“We love Atlantis .....but be careful had an accident” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fall Rates from $99
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Paradise Island
Ontario
“We love Atlantis .....but be careful had an accident”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

we stayed at Atlantis the last week of October ...it was our third time there. It was our 20th wedding anniversary and my husband went out of his way to make it a special trip. We enjoyed the usual things like great dining and the dig. Beach is amazing. Avoid Johnny Rockets if you want a quiet meal, way too loud. A little disappointed that a few of the restaurants were closed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay up until the second last day. I was on the rapid river ride,....I have been on this ride many times before,...I was in a double tube with my daughter making sure all parts of my body were tucked in. A wave hit us and we were thrown up against the concrete wall,....my husband and daughter dragged me out of the pool, i hit my head very hard...I received first aid (ice) and rested awhile. I was DONE. We flew home the next day,...I have been to the doctor I have a concussion. I have contacted Atlantis and reported that I was injured. Unfortunately after a few emails back and forth I feel like I have been forgotten about! 3 weeks later I am still in a lot of pain and is going to a pain clinic now. Be very careful on the ride it is dangerous!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed in July 2013 for a week and from the moment I arrived i was amazed. food was great. great service. Aquaventure was a lot of fun. enjoyed the dig. didn't get to snorkel the ruins but i went snorkeling off the coast of Nassau, which was awesome. beach was perfect with soft white sand and clear tuquoise water.

Would I come back someday?
Yes!!! Definately!!!

Room Tip: beach tower is the cheapest hotel in the Atlantis resort. book the package with a refund in case of...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

i wish there is an option of minus 5 stars. this place is a joke and waste of money. A run down smelly hallways leads you to Murry deli!!! are you kidding me, Murry is turing in his grave, the worst food and very very expensive. Drug dealer on there beaches and all kind of shady characters selling weed/smoke, smoke, like walking in Washington Square Park, NYC. the staff are really laid back, i dont know maybe weather and too much sun ,but the only way they will move if they see the $$$$$. Never again Atlantis....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've stayed here twice in 2011 for a birthday/wedding planning and the actual wedding. Once in mid April for 3 nights and another in late August.

This place is "luxury." I was lucky enough to be part of the wedding family and the room stay was paid for. With that being said, I still spent over $1200 in 4 days. This doesn't include any money won or spent at the casino. If I had not won any money, I could have easily spent over $2500.

After a good night (first night) at the tables, I offered to cover dinner since, hell, they paid for my expensive suite. 6 guests, 2-3 drinks each, and burgers and fries...$750 including gratuity. I cam in to this dinner hoping to exhaust no more than half of my accrued chip stack but ended up going all in and out of pocket.

The following days and nights were basically the same experience with my winnings supporting lunch and dinner. I personally never went below the amount I started with. The dealers (blackjack) were some of the most helpful dealers I've ever met. I wasn't always so inebriated while gambling, but the advice given and chance to reneg my call was always given.

The food was exceptional, but in my opinion, not worth what they've charged. There is a variety of places to eat with TOP CHEFs on the roster (like actual Top Chef or Iron Chef winners/contestants).

The rooms were really something else. Top notch and I really wouldn't expect anything less since it's a younger upscale resort. If I didn't have to get out of bed, I could have laid on that thing forever.

The waterpark was nothing to get too crazy about, but it was still very fun, especially if your lucky enough to have a day without the cruise guests crowing the place. I suggest bringing beach shoes if your stay is in the summer, unless the ground is always that hot, then bring them just in case. Don't miss the mayan pyramid water slide, it shoots you right through the shark tank for a glorious 5 second view.

Again, I suggest only staying at the resort if you have the cash flow to have a good time. To save money on the rooms, I've heard the Marriott or whichever the hotel is right across the street from the resort's gate also gives you access to the casino and waterpark.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel is pretty and clean with nice views; the service at the front desk is poor if you need assistance no one bothers to make an effort to be helpful; the wedding team is cooperative up till the point you have paid for everything and then if something goes wrong or promises in a contract are not fulfilled you get the run around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My review is NOT about a stay here, but coming after 6pm when its FREE to wander.

We decided to come here after 6pm to check out the aquarium.
While the vast windows look impressive when approaching, a closer look into the tanks shows that there is minimal varity or vibrant color inside them.

There are plenty of gray swimming fish, but I had anticipated with such a large hotel with a great reputation, that there would be more bright tropical fish (that I had seen on the reef during a catamaran snorkel a few days before) had shown me to be native to the island.

There is an area to walk through where there are more varieties, but there were no plaques to identify these fish. Idenification would have been helpful to know what we were looking at.
There are 'fish guides' that can be picked up at the entrance, but there were none to be picked up at this time.

Walking through this hotel, it is very tidy and large. People everywhere.
There were signs on the walls to explain via an arrow where this tower or that tower was, but nothing noting what would be at that tower.
A more comprehensive list showing places to eat or shop would have been nice rather than wandering aimlessly, sometimes ending up near elevator bays that would go to rooms, but not something for us visiting just the hotel to see.

The outdoor market area with the boats & yahts was pleasant. Vendors were open, and music was playing.

Atlantis was worth the walk through (we lasted about 2 hours), and happy we didnt pay the day pass fee of $150. I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
conroe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were there at the end of Oct. so the water park wasn't too crowded. Everything there was way overpriced, There is a Dunkin Donuts across the street where we went for breakfast every day, there also is a restaurant called Anthony's next to the donut shop that has great food.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Atlantis - Beach Tower? Share your experiences!