My review is NOT about a stay here, but coming after 6pm when its FREE to wander.
We decided to come here after 6pm to check out the aquarium.
While the vast windows look impressive when approaching, a closer look into the tanks shows that there is minimal varity or vibrant color inside them.
There are plenty of gray swimming fish, but I had anticipated with such a large hotel with a great reputation, that there would be more bright tropical fish (that I had seen on the reef during a catamaran snorkel a few days before) had shown me to be native to the island.
There is an area to walk through where there are more varieties, but there were no plaques to identify these fish. Idenification would have been helpful to know what we were looking at.
There are 'fish guides' that can be picked up at the entrance, but there were none to be picked up at this time.
Walking through this hotel, it is very tidy and large. People everywhere.
There were signs on the walls to explain via an arrow where this tower or that tower was, but nothing noting what would be at that tower.
A more comprehensive list showing places to eat or shop would have been nice rather than wandering aimlessly, sometimes ending up near elevator bays that would go to rooms, but not something for us visiting just the hotel to see.
The outdoor market area with the boats & yahts was pleasant. Vendors were open, and music was playing.
Atlantis was worth the walk through (we lasted about 2 hours), and happy we didnt pay the day pass fee of $150. I would have been disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beauty of the Atlantis beach just steps away, the Beach Tower delivers a true Caribbean feel in a laid-back environment. Guestrooms have one king bed or two double beds, full balconies with water or terrace views. Beach Tower is perfect for young families and budget conscious travelers, and is closest to the beach, many marine exhibits, the Lazy River, Seagrapes Restaurant, Club Rush, Earth & Fire Pottery Studio, Gamer’s Reef arcade, River Pool, Atlantis Theatre and the Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Atlantis - Beach Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- Beach Hotel At Atlantis
- Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas
- Beach Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Hotel Paradise Island
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower
- Atlantis Paradise Island Hotel
- Atlantis Island Resort
- Atlantis Royal Tower
- Atlantis - Beach Tower Bahamas/Paradise Island