“Family Vacation-research, research, research” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$350 in Added Value!
Ranked #7 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Pennsylvania
“Family Vacation-research, research, research”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our Family of 5 went to Harborside Resort-and we were all very glad we did. Let me just say-research, research, research-is the only way you will find out anything about this place. We had the Deluxe One Bedroom Suite in Phase II. We stayed in the back, and we had a corner room, which was very nice. Room was clean. Kitchen had the essentials and we used them-pots, dishes, stovetop, dishwasher. Had a washer/dryer combo. All things very nice to have with a family. Staff answered the questions you asked them-but keep asking questions, and then they will keep talking. I just think that they get asked a ton of questions, so you learn to just answer what you are asked.

When you arrive-note, if someone helps take your stuff to your room, you are charged $25. You are not told this, I only knew, because I had read about it beforehand, so we took our own stuff to our room, and it was perfectly fine-not that far. I mean it wasn't super close-basically it was worth $25-to us, maybe not to you, and you don't mind. Just FYI.

As for pools-they close rather early, like 5 when we were there and the latest they are ever open is 7. NONE are open after 5-believe me, we tried, and you would think at least ONE would be, but they are not. Little bit of a bummer.

There are like 25 restaurants BUT-no menus for any of them ANYWHERE! Not even after you get to your room. Why you may wonder-well, I don't know if it is because this is an upscale resort, people just pay or whether people are just embarassed to ask and because they are on vacation they just pay it-anyway-I don't know! So, since we are not extremely wealthy-I asked everyone, where you could eat cheap! Our first night there, we walked around, and we stopped at like 10 restaurants and looked at the menus-all were pretty costly, so we didn't really plan to eat at any. The two we did decide on-were both buffets, and with a family, I think that is the best way to go. We ate lunch at the buffet, rather late, and then did dinner in the room. Family meal deals at the pool are a good. Note-when you get a drink at the pool area, you are able to go and refill it-that is when it turns into a good deal! We had pizza delivered to the room-that was rather inexpensive too. We brought mac and cheese, pasta, and such but honestly-we stopped at the store before we got to the hotel, and prices were not bad. It was nice that we brought stuff, but buying there-at the grocery store on the way in, won't break the bank.

Our youngest, fed the fish-neat program you sign up for at the library. Have to be 5 and younger-think 2-5 yrs. Anyway, it was cool-look into it if you have one that age.

I read like 4 travel books-all give brief info about Atlantis, but I found my most useful info, right here-spending hours reading locals input/questions asked.

Hope this info helps you. My family all wants to go back. It was an awesome place! Enjoy

Professional pictures uploaded Oct 2012 were pretty much right on what our room looked like.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We love it when our guests take the time to write a thorough review, including helpful tips and hints. Your review does just that. Additionally, the fact that you enjoyed the time you spent at Harborside is a great source of pride for us. At Harborside, we do not have a bellman’s or baggage fee. Can you please provide more information on this by contacting me at hsresponse@kerzner.com? Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

998 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If your looking or a tropical vacation with both amenities for adults and kids, then you need to go to Atlantis. We stayed in the timeshare side at Harborside and it was great.

The resort has a casino, 10+ pools, water slides and the beach. Plus, you can swim with stingrays or dolphins. Or, if you really need your fix, you can get in a round of golf.

As far as our room goes, it was great, except for the leaky shower which caused the towel on the floor to be soaked after each shower.

• Stayed November 2012
Your review hits the nail on the head. A Harborside vacation ensures that every member of the family will be entertained. We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. The maintenance concerns you experienced are not typical and we regret that we were unable to address these concerns before your departure. However, thank you for posting such a positive review and for choosing Harborside as your vacation destination.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

How deflating to finally arrive to your vacation spot only to see a line of 20 people to check in. It took 45 minutes. You can't really get mad at the clerks, it's their bosses fault for poor scheduling. When I finally made it to the front of the line I tried to keep it light and said "I bet you wish you called in sick today!" She told me that was the problem, 3 people called in sick. I guess they were enjoying the Sidney Poitier party the night before!

Asked for a marina view and were very glad to receive it as there was a luxury yaught charity event with plenty of eye poping yaughts.

1 bedroom was large but really needed a good scrubing...a little Tilex and clean all the pubic hair from the corners. Why do timeshares never have a teflon pan??

Most of the vegetation was scorched from the hurricane. Gardeners were working hard all week and I could already see little leaves budding. It will come back.

Atlantis was really deserted, hardly anyone there that wasn't with the cruise ship. I was surprised as they have some real deals on. The weather was not great, overcast and strong wind made it cool.

The large pool by the Mayan temple is closed and being refurbished. Due to open around us thanksgiving. Leap of faith was open.

Tried most restaurants. Loved Bahamian club the best again. Awesome chateaubrion sp? for 2. Plenty of food. Bobby flay nothing special and enjoyed the BBQ place. There was only 2 of us and a 5 yr old so they were kind enough to let us order off the bar menu at the table. They really need to revamp the idea of family style and get rid of it. Place was half empty. Probably would get more traffic if you could order normal meals. Had a hoot watching the portions come out! Enjoyed Montegu Gardens again. They pick you up and drop you off. Our bill was $104 for 2 apps, 2 drinks, 2 wine, 2 lobster ($28!!!ea) , a kids meal, and we had 3 desserts a coffee and liqueur they couldn't put on the bill cause the computer broke down so they just gave it to us!!

I really noticed a difference with staff. Everyone was kind, helpfull, cheerful and friendly. I wondered if it was because its low season and they only keep on their best workers LOL!!

