“got upgraded to royal towers” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$150 in FREE Dining
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Paradise Island
Florida City, Florida
“got upgraded to royal towers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

juat got back of a 7 day vacation.this time with out the kids.we celebrated our 15th weeding anniversary.it was so good the first time so had no other choice to go back.i called Sandra on such short notice the night before our trip.told her it was our weeding anniversary.she said I will be there for you.we arrived on the 15th.what a surprise,sandra was there with a sign saying happy weeding anniversary mr and mrs chan.a bigger surprise when we got to the van she pooped open a bottle of champagne.sandra is great.will always use her for transportation.when we checked in at coral towers we were upgraded by the hotel to royal towers no extra charge.royal towers was ever nicer.thanks.to atlantis and Sandra ferguson for making our anniversary a success.chan

Room Tip: we had a nice room that had ocean view

2,457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
kingston, jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have visited the attraction before but never stayed there. It was my first time staying there. There were some hiccups with my reservation and with checkin and I was disappointed because there is so much written about their great services. I have to give the hotel credit for trying to address the issues once I mentioned them and they did seem very apologetic.
The rooms in the Coral Tower are fairly ordinary but very spacious and clean. Nice amenities in the bathroom. Rooms were quiet.
Only used the Starbucks and the deli. Starbucks is conveniently located and has a nice selection. Prepare for a bit of a wait but the staff are pleasant and the coffee good. The deli also has a nice selection and a seven? layer chocolate cake that is delicious. You will also like the carrot cake.
I ran out of time so I didn't get to enjoy the amenities but there is a lot to do and see in terms of the water features and activities, lots of shops and endless restaurants and bars. You won't get bored and if you do you can head across the water via water taxi to the city to explore. I will come back when I am not on business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at Atlantis over the Labor Day weekend. Our primary reason for going was to see Michael Buble perform. It was a birthday/graduation present to my daughter. Our package was a good deal-$99 a night (with additional fees, about another $50) for the Beach Tower-Terrace view and a free dolphin encounter. I liked the location of the Beach Tower, although we did have to do a lot of walking. I think the Coral Tower would have been ideal. We utilized Dan Knowles for our transfers from the airport to Atlantis for the both of us. It was $52 round trip total. They were polite and efficient and I felt the cost in comparison to other transportation alternatives was the best deal. Our room wasn't ready when we checked in. It was suggested that we grab a bite to eat. The Marina is just outside the Coral and Beach Towers and the cheapest options for food on the premises are there. We opted to have lunch at Murray's Deli, a casual sit down restaurant. My daughter had a chicken salad sandwich and a water and I had a burger and a coke. With the tip, our total was $42! We left there and headed to the casino. I told her we must start by "toasting" our weekend. Once again, I had a Miller Lite and she had a Gin & tonic and we paid $20.76 inclusive with tip. YIKES! The beer was $8 and the drink was $10. We went back to the check in desk and inquired about any liquor stores nearby. Just off the property and across the street is a Dunkin Donuts, liquor store and grocery store. A case (24) of Miller Lite bottles was $44 and we managed to purchase a small bottle of gin and cans of tonic. We brought a small collapsible cooler and brought our own supply to the pools, dolphin cay, etc. We never purchased another drink. We also frequented the Dunkin Donuts each morning for breakfast. Two bagels and a coffee were $7. I also bought soda at the grocery store, along with some snacks (Cheez -its were $7.25) We snacked for lunch and then ate at the pizzeria at the marina. They offered salads, pizza and pasta meals for around $6. We would order small dinners and garlic bread and the portions were satisfying. Sticker shock here is real!!!!! Our room was showing its age. Wall paper was coming off the wall in the bathroom and previous repairs were shoddy at best; glue and paint all over. The beds were comfy though. We were on the top, 9th floor, and that gave us a view-even on the terrace side. Any lower and I don't think the ocean would be visible. The marine life is simply gorgeous and we loved exploring the "Dig". It wasn't too crowded and we had our choice of pools, lazy rivers and slides. We did the Lazy River twice; once choosing the rapids side and once choosing the slide side. It was enjoyable and a long ride, but I'm not one for heavy chlorine and lots of people. I can't even imagine this place when at full capacity. NIGHTMARE! My daughter did the "Leap of Faith" and said it was a blast. Her dolphin encounter was terrific too. She loved it! Once again though, I went to follow her to the beach area in Dolphin Cay and I was told I must buy a wristband to enter the beach area for $15. Not happening. I went to the patio next to the souvenier store, found a table and umbrella and proceeded to drink my Miller Lite while watching the numerous encounters and swims taking place. My last criticism involves our concert. I splurged and purchased the "premium front center-first 5 rows" tickets and found us center right, row G. I was incredibly disappointed and I was not alone. Almost everyone was upset that what was advertised was not delivered. One woman was actually center, but at the back of the convention center. She was MAD. It was false advertising at its best. Also, although no fault of Atlantis, Mr. Buble performed for 55 minutes. While he was on stage, he was amazing! Concert goers were dumbfounded when he finished and didn't provide an encore. Everyone there had spent a lot of money on airfare and accommodations and we felt somewhat cheated. I will say that he began the concert by telling us that he hadn't slept in 4 days (wife had just given birth to Noah) and had changed 40 poopie diapers. He's a fabulous entertainer on stage when he's actually on it??!! Interestingly, when returning to the airport and passing through customs, the agent asked us about our stay. He wanted to know if we liked Atlantis. We told him that we did, but that the main reason for our visit was the Buble concert. He then responded that many travelers had come through customs complaining about the short show. :-( All in all, my daughter LOVED the weekend, the hotel, the dolphin encounter and the concert. Of course she didn't pay for the experience! I did not share her enthusiasm and I would not plan to return.

