountains, a fitness facility and more ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Atlantis - Harborside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis - Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Paradise Island
- Harborside Hotel Paradise Island
- Harborside Resort Atlantis
- Harborside Resort At Atlantis
- Atlantis - Harborside Resort Bahamas/Paradise Island