“Great stay for families” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 Casino Dr, 4777, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Lincoln, CA
“Great stay for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 5 nights. Rooms were okay, but a little worn. They were clean and housekeeping was attentive. This tower is the furtherest from the aqua venture but really close to a nice beach. It was also fairly quiet compared to the Coral tower,which seems to be constantly filled with people. Definitely plan to go to a grocery store and stock up. Food prices will cost more than your hotel price. Especially water...the hotel charges $3.50 plus 15% gratuity. The marina,just a few steps away is great for food budgets but usually packed during dinner time...plan ahead. The water ark is great.....my kids had a blast.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The resort is beautiful! But i booked and paid for a room with a balcony and view.

I arrived at the reception, I gave my voucher for the check in and after a good time, Mr. Jamaal said that had not my room. We were placed on the 2nd floor of the west tower, room 589, without balcony and no view!

My travel agent is trying to solve the problem since December 20, but until today no one from the hotel contacted me to change the room or make a reparation. I am annoyed and feeling disrespected!

Stayed December 2014
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had to see what all the hype was about the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas so while the Norwegian Sky cruise ship that I was on dock in port, I took a cab down to Atlantis to do a quick tour of the lobby, casino, balconies in the areas where you were permitted without having to pay the exorbitant prices just to enter in certain areas. I checked out the maps and areas of interest via brochure and the scale model in the lobby it was cool, but I wasn't impressed enough to want to invest

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Orinda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Been here twice in 10 years..Bahamian water is to die for and this is an easy flight from east coast.. NOT from west coast-we have done both. If you are in Florida..worth a few extra days to come here. Go in knowing what this is ..tony soprano meets Bahamas..smoking and casinos and water slides.. Attracts a whole trash element.. But the way the animals
Are cared for in the amazing museum quality enclosures, have to admit-really good, provides tons of jobs to a part of the world where jobs are needed.. We enjoyed the water and beach and kids LOVE the lazy river and slides.. Even with all the people, tattoos , swim diapers and lines.. Just brace yourself. Beach tower is least expensive of the group
Of lodging options-very basic Las Vegas type room.. Lots of walking no matter where you stay.. All inclusive packages provide dining options that are actually good considering the mass of humanity this place feeds.. We had excellent lobster, really fresh fruits and a huge (obscene really) number of buffet choices ..the whole
Thing is OTT (over the top) but know it going in and you will be fine. We took a shuttle next door to
The one and only-wow now that's something to save up for.. Fantastic view, peaceful, stunning private beach and great meals there..a welcome respite from the mayhem that Atlantis is.. We joke about Atlantis and yet.. No water in the world is as beautiful and some
Of our kids best resort memories are from here .. Go for it..just plan ahead, do 3 days max countered with something mellow and nice and you really will be amazed at the sheet size and fun Atlantis offers.

Stayed January 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There is simply no reason that you should ever visit this property. It's absurdly over priced, the staff is severely unhelpful & you're trapped on the island almost having to pay their extortionate prices. I checked in, said I was Marriott Gold & was told that I would get free internet but wouldn't get free breakfast because they don't follow "that part of the Marriott agreement." Fine, whatever. After that, the people I checked in with decided to go around and find a bite to eat. After walking by eight different places that were closed, we found the pizza place that was in the Marina that shouldn't be allowed to call itself a pizza place. The piece of pizza I had to have been frozen and then microwaved to be hot again. It was worse than convenience store pizza that you would have on the side of the interstate in the middle of nowhere. When I tell you that my dog eats better than this back in the States, I'm seriously not lying.
That night for dinner, we thought that maybe just the pizza was bad, so we decided to go to Olives for a better meal. We sat down at the bar and it was great to see all the action & Todd English was actually there which surprised me. I looked around the menu and saw the butternut squash tortelli which looked good. When it came, it was 6 tortellis that were obviously pre made long ago and weren't event hot. Luke warm would be a polite way to say it. I've been to other Olives around the country and this was the worst version of it. Maybe Todd English was there to try to whip the place into shape. Tab for that and a beer? $38.
After that, we decided we wanted something sweet, so we go over to the Ben & Jerry's for some ice cream. I ask for a kids scoop of Phish Food and go down the line. When I get to check out, they tell me it's $8.11. What?!? $8.11 for a kids scoop of ice cream? Well, apparently the person scooping heard small instead of kids scoop and since he heard that I'd have to buy it. Gee thanks for the wonderful service.
The most pleasant meal of the time was at Carmine's. We also sat at the bar and the bartender was engaging, competent & nice. The food was hot which is a good thing and while lacking a little in flavor compared to actual Carmine's was nice. Tab for fried zucchini, chicken Marsala & angel hair with calamari? $160 for three. I could eat at the NY Carmine's twice for that.
The next night we went to a function at the hotel for the bowl game with the Bahamas minister of tourism who was also very nice. Thankfully, the food & drinks were free there, so we weren't extorted that night.
Fast forward to that when I'm getting ready to check out. I get my bill with charges for the internet even though I was specifically told by the front desk agent that I wouldn't be charged for it, so I had to go down and argue about that. Also, I called down for a little later checkout, I got someone on the phone who sounded like she was reading off a script that just said no no no. I informed them if their own rules concerning this and they said, let me talk to the front desk. They came back with one hour later which was noon which should be the normal time anyway at most hotels.
In short, extortionate prices, unhelpful people & lack of any other options mean there is absolutely no reason you should stay here.
VP & GM Stuart Bowe should be ashamed if himself.

Room Tip: Go to another property
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel lobbies and water features are very nice.
however
Food is very mediocre considering the price. The best deal was the Bahamian Club - 6 people, $690 and it was fantastic. Rest of restaurants and lunch places were not very good and for 6 of us - avg $280 for lunch or dinner with no alcohol.
No one was winning in casino, just sucking money. Very rarely does a waitress/ waiter show up with drinks - almost non existent.
The place has an identity crisis. Used to be an adult themed resort with casino, top notch dance club and high end stores. Now a family resort that is way over priced. Drinks around the pool $13 to $17 each.
Room Internet for 4 days $89 - Most hotels now this is included
No refills on pop $3.50 each
Buffet $50 plus
Taxi cabs 2 minute drive - $25 each way
They nickel and dime you everywhere.
Its probably a place you want to come once and see the property but I would never return and that is the consensus you hear talking to people here.
The buildings are getting old and a lot needs to be fixed.
Nothing to do at night. No activities like other resorts
Everything closes early - hard time finding anything to eat after 10pm

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms make you feel better paying through the nose. Forget the Marina view as you can...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were here for a gymnastics competition and stayed in the beach towers as they were closest to the area we were competing in. I was surprised to find the rooms to be bigger than usual but the room had a very odd smell to it and our clothes all had the same smell. We live in another island in the Bahamas so we are used to most things like that.
Found the water to taste terrible even when brushing our teeth. Room was not cleaned well and rarely was any garbage taken out.
The Atlantis itself is a nice property and great for kids with the aquariums, pools and waterslides.
I found it soooo expensive though all the different fees, for everything. And just eating was crazy. Didn't find the restaurants to be very good, one we couldn't even eat our food.

My child had an great time at the build a bear, the pottery and the kids club and found these workers to be wonderful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Atlantis - Beach Tower? Share your experiences!