Rented from a starwood owner for $700. Getting a little tired of Atlantis so think it will be our last visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a marina or water view. I can't imagine looking at another building all week
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Reviews give us a chance to see Harborside through our guests’ eyes. This is extremely beneficial in ensuring that we continue to improve our service and product. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and highlighting areas which we can improve. We continue to focus on making our check in experience more efficient and ensuring that all villas are cleaned to standard. We apologize if we fell short in these areas. However, it is a great source of pride that our friendly and warm staff helped you to thoroughly enjoy your vacation. Finally, thank you for choosing Harborside as your vacation destination.
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been reading reviews and I am shocked on the negative comments. We just got back from Harborside with many issues which they handled wonderfully. First, let's tell you we were there the week that Sandy just went across Bahamas and we blew in the next day. They were up and running and all were happy we were there. We rented 3 rooms one for us and the other two for friends coming from Maryland. We had a single for Sunday to Sunday and a double lock off for monday - Sunday. It was a mess, one set of friends came early with no room and the others came late. They were able to give the friends a room and shift the whole week for the other friends. Who was complaining with the water view over the Atlantis view? We had a view of another building, this is our third time and same view lol! Oh and you had palm leaves in the way? Really? It is a beautiful place, people are nice if your nice. Tons of fun my children were so upset we went with out them. If you are not a person who likes crowds and want quiet and calm I recommend Hawaii. But i can't say enough how happy the people of the Bahamas were to see us. We stopped at grocery store picked up breakfast stuff, snacks drinks including alcohol saved ourselves a lot of money. Sandra Ferguson picks us up at airport takes us to all the stores and drops us off, then calls right before we leave and takes us back really recommend her and her family. Sexy_sanny@hotmail.com. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :-)

Room Tip: Love the corner rooms !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It fills us with pride to know that you enjoyed your vacation even after such a trying ordeal. It is even more gratifying to know that when there were issues, we resolved them. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on Harborside and we are excited to welcome you back home for another enjoyable vacation.
Tysons Corner, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stay at Harborside yearly. This was one of the better visits. The property and the rooms were in good condition (unlike other years).

Harborside has full and complete access to Atlantis. You can charge everything on your room card. The overall staff is happy and nice.

The only real problem was the Conciegre (Trameka Miller). She would not respond to multiple e-mail's. Every attempt to schedule dinner reservation was messed up. 1st time she emailed me someones reservation from April 2012, then (when told) she didn't send anything (attachment), At last she got some reservation to us. It did not have the times or restaurants correct.

The first night in, we got a call from the restaurant confirming for 18 people --- wrong. Every night the reservation conf sheet she sent me was wrong. A total mess. It escapes me how someone can be so consistently wrong and still keep her job.

Atlantis: I have never seen anything like this. The usually lush and tropical plants are dying. I don't think they have been watered in months. There are irrigation sprinklers everywhere but are not used. I can only think of the $$$$ Millions in landscaping that they have let die.

The property is well taken care of except for the plants.

I hope they get some rain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria R, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantis - Harborside Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are glad that you noticed our continued focus on villa and property maintenance. Additionally, we are proud that our staff was friendly and warm. We always appreciate it when our guests give us helpful feedback on how we can continually improve our guests’ experience as you did. Please rest assured that the concerns in reference to the Concierge service have been forwarded to the appropriate management. The state of the landscaping is due to the harsh winds of Hurricane Sandy and should return to normal soon. Your review and your visit are greatly appreciated.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Amazing from the start to the end. All the facilities are well kept and clean, and there was never any long wait for anything. Ample beach chairs, and plenty of room to move around. Service was great and the shuttles to and from all other venues at Atlantis made things quick and easy if you didn't feel like walking to your destination. Condo was amazing, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, jacuzzi, kitchen, balcony overlooking Nassau Harbour. We could also see the fireworks and listen to the concerts going on next door from the balcony. Best vacation I have ever taken. Expensive, obviously, so not for everyone, but if you can afford it, this is the place to go. Tip:stop at the grocery store and liquor store before crossing over to Paradise Island. The kitchen is pretty well fully equipped so get what you need for breakfast, coffee, coffee filters etc and enjoy it on the balcony before heading out to the beach or pool for the day:)

Room Tip: If possible get a condo overlooking the Harbour.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Harborside’s mission is to ensure that guests have memorable vacation experiences. Based on your enthusiastically positive review, I can tell that we have delivered on our promise. We thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and especially appreciate you taking the time to share your amazing vacation experience with others. We hope to welcome you again soon for another remarkable visit.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A great resort adjacent to Atlantis. It's either a short walk or shuttle ride to Atlantis. The property is well maintained and folks are very friendly. I've read a couple of the other reviews and its like they were at a different resort. Harborside is not officially a part of Atlantis. It is not owned by Atlantis. We had free access to Atlantis though and never had any hassles. The people were friendly. At several places in Atlantis you do need to show your room key to gain access. Tourists from the cruise lines must purchase a day pass. I heard they run $125+ a person depending upon where you purchase them.

My only complaint was checking in which took way to long. It seemed like some guests wanted to asked 20 questions.

We were there three days after hurricane Sandy blew through. There was incidental damage all over; debris scattered, small trees uprooted,etc. Some of the Atlantis rides were closed the first couple days but then opened.

One downside is the resort only has one restaurant which is by the pool. This wasn't a problem since all the rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and utensils. There are also a half a dozen restaurants in the adjacent marina and another dozen in Atlantis.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room on the third or fourth floor facing the water for a great view. Your choic...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
The title of your review says it all. Harborside is a great resort in a wonderful location. The complimentary access to Atlantis is just one of the impressive amenities Harborside offers. Our owners also enjoy the fully furnished villas as you have highlighted. As always, we thank you for visiting us and thank you for sharing your experience.

Been to Atlantis - Harborside Resort? Share your experiences!