Room Tip: I think I would check out the Coral Towers and request a higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The check in experience was one of the worst I have ever had in my life!

The whole process took about an hour and half just to sort through!

When we arrived we showed our booking that we got through Priceline. They then proceeded to tell us that they would need a "hold" of $600. I asked if it was just a hold or a charge and they told me not a charge. They proceeded to charge my card and when it did not go through I told them the card wouldnt go through for that amount but that i thought it was just going to be a hold.

They explained to me that they needed some sort of coverage for incidentals. I said that was fine but why were they charging my card before any incidentals had occured?

That's when slowly I started yanking the truth out of them. The first attendant that helped us was one of the rudest and unhelpful people that I have ever dealt with not only did she not want to explain the charges to me because it would take too long she also didn't look further into our priceline deal to see that we had already paid some of the taxes and fees.

As if that was not enough I told her we had pulled out all of our cash because I called the Atlantis number and that is what they advised and she went on to tell me that Atlantis is a cash free resort and that no on takes cash on the property.

And as if she was doing us some service she asked me how much i brought. I said for my boyfriend and myself I brought $700 for the 5 days. She told me not to worry this can all be worked out very simply that she would take our $600 in cash and "most likely" some of it would be returned when we checked out. I was livid to think that she was willing to leave us with $100 for two people for five days as if that was our issue to work out.

It was so bad that my boyfriend and I were thinking to take our $700 and go check in next door to the Riu. A resort that we had just stayed at in Jamaica and had no interest in ever staying at again.

I politely asked for her supervisor because this couldn't be our only option. We had flown all the way to Nassau just to stay at the Atlantis, there must be a way to work this all out.

I can say that the supervisor was much more informed and a little more helpful. She noticed that we had paid some of the taxes and she explained to me all of the taxes and fees I would incur while staying at the resort.

Even though she was very nice I still feel as if i was ripped off. How can they not tell us about this taxes before hand? No where on our reservation was there any of any additional taxes and the many times that I called Atlantis did they tell me about that either. We ended up agreeing on $300 for incidentals and I barely got any of that money back.

I went every day without breakfast and some days would even eat an apple or banana just because we had to make it through the entire stay with the little money they left us with.

As if that wasn't enough we had been given a late night delight card and every free item on there that we got we found out at the end of our trip we had been charged for. I had to fight once more with the front desk to get these ridiculous charges off.

Atlantis is a beautiful resort I just wish they would have been more honest up front.

I can tell you one thing, when recommending this hotel I am very careful in telling people about this unspoken $600 and also to triple check their bill to make sure the "free" items are really free.

I had never been to the Atlantis but my boyfriend had as a child. Unfortunately, the Atlantis was not the magical world he remembered. He was very bummed about the entire trip and even apologized to me for making me go there.

Room Tip: My tip is to ask about hidden fees before,especially if you are not booking directly through Atlanti...
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. It is really, really big! The casino is huge and modern. There are luxury stores inside, like Versace and Gucci. Lots of walking, you need plenty of time to get to see it all. There are toys in the lakes for you to play with. Lots of restaurants. The only thing I didnt like is that the water is really cold, but well this is not the hotels fault of course.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Prior to staying at the Atlantis Beach Tower, I was a bit nervous upon reading several negative reviews. I just returned from my trip and I loved staying at the Beach Tower. You must book the waterview rooms - the views are just amazing, truly gorgeous, mine had a direct view of the stingray pond, the pool and the ocean, it was wonderful. The room was also perfectly fine, I was very happy with the room and the staff throughout Atlantis were so nice and friendly. It is very quiet there at this time of year (mid Sep) so not many people and many restaurants were closed, which wasn't an issue as we mostly ate at the pizza and deli located next to each other (great pizza). I will definitely be visiting Atlantis again and I will be staying in the Beach Tower again as well, loved the view!

Room Tip: Pay for the waterview room
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The room we were given in the Beach Towers at the Atlantis was old, dirty/stained, smelled musty and was VERY far from everything.... we moved to the Coral Tower which was better but I would not want to stay in either again - the Royal Tower, Cove, and Reef are the only nice rooms I have seen there.

Room Tip: always ask for an upgrade - worst case is they say no
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Atlantis - Beach Tower? Share your experiences!