“We have been to the Atlantis Resort 3 times, but NEVER again...” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$250 Airfare Credit
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Paradise Island
Chicago, Illinois
“We have been to the Atlantis Resort 3 times, but NEVER again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We went earlier this month for Easter & Spring Break family vacation for 7 days and the trip was AWFUL from the first moment we arrived at the airport.... 1)The Private Shuttle we ordered thru the Atlantis never showed up... 2) Arrived at the Atlantis Beach Towers after booking & Re-confirming twice with notes on reservation that we needed 2-connecting rooms do to traveling with small children. Yet NONE available, So each parents had to sleep in Separate rooms for security with the kids... 3) At the pools they were out of towels for 2 hours, towel worker said it was because of the over 2000 cruise ship day guests...(Since the resort is Sold out, and you add 2000 more cruise line day guests what do you think will happen) 4) Contacted the Executive Manager on duty from the towel hut during the towel problems, he said he was sorry and would let his manger in that area know... Also during my phone conversation with the Manager I told him about all the MOLD & Rusted Fixtures in our 2 rooms and even sent him photos later that evening... And also about all the other problems with the Shuttle, Connecting Rooms & having to call security 2 times about the people above us throwing beer cans off their balcony (so they could watch them explode onto the roof top) For all this we were offered $300.00 room credit... We paid over $12,000.00 for a 6 night special family vacation & I can truly say it was the WORST vacation I have ever been on !! The Atlantis Resort use to be our favorite resort and we have recommended it hundreds of times, but the overall Quality & Guest Service is NOT now what you expect from a Former first class hotel !

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

My dad and I won this trip and we were only here for 3 days. Well, it was awful. Coral towers was a crap hole and everything is run down. The food is completel crap! Everything here is over priced and you're getting screwed everywhere you go! I do not recommend this vacation for anyone. Cancun Mexico was a better vacation than this crap hole, nothing but bad reviews from this expirence. Won't be back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'm a Marriott platinum member had to wait 31/2 hours for my room. My friend had no status with Marriott and got his room at 2 PM when we arrived. I had to wait till 430 PM.
When I got my room there was somebody in there. As I was waiting at the desk for the issue to be resolved a 3rd person was given the same room and was complaining. I was given hundred $150 credit ..

The rooms are old, tired and musty! Beautiful lobby, rooms not so nice. The staff at the bar at front desk not customer focused . When I checked out it was 11 AM and there was a line of 8 to 10 people with only one service person working at the desk. After 20 minutes, I just walked up to the desk and placed my keys on the counter and said needed to catch a flight and said I was checking out... No supervision or customer service

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Its a combination of Las Vegas South, a mini-Sea World and a tiny little bit of Bahamas. If you need Johnny Rocket, Starbucks and Dunkin Donoughts, then you are fine in the Atlantis, if you want a Bahamas-Experience, go somewehre else. The Atlantis is as truly Caribbean as then New York, New York on the strip mirrors the real Big Apple.
So not really Bahamas, but at least a nie hotel? Forget it. It's mostly an old, shabby place, totally crowded and outdated. And they rip you off, big time!! 300 bucks for a small room with the view across parking lots and an service station! 30 bucks for a mediocre breakfast buffet, even Starbucks does not hold back: 9.25 $ for a doppio Espresso and a little banana cake. And be aware that all the restaurants don't post their prices on the menu they display outside - the sticker shock comes later, like 45 bucks for a grilled chicken in the d'Angelo.
The beach is small and not suited for little children. At least the water is nice (and free!) but that's a given anywhere in the Caribbean. The only nice part about this huge, cold bunker are the locals who work there. They are super nice and give you an idea how beautiful the Bahamas outside of this overpriced, impersonal and loud hotel could be. Last but not least: bring lots of cold medicine with you. 86 degrees outside don't mix well with the freeezing cold temperatures everywhere inside the Atlantis.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manhattan, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Let me start by saying, I visited the Atlantis on April 9, 2015 to April 16, 2015. I spend 4 nights at Beach Towel. The beach towel is considered to be their cheapest hotel out of all of them. Let start by saying I had the rudest person Check me in at the Reef Towers. Her name is Silvia, she works at the check in and check out desk. When I mean she is Nasty, I mean Nasty!! Let’s say when I got there she had the nastiest face when greeting us, She told us we had to pay in Cash $250.00 as a fee for security purposes in terms of the room. We wanted to pay the $250 by credit card and she made is a big fuss that we couldn’t pay with a credit card that had a visa logo in the front of it. I was in no case informed of this matter when I was booking my hotel on the phone with Atlantis. When I book in New York 3 weeks before my arrival date, she made our check in so unpleasant, we were annoyed by the start of the day. Then we decided to check out a few things, let me just say by the way the Atlantis looks in pictures and in person is totally different, “The Predator Tunnel” needs some painting done. I follow the Atlantis Hotel on Instagram and the Pictures look amazing. I was expecting just what I had seen online. I saw the opposite!! In terms of food, I visited one restaurant that stood out of all 4 I ate at and that was the restaurant called, “Chop Stix” located in the Beach Towel. The waitress and waiter were so careless; they had a party of 6 people behind us which got most of the attention. Towards the end of our dinner we paid cash and when the waitress came to our table, she threw the money on the Table and walked out. I believe they need better training!! We need to visit the restaurant again, only because we felt as if, the food wasn’t for free for us to be treated so poorly. Towards the check-out we were faced with the same problem of even worse. We were so Unlucky the same person who checked us in, which was Silvia, she was the same person who checked us out. As soon as she saw us at 8am that Monday, April 16, 2015. She was completely nasty to us, she lied to us and told us we had a $66.00 credit in which we could use before we checked out that morning. She recommended us to go to Starbucks located on the lower level of the Beach Tower, we decided to follow her way and go to the Starbucks located in the Lower level of the Beach Towel, we gave the cashier our room key in which she said they would apply to our purchase the $66.00 we had left. We order our food and beverages. Once the cashier hands us our bill we hand them one room key. The room key was then denied, Silvia was then called by a Starbucks employee in which she denied ever saying anything to us. I was already annoyed because it was already 9am and my flight was scheduled to leave that day at 1pm. When I went up to the lobby to verify why my room key was denied, she had the nastiest attitude with me. I asked her; “Why was my room key denied” and she replied “I told you am not going to repeat it again” She was like “here are your $214 dollars you paid the first day you checked in and just go”. Brushing me away like I was someone who stayed at this hotel for Free!! I was so angry and annoyed that she would talk to me so rudely for the second time I had the same issue with this woman. I sincerely could say not everyone in the hotel was nasty; I met a few people by the pool area who took care of people when they needed new Towels and wrist bands. They were so nice to us, it was unbelievable one woman named Patricia (Jamaican lady) stood out the most. All the lifeguards were friendly people, the slides and parks are super cool and fun. I mean the place overall is great just that one particular lady at the front desk and that particular restaurant needs training. Hope Atlantis head offices read this before matters get worse for another guest. Won’t look so nice on Atlantis Hotels or Reviews.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Found that staff was very accommodating and friendly. Restaurants were very good but very expensive. The only negative: this is not to the Marriott "Autograph Collection" standard as advertised and expected, but it was good. Dated roon had comfortable bed, nice linens and towels, etc. Celeste at the beach/pool bar was wonderful.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We read LOTS of reviews before planning this trip and were very worried by some of them. We were there for 7 nights over the Easter weekend, and they were sold out. When we arrived at 5pm, they only had rooms available on the 3rd floor. I inquired about a higher room with an ocenview, and they had no oceanviews available but we could consider switching to one mid-way through the week. They did have a room on the 6th floor that wasn't ready for another hour, but we decided to take that just to get a bit higher up. We went off to explore and when we checked back the room was ready within the hour.

Room: Definitely in need of updating and the view was of the roof of the conference center and the two bridges. Oceanview would have been much preferred but we decided not to hassle with switching mid-week. Beds were comfortable, AC worked, no problems with toilet, small mini fridge worked fine. Shower curtain and tile flooring had minor signs of mold, etc. Worst problem was that a bunch of college kids checked in next to us on the last night and were extremely loud thoughout the entire night. Also, in order to close the doors and engage the latch to lock them, you have to forcefully slam them meaning we heard door slamming frequently.

Waterpark: Our 8 and 10 yr old boys loved it and spent every day there enjoying all the rides. We did see a few neck-brace injuries on the Current and a handful of people slipping and falling on the wet, slick pavement throughout the park. There were 4-6 cruise ships in port most days and the place was packed most days until 4pm. In order to get a tube for the rides, you had to get one first thing and keep it until you were done for the day or wait in the river for up to an hour until someone on the ride was done with theirs. Also, you are supposed to get a new wristband each day, which we did the first few days but then they had a mixup in their computer system causing them to have to call a manager every time we tried to get our wristbands. One day we waited a half hour for a manager to show up. When we asked if we had to deal with this every day for the rest of our vacation they just laughed like it was a joke and said there's nothing they could do about it. Lesson: Keep the same wristbands on the whole trip...nobody ever questions them.

Ocean and Pools: The calmest beach was Cove Beach and we enjoyed swimming there and seeing lots of fish. Other beaches were turbulent. Pools were nice, but to get a seat, most people loaded up on pool towels when leaving the pool the prior night and then going down at 8am the next morning to save their spots.

Food: Very expensive on site. We packed an entire suitcase full of snacks, juiceboxes, applesauce, loaf of bread, peanut butter, jelly, etc. and we ate breakfast in the room, packed sandwiches to bring to the waterpark for lunch, and then ate out a few times in the marina and a few times offsite. A beer onsite is $10-12 for a 12oz can once taxes and automatic gratuity is added...$2.50 across street at liquor store. Mixed drink is $15-17. Banana is $3 plus tax...$1 across street at little grocery store.

Aquarium: Beautiful, enormous displays virtually everywhere you looked. Mostly well maintained and very entertaining after pools close for the day at 7pm.

Movie Theater: We enjoyed watching movies there two nights and really enjoyed this free amenity. $5 for a small popcorn and ring pop was reasonable.

For what we paid ($2500 for 7 nights), we felt is was worth the money as a one time place to see. Given the issues, we would have been upset if we had spent 2-3x this much like most guests there appear to have spent, but we went into it knowing we were primarily just going for the waterpark for our kids.

One last thing, we did buy the photo package for a whopping $215 which gave us a zip drive with every single pic they took of us during our stay. A big price to pay but they had great shots of us going down the body slides, etc. If you think you might do this, make sure to take advantage of having them take your picture everywhere and they will give you a sticker with the pic number on it. We had 87 pics but if we had known, we would have posed for a lot more whenever we saw a camera person as the package is for unlimited pictures.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Atlantis - Beach Tower? Share your experiences!