“GREAT 80 minute deep tissue massage” 5 of 5 stars

(242) 363-3000
Website
Improve this listing
Ohio
“GREAT 80 minute deep tissue massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We woke up on the 2nd day of our Atlantis vacation and read the daily informational sheet the hotel provides with your USA Today newspaper outside your door. It gives daily activities options. The sheet advertised over $200 worth of services at the spa for $100. I called to inquire and they lady explained all the original prices, and then the "sale" prices. Even though what she quoted me didn't really match the offer they were advertising, (it actually seemed like a BETTER deal), I immediately booked an 80 minute deep tissue massage. She said my appointment would be at 9:30, but to arrive 20 minutes ahead of time. It was currently 9:08 (haha...good thing I was just upstairs as we were staying in the Royal Towers which is where the spa is). I went down and everyone seemed confused when I told them my appointment was at 9:30 (apparently, most services begin at the top of the hour, but I'm assuming since they booked it at last minute, that is why she offered the 9:30). The spa is beautiful and HUGE (like everything else at Atlantis). I must say, this was the BEST deep tissue massage I have ever had. This girl (shout out to Melinda) knew her stuff. I am so sad that I live millions of miles away or else I would be a regular! Also, please note, when I arrived, the front desk tried to charge me full price for the massage (somewhere around $220), but after I mentioned that the girl on the phone quoted me a lower price with the "special", she adjusted it to $133 including a tip which I thought was very reasonable and worth it for the fantastic massage I received. Melinda was also very friendly and eagerly answered many of my questions about the resort/area which had nothing to do with the spa. This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip!

Visited May 2013

San Jose, California
“Unethical business practice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had taken the facial, body massage package and per the price ($400) I had paid, it should have lasted 135 minutes. They completed the whole procedure in about 75 minutes ! I have visited Spas at other tourist spots like Hawaii and no where else, do they compromise/cheat like this. No point arguing about this with the staff there. Only deaf ears. Though the facility itself is nice and clean, I didn't get the value for the money I was promised. Avoid at all costs...

Visited March 2013
Northbrook, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I tried the Fire & Ice Pedicure. I was the only client the morning of my spa visit. It was not the best pedicure that I have had. Honestly I could paint my one toes better. Even though I was the only client, the attendant seem in a rush to finish. There also was not a very great selection of polishes.

Visited February 2013
Toronto
8 attraction reviews
“Skip the Spa at Atlantis”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Overall the spa is OK (very beautiful) but it is very overpriced. We used the spa special but it was still very overpriced. I don't even feel I received the treatment I was supposed to get. I had the Mandara Ritual for the Hand and Feet - it really was just a regular pedicure and manicure - I thought I was going to get more of a massage out of it, exfoliation, etc as was described in the brochure. They did use some scrub but it wasn't anything great and she barely provided a massage at all. As well, the main treatment was supposed to be 2 hrs 10 mins - I was done in less than that and I had even added the paraffin treatment as an extra treatment so that added 15 mins extra. I was done in 1 hr 45 mins - it should have taken at least 2 1/2 hours total with the paraffin. So that did not seem fair.

Also, what was very bad was the lady cut my cuticle on my finger and it was bleeding slightly afterwards - so that was obviously not very sanitary or proper for a treatment. So I was not impressed with that at all.

The 'Taking of the Waters' is nothing great either. Looks better in the pics. It is a very small cold water plunge tub and a hot tub. The steam room and sauna are small too (for the size of the place).

My husband had a deep tissue massage - he said it was OK - nothing great and the lady had rough callous hands so that didn't feel great.

Overall, I would skip the spa at Atlantis. Just stick to enjoying the sunshine, ocean and pools for your relaxation.

Visited October 2012
Bryn mawr
“Best Massage ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a very relaxing massage and aromatherapy session. The spa was relaxing and very nice. It is large and offers steam rooms and suana

Visited May 